Quantcast
Dangerous 2-Bus/Monitor??? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dangerous 2-Bus/Monitor???
Old 14th December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Dangerous 2-Bus/Monitor???

Just wondering if anyone's had the chance to check out these boxes... the Dangerous Music 2-Bus, 2-Bus LT, and Monitor. I have a 2-Bus and LOVE it, and my Monitor unit is on it's way... someone's finally providing a logical solution to major DAW problems!

J.P.
Old 14th December 2002
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
i was looking at this for a possible alternitive to a board. The major problems i see with it is that there are no level controls or pan functions on the 2bus

If they had that i would be all for it
Old 14th December 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Marshall Simmon
i was looking at this for a possible alternitive to a board. The major problems i see with it is that there are no level controls or pan functions on the 2bus

The idea behind the 2-Bus is that you're doing all of your panning and automation/fader levels inside your software, this just sums all of your tracks together in a much more musical manner than number-crunching. Level and Pan functions would make it more like a dedicated console, but i'm sure adding all of those features would up the $$$ a bit... plus if you were gonna take it that far, you'd also want a few aux sends, and I'm sure other additives would pop up as well. But the simple idea behind the 2-Bus is just audiophile analog summing, nothing more. Try to find an analog board in the 2-Bus's price range that sounds as good for this purpose. Hell, show me ANY console with as much thought and design put into the summing bus (well, one I can fit through my door anyway).

J.P.heh
Old 15th December 2002
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Marshall Simmon

Check out the Inward Connections SBM-2(www.boutiqueaudio.com).

Its 16 ins with panpots, Class A throughout not IC's like the Dangerous Box. You can chain up to 4 of them. It sounds huge!!!(like a console). When I checked it out I wanted one instantly(but they are all sold out so you have to wait for the next batch). The Dangerous Box was nice it just didn't improve the sound enough to my ears to warrant the price.
Old 15th December 2002
Gear Guru

7 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by mdbeh

There weren't any dealers listed that I could find on the site. Do you know what the street price is?
That's because it's handled by Wave Distribution (Empirical Labs, Carillon, etc)...there is a list by state of all the dealers on the Wave site.
Old 15th December 2002
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by mdbeh
Looks interesting. The pan controls seem key, especially if you want to use a lot of outboard. Level I can live without.

There weren't any dealers listed that I could find on the site. Do you know what the street price is?
If you are asking about the SBM-2, its $3500 only sold through Boutique Audio.

By the way, if you need a modification to it they can do it. I was thinking about adding 16 faders to mine (with the hope of doing 64 channels of summing with maybe 32/64 faders).

Inward Connections are the designers of the VacRac gear.
Old 15th December 2002
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I'd like to get something to replace my mackie board that i'm using now for mixdowns. I'll be running off of a mackie sdr recorder. The D2B would be great if i could control panning and level on the sdr, but i can't.

What else is there? If i'm looking at a board, i would probably get the MIdas venice. But if it was in a rackmount unit, it would be even better.

Marshall
πŸ“ Reply