The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
studio furniture/racks
Old 4th November 2002
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
studio furniture/racks

hi all,

does anyone know what happened to KKAudio? (they made racks/desks/etc..)

i'm going to be re-working my studio around my latest gear-slut acquisition (used 32 channel Soundcraft Ghost - I got it a couple weeks ago Jay! ) toward the end of the year and I was planning on making a custom desk with racks to fit all my stuff (i'm pretty handy with wood :eek: ). I had seen the KKAudio stuff at one of the local Guitar centers a while back and thought it was visually pleasing and was planning on building my stuff using them as a model. I tried to get to their web site recently (www.kkaudio.com) and nothing came up.

My plans are to build an L shaped desk to hold the ghost (on one leg) and a keyboard (on the other leg of the 'L'). the desk would sit on top of racks (with one rack made as an iso box for my computer). does anyone have any favorite studio furniture that they might recommend that I use as a model?

- neil
Old 5th November 2002
One with big hooves

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Who knows about KK? I can't get the website to come up either. I'd check with Guitar Center since they seem to be the only dealer I can think of for them. You could also look at Raxxess and Middle Atlantic furniture. But, I'd still rather build my own. The premade stuff is really freakin' expensive. I'd try to leave the space under the console open. You'll want to move all the way in and if you ever need to go behind the racks or console you'll be kicking yourself.
Old 6th November 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Maybe you could build the desk free standing, and then build independent racks that fit under the desk?
Old 6th November 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
That's what I plan to do when I move into a new place this year. I might even try to put some key items I'd like to be able to move to the B room or bring with me to other studios in some sort of stackable racks that look like one larger rack but you can take the top 4-6 units one out easily. I'll probably put some Elco's in the back.
Old 17th September 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
does anyone know who makes these desks and racks?

๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…