Quantcast
The cell phone monitor thread - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The cell phone monitor thread
Old 9th February 2021
Here for the gear

The cell phone monitor thread

I looked for a similar thread but they are all old.

I currently use audreio to pipe audio from daw to iphone however i find the latency to be increasingly worse and initial connection annoying taking multiple attempts

Anyone else using any other situation?
Old 9th February 2021
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
You could do it with AudioMovers.
Old 9th February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
At the end of the day, I upload mixes to google drive and listen to them everywhere I can.

I’ve often thought that a small enclosure with cell phone and/or laptop speakers would sell well.
Old 9th February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry123 ➡️

I’ve often thought that a small enclosure with cell phone and/or laptop speakers would sell well.
And they do, sell like hotcakes I mean. They're called.., cellphones and laptops.

I've thought about building my own, saw them (tiny plexiglass cubes I believe were custom built) on YT in somebody's studio.

Thing is, you would need all the obscure, in-the-box clever DSP too. I believe that is what enables these kind of frequency and dynamically limited micro transducers to create the illusion of representing (some) low end. My -not so new- Android phone also appears to apply some sort of audio compression and/or limiting that can't be turned off by the user.

Not the expert here (so please feel free to correct and/or educate me) and I gave up on the idea.

Seems your first option is the easier one. (It's what I do anyways.)

T
Old 13th February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
THIS.

https://www.inputmag.com/guides/ikea...rtable-speaker

very fun sounding speaker which is enjoyable to listen to. small enclosure -- check. laptop kinda speakers -- check. a collaboration of ikea and teenage engineering -- what? ,)
Old 13th February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Ve ➡️
THIS.

https://www.inputmag.com/guides/ikea...rtable-speaker

very fun sounding speaker which is enjoyable to listen to. small enclosure -- check. laptop kinda speakers -- check. a collaboration of ikea and teenage engineering -- what? ,)
Too bad they were discontinued last year. Great that I just snagged the last one on ePay! I don't really need it, but jeez it sure is cute!

Reminds me of MY teenage enginering days, with a transistor radio in my shirt pocket... I thought I was cool then... I could have a playlist of oldies and really regress! <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0fy1HeJv80>
Old 3rd March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by loujudson ➡️
Too bad they were discontinued last year. Great that I just snagged the last one on ePay! I don't really need it, but jeez it sure is cute!

Reminds me of MY teenage enginering days, with a transistor radio in my shirt pocket... I thought I was cool then... I could have a playlist of oldies and really regress! <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0fy1HeJv80>
Replying to my own message: The little Ikea (should that be iKea?) speaker arrived today, and I am having a blast with it! It actualy sounds really good, especially for a 1" speaker!

The best news it has a far greater range than any other BT speaker - My older ones will not reach the dining room from my studio, but this one works in the backyard, in the front of the house, everywhere. I am impressed. It's cute as heck and not annoying to listen to. such a good deal!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…