Quantcast
Pitch vrs time - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pitch vrs time
Old 22nd November 2002
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Pitch vrs time

Just wondering if anyone one has one of those handy calculations that helps you work out by how much increase in pitchshift -- decreases time.

cents
semi-tones
octaves

240,000 divided by BPM (if ya using a BPM thats is) = a delay time that can be divided more or kept, so whats the deal with pitch?

More of an interest thing than constructive.
Old 24th November 2002
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Ok as no-one seems to know didderly, I'll explain where this inquiry came.

About six months back I was doing a recording for a friend and like a dumbass I had a wordclock cock up. Now the track was to be recorded at 44.1 however I had an HD and a Mix system running together, the mix was at 48 and the HD at 44.1.

Intial work was screwed, couldn't get brain round how to pitch down the track. However..............

It sounded great, the track was a bit dull before, but this accidental pitch shift gave a whole new light to the track.

We ended up copying the pitch and re-recording the whole track again, it was only scratch tracks and loops before anyway, but good feel.

So again me ask, if I screw up again what is a calculation that would let me work out the pitch increase from 44.1 to 48 or down, or the pitch increase/decrease against BPM .

Doesn't matter that much, but hey shirley theres a calc.
📝 Reply