The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DIY Equalizer
Old 1st November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
DIY Equalizer

Hi all,

Here comes information about building the Calrec PQ1549 Equalizer, the one found in the Calrec "Polar" desk. This EQ is one of my absolute favorites when it comes to standard IC-based types - and it is quite easy to build...

Complete with schematics and PCB layout..

http://www.gyraf.dk/gyraf2/gy_pd/gy_pd.htm

Comments and feedback are more than welcome

Best regards

Jakob Erland
Gyraf Audio
Old 2nd November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
DIY EQ

You sir, are a righteous dude! The whole idea of DIY pro audio is terribly underappreciated, especially when you consider that just a couple of decades ago, building at least some of your own gear was commonplace and almost a requirement.

If there were more hours in a day, I would be constantly building new toys for my studio. One of the main roadblocks for guys getting started in DIY audio is the surprising lack of info on pro audio DIY projects. You almost have to start out with hifi designs and modify them for studio use. But guys like you are changing the situation and many of us appreciate every one of your DIY related posts.

Thanks!

steve
[email protected]
http://home.pacbell.net/sjp/
Old 2nd November 2002
Kev
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Well said steve,

I think most already know were my passions lie. I luv all things DIY but Jakob's site is close to, if not the best on the net.

Jakob is Group DIY's 'MVP' so check out all his projects. I happen to know a killer project is on it's way and getting closer by the week.

Back track through his links and you will find Group DIY. From there you will find some excellent people and sites to help you with your DIY project.

once again Jakob ,
thank you
Old 4th November 2002
Founder

how kind!
Old 5th November 2002
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
thumbs up!

jacob, you're the best.
I really need to take a holiday just to get my soldering iron out...

thanks very much.

michael
Old 22nd August 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I realize that we've redecorated the weppage - CalrEq has new home at http://gyraf.dk/wp-content/uploads/2...-PQ1549-EQ.pdf

/Jakob E.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…