The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Are there any Nektar Panorama experts here?
Old 25th January 2021
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Are there any Nektar Panorama experts here?

Need some help in trying to assign specific MIDI channels to the ports...the manual sorta "hints" at this, so I am not even sure it can be done!

Essentially what I need to do is be able to send into the iPad on two channels and I thought the ports would allow this. I was trying to use the synths on the iPad in standalone, rather than with either AUM Mixer or Camelot Pro...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pax_eterna ➡️
Need some help in trying to assign specific MIDI channels to the ports...the manual sorta "hints" at this, so I am not even sure it can be done!

Essentially what I need to do is be able to send into the iPad on two channels and I thought the ports would allow this. I was trying to use the synths on the iPad in standalone, rather than with either AUM Mixer or Camelot Pro...

Any ideas?

Thanks
I know some time has passed so you've probably already came to this conclusion. But the Nektar Panorama just acts as an interface and controller for hardware instruments, and obviously a controller for software instruments as well. (That probably didn't need to be said, but I'm new here and my personal experience with online communities as a whole says that if I didn't include that statement than someone would be along shortly to point it out.)
So I when reading the manual I gathered that they were suggesting if one was to be using the Panorama as a hardware interface/controller while also working on other parts of their song with software instruments; than instead of unplugging your hardware and whatever others steps would be needed to control software, to just rock out separate midi channels.
Because when the Panorama was released, it was way ahead of the game as far as user interface goes. It still is pretty far up there and it's been just over or just shy of ten years, I can't remember. So they suggest this on the pretense that any other controller you would find in store would require you to remap the entire channel, transport and all, as opposed to just changing the channel that the keys are getting sent through.

Anyways, I know this is super late and it's not even a response that enables you to accomplish your goal, but I felt it was odd that nobody had given you an answer. I hope this at least gives you some closer.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackrockrevival ➡️
I know some time has passed so you've probably already came to this conclusion. But the Nektar Panorama just acts as an interface and controller for hardware instruments, and obviously a controller for software instruments as well. (That probably didn't need to be said, but I'm new here and my personal experience with online communities as a whole says that if I didn't include that statement than someone would be along shortly to point it out.)
So I when reading the manual I gathered that they were suggesting if one was to be using the Panorama as a hardware interface/controller while also working on other parts of their song with software instruments; than instead of unplugging your hardware and whatever others steps would be needed to control software, to just rock out separate midi channels.
Because when the Panorama was released, it was way ahead of the game as far as user interface goes. It still is pretty far up there and it's been just over or just shy of ten years, I can't remember. So they suggest this on the pretense that any other controller you would find in store would require you to remap the entire channel, transport and all, as opposed to just changing the channel that the keys are getting sent through.

Anyways, I know this is super late and it's not even a response that enables you to accomplish your goal, but I felt it was odd that nobody had given you an answer. I hope this at least gives you some closer.
Thanks. haha, yes I came to the same conclusion after a bit more digging. Now as I have an keylab II and the panoram I am trying to research the best one for use with Reaper, but I'll post elsewhere for that
📝 Reply