Ohm Force news - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ohm Force news
Old 12th December 2002
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Ohm Force news

Hi everybody,

our new baby, the Quad Frohmage, should be available very soon now. It's a powerful and lively filter bank, with carefully designed filters, tons of modulation... that goes far beyond the concept of filter. We are damn proud of it

You can learn more about it here and here .

Furthermore, all plugins are now available as RTAS for Macintosh. You can try them out here.
Hope you'll like 'em

cheers
Old 12th December 2002
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
i love you guys.....
Old 13th December 2002
s2n
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
That Frohmage plugin has the best "feel" of any plugin I have tried...and I've tried them all. How did you get the faders and knobs to feel so liquidy? It's amazing! Good job!!!
Old 13th December 2002
JingleJungle
These guys know their crap bigtime!

THIS is waht a plugin should do for a living, not try to emulate real-world hardware.

May the Ohm be with the Force...

Paul
[bigtime plug-in hater, BTW]
Old 13th December 2002
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
How did you get the faders and knobs to feel so liquidy?
well, we think here that graphical user interface is very important, although some say only matters the quality of algorithms. The major drawback of having software instead of digital hardware : it's not handy!
So we developed some ideas :
  • we found that having an inertia on knobs and faders gives a better feeling. It is closer to hardware and easier to manipulate.
  • we stole another idea from hardware : having few displays to gain room! So we have a 'main edit' section, whose content change with the parameter you select [you'll find there the parameter value display, and modulation stuff when needed).
  • another drawback is to not beeing able to manipulate multiple parameters at the same time (particularly during live sessions). So we have 'flying faders' : you can throw the knobs, so they start moving by themselfs.
  • You can also try right-clicking [+shift or ctrl] on the knobs on some plugins (but not Frohmage). This will make related knobs move together.
  • we tried to ease the tuning of some parameters : time parameters can be 'attracted' to some classical beat values, frequency parameters by notes...
But of course, dsp algorithm are our main concern
Quote:
THIS is what a plugin should do for a living, not try to emulate real-world hardware.
Yes, our plugins have their own 'personality' and are quite deep. I have just scratched the surface of the Quad Frohmage although i developped a big part of it... heh

But we also do emulate 'real world hardware'. We have developped the Oddity , which, i think, sounds pretty good heh

Quote:
[bigtime plug-in hater, BTW]
hope you'll come to ours
more seriously, i do believe that *some* software stuff are really inovative and have no hardware equivalent.

Cheers
(and escuse my poor english )
Old 13th December 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
What's with the name? Are you protecting elephants or poaching them?

Selling soap?

heh
Old 13th December 2002
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
it was after a harsh and painful ritual initiation... i hadn't all my mind when i choose it
anyway, i like elephants yuktyy ... and Quad Frohmage is out heh heh heh heh
Old 16th December 2002
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Ivory Force (ahem)! The Quad looks (and sounds) like a dream come true. Do you expect to support Audio Units in the near future? I'd buy the whole package if i could also run it in Logic.
Old 16th December 2002
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
ok, you can also call me 'jerome', as it's my real name

About AudioUnit, there isn't any timeline defined yet, because this standard is very young and still under developement.
But we're currently working on it, and hope to release our plug-ins under AU soon.

cheers,

jerome
πŸ“ Reply