The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who is the biggest "gearslut" in the world?
Old 14th January 2004
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: Blackbird

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackbird
Hey - McBride here. M & I are doing this on our own - I would have a hard time convincing anyone to jump into this thing! We are busy though - I am glad that someone appreciates what we are trying to do. We add a few pieces here and there on a regular basis - but the EMI eq listed in the high end section is my favorite new acquisition in the last 6 months. We close Feb. 9 on Buzz Cason's place next door and are in the planning process of what we are doing there. The Massenburg multi-channel mix room is priority one - the demo studio priority two - and more record space priority three. Things feel good and I know we could make a heckuva lot more money as a gear house but the studio is where I want to hang out. It is such a great environment there - I hope that it all makes sense someday on the financial end. I still would not change a thing about this place, even though it has turned into a black hole of money and time - I guess it just goes with the territory. Hope to see some of you soon.
Wow, good to see you posting, welcome. I've heard a lot a good about you. My buddy Charlie Morgan played there a few months ago and was amazed as well.
Old 14th January 2004
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by jagarinec
canΒ΄t find them. where are they?
On this page:
http://www.drowninginbrown.com/dib_studio.htm
click on number 6 in the studio picture, and a pop up window will picture the 4 660's. Also, all of the small colored squares in a line under the studio pic, they all pop up additional pics of mics and such.
Old 28th February 2004
I don't get it.

A "cokeslut" isn't a slut because she HAS a lot of coke.
"Slut" is not about what you have. It is about what you
will do.

I'll suck d!ck for a U47!

Gallo?

D'slut
Old 28th February 2004
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Well... A gear *****, yes. I think the sluttiness in the gearslut title comes from the fact that we are so willing to buy/trade/sell so many different pieces of gear- never really being happy w/ one piece ;-)
Old 28th February 2004
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Well, you know what I mean. I guess I can't say it on this forum but- Gearprostitute.
Old 4th March 2004
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: Who is the biggest "gearslut" in the world?

Quote:
Originally posted by Neve Sucks!
My vote goes to Jack Joseph Puig. (Ocean Way)(MIX cover Oct 2000)

http://mixonline.com/ar/audio_jack_j...puig/index.htm
I was stage manager on a live album some 15+ years ago and JJP engineered the recording. He was a complete "ASS" as far as I was concerned. He had a nickname back then, it was "Biscuit", he may not want this to get out so spread it around.
Old 4th March 2004
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Re: Re: Who is the biggest "gearslut" in the world?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarnutz
I was stage manager on a live album some 15+ years ago and JJP engineered the recording. He was a complete "ASS" as far as I was concerned. He had a nickname back then, it was "Biscuit", he may not want this to get out so spread it around.
Can you explain this a bit further?
Old 4th March 2004
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Re: Re: Re: Who is the biggest "gearslut" in the world?

Quote:
Originally posted by Remoteness
Can you explain this a bit further?
You see, Steve - Sugarnutz didn't enjoy being around JJP, and figures that JJP would rather not be called biscuit. So Sugarnutz would like everyone to know about the nickname and perhaps they'll use it.
Old 4th March 2004
Gear Guru

7 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
What's up with that identical pouty look on his face in every pic of him?
Old 5th March 2004
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
Re: Re: Re: Re: Who is the biggest "gearslut" in the world?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Martin
You see, Steve - Sugarnutz didn't enjoy being around JJP, and figures that JJP would rather not be called biscuit. So Sugarnutz would like everyone to know about the nickname and perhaps they'll use it.
I got that part of his post. Since perception is everything, I was wondering why he thought JJP was an arse.
Old 5th March 2004
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who is the biggest "gearslut" in the world?

Quote:
I got that part of his post. Since perception is everything, I was wondering why he thought JJP was an arse.
Ohhh, that's very different. Never mind...
Old 5th March 2004
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who is the biggest "gearslut" in the world?

Quote:
He was a "Prima Donna", thought he was better than everybody else without taking the time to get to know the people around this gig. At the time I had my own studio and mastering room and this little s#*t had just done "Brothers Johnson" if I remember correctly. There were a lot of southern boys on this project and he just didnt fit in too well. To his credit the roughs out of the truck sounded great, whoever ended up mixing the album trashed it. He was not approachable, he was like I said - an ASS. All I want you to remember if you ever meet him is "Biscuit".
Old 23rd January 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Biscuit or not, i'm resurrecting this thread. surely there should be some major improvement after almost 2 years (or perhaps not, considering a lot of the majors are closing...) either way, this is gearslutz afterall thumbsup

updates, anyone?

just for kicks, i'm nominating what i think could be the utmost extremity of sluttism any man can go:
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
and if anybody's interested, here's a link to one of the coolest collection of studio pic's (old school, anybody?)

http://usuarios.lycos.es/audionautas...santuarios.htm
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAngel
Too bad no one but Vincent Gallo will ever set foot inside that sweet studio. Man that place fits his personality to a tee, doesn't it? Jesus, if he really has 300 U47's, he's more psychotic than I could possibly imagine.

Buffalo '66 must have done better than I thought

Once I was in the vintage room of GC Hollywood with an artist I work with. They had the most beautiful Zematis Acoustic I ever saw.... 22k. Artist wanted it. Then as they are going through the case they found an index card, "Hold for V. Gallo" and bam! He/we lost it. It was the best sounding acoustic I have ever heard. That was Dec. 2004.
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by futur2
For example, there's a microphone [called] the Neumann U47. I own 300 Neumann U47s. 300. Most people will never seen one in their life. Most people wouldn't know an original one or what it should sound like. I own 300 of them, and I’ve listened to every one of them and studied each one of them to get my pair that I use to record with. I don't know any other mike enthusiast in the world that spent that much time on their whole mike collection, let alone one microphone."
Oh man that's just wrong! How many can he possibly be using? Put some o them babies back into circulation!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i wonder what a recording with 300 different U47 will sound like....

mmmm... tone......
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
I can't find it at the minute, but I think there is a post in the Guest Mod section where Mike Shipley says that when he was working with Mutt, Mutt pretty much had one of everything!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by atticus
I wonder if I could get an intership in Ron's studio:

http://www.ronthemusicmaker.org/studio.htm

don't forget that they also own Chick Corea's Mad Hatter too...

RH
πŸ“ Reply