The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best branded SM-57 clone.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Best branded SM-57 clone.

Hello. I use the forum for a really long time now, it's been really helpful, but this is my first post.

I have recently set my home studio up and i'm looking into buying some dynamic microphones mainly for guitar cab and drum recording. I'm looking for something like the sm57. I'm on a budget and I'm looking for vfm. Ishould say that I'm not after ultimate quality or perfect sound as this is a hobby in which I unfortunately can't put very much time and I am mainly experimenting.

I noticed that there are at least 3 branded sm-57-like mics arround 25-35 euros:

behringer sl 75c
T.bone MB 57
stagg sdm-70

Does anyone of you have any experience with these mics or know how the compare to each other, to the sm-57 and any opinions on ther quality in general?

Thank you in advance.
Old 3 weeks ago
The SL75C is transformerless. It makes it into a different mic. That said, removing the transformer from a SM-57 is a popular mod for recording guitars ... so ... yeah ...

Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambiguous signal ➡️
The SL75C is transformerless. It makes it into a different mic. That said, removing the transformer from a SM-57 is a popular mod for recording guitars ... so ... yeah ...

Yeah I had noticed that but I'm looking for someone who had experience in comparing the clone with one another and some general impressions. Thanks a lot for your input.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
For a few bucks more surely you can find a second-hand SM57?
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate ➡️
For a few bucks more surely you can find a second-hand SM57?
Maybe but I don't like buying used especially in greeceif I buy the behringers I get 5 mics in almost the price of one sm57.
📝 Reply