Quantcast
Whats the best piano lesson software? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Whats the best piano lesson software?
Old 27th October 2007
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Whats the best piano lesson software?

I've been searching online for over an hour, but I never know which "Review" site to trust. One site will have a software #1, where another has them #7 and vice versa..

Just wondering if anyone around here knows which is best or has any experience with trying to learn piano with software!

Thanks! heh
Old 27th October 2007
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neruk โžก๏ธ
I've been searching online for over an hour, but I never know which "Review" site to trust. One site will have a software #1, where another has them #7 and vice versa..

Just wondering if anyone around here knows which is best or has any experience with trying to learn piano with software!

Thanks! heh
I have this... http://www.pianovideogame.com/ came with a M-audio midi controller.... and it's actually alot of fun! It goes from "guitar hero" style , to actual score reading in a few levels...it's a blast...and for the price it's a steal... The controller is almost worth the cost!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

here's a thread discussion...

https://gearspace.com/board/new-prod...ideo-game.html
Old 27th October 2007 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Better to find videos of Moon Mulligan and Nat Cole and watch 'em a thousand times.
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Did that toy piano program actually teach you how to play piano??? I dont want some guitar hero thing, because that clearly doesnt teach you how to play guitar.

That piano game may be fun, but I would rather LEARN how to play...
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
neruk.
try pgmusic.com.
there are all sorts of pianist series.
jazz/latin/blues etc.
PG Music Inc. - Pianist Performance Series

also check out the oscar peterson multimedia.
PG Music Inc. - Oscar Peterson Multimedia

also under master class here..
PG Music Inc. - Master Class Series
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
IMO as a university trained player.... there aint none.... there is absolutely no substitue for a good teacher.... how is a cd/game gonna teach you proper hand positioning... it aint... how is it gonna see the "curle of your fingers" and tell if it's too much or not enough???? it aint... if you learn technique wrong on a piano... you'll be tired after 1/2 hr of playing... and you'll feel like you've got arthritis even if you dont.... get a teacher...
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…