The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Interface dead
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Interface dead

Hi guys!

My Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen died and I am looking for a replacement. I would the interface for recording DI-tracks with my electric guitar (Death and Thrash Metal). It would be also used to for general tasks on the computer (games, movies, etc.). Also I am mixing and recording a lot with headphones. So I would use it basically as general soundcard for my PC. So far I found 3 interfaces, that would most likely fit my needs:
Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen, Motu M2 or the Audient ID4 mkII.
Which one would you recommend mostly for my needs? What are your experiences?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
They're all fine...the Solo is probably the cheapest, so that one. If you want to allow for possibly more connectivity options in the future, the M2.

The Behringer 204 and Steinberg UR22 also work work fine FYI.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks for your answer!

I ordered the Audient ID4 MKII from the big T. Lets see, how it will be. I chose the Audient because of:
-Strong headphone amp (can be used with headphones up to 600 Ohm - Focusrite Scarlett just up to 200 Ohm)
-I wondered, if it will make a noticeable difference on how my DI tracks will sound (compared to the Scarlett)
-Seems strongly built
-I liked the interface
-Using the big knob for automation in the DAW sounds like a nice feature too.

I can't wait to check it out.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Sooo, I got my new Audient ID4 MKII yesterday and checked it out already. I listened some music and made a little mixing with my headphones and monitors. I can absolutely hear a difference in quality with my headphones and also my monitors are sounding better. Today I will compare recording some DI tracks but so far I am quite happy, that my Focusrite interface died. :D

I didn't think, it would make that much difference honestly.

Last edited by ScionOfBalance; 4 weeks ago at 03:45 PM.. Reason: Forgot something
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

3 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScionOfBalance โžก๏ธ
Sooo, I got my new Audient ID4 MKII yesterday and checked it out already. I listened some music and made a little mixing with my headphones and monitors. I can absolutely hear a difference in quality with my headphones and also my monitors are sounding better. Today I will compare recording some DI tracks but so far I am quite happy, that my Focusrite interface died. :D

I didn't think, it would make that much difference honestly.
Audient's preamps are quite nice.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
just wondering.. how long did you have the original Focusrite Solo ? Was it new or a used one? Do you know what cause the interface to die or it just stopped working on its own one day?
๐Ÿ“ Reply