The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Aurora Audio - still around??
Old 23rd June 2020
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Aurora Audio - still around??

I've been trying to get in touch with the folks at Aurora Audio on and off for months, regarding some technical issue with a GTQ2. Sent messages through their website and to Geoff's email but no responses. Does anybody know if they are still in business? Their website doesn't seem to be online right now, either. Just curious to know if all is well over there.
Old 4th September 2020
Geoff Tanner has had my GTC2 since April. I've talked to him several times, and everytime he says he's shipping it back to me later that day but it never arrives. For the last two weeks I haven't been able to get through. I just want my compressor back.
Old 7th September 2020
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I need my GTQ2 repaired and the site is still down. No word from them at all?
Old 10th September 2020
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
yeah same here need my GTQ2 fixed and no one picking up on phone numbers I have, Website seems to be down and facebook is DOA. Hope no one is sick!
Old 10th September 2020

🎧 10 years
I’ve dropped Geoff a message - hopefully he’ll be over here soon!
Old 11th September 2020
Awesome, Mr Tanner got a hold of me. He said his website is undergoing some changes.
Old 11th September 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Slightly OT but anyone aware of a place that services Aurora products in the UK? I'm sure a decent tech could do the job but just wondering if there's an 'official' place?
Old 12th September 2020 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Slinger ➡️
Awesome, Mr Tanner got a hold of me. He said his website is undergoing some changes.
Great - yes he said he’d had some email issues!
Old 13th September 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanriffic ➡️
Slightly OT but anyone aware of a place that services Aurora products in the UK? I'm sure a decent tech could do the job but just wondering if there's an 'official' place?
Floating Point Audio in Paris is the official EU Aurora repair shop but Geoff also recommends the services of Blake Devitt in the UK. You can find his email address at https://www.proaudioeurope.com/info/...e-neve-vintage

Old 13th September 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by coso ➡️
Floating Point Audio in Paris is the official EU Aurora repair shop but Geoff also recommends the services of Blake Devitt in the UK. You can find his email address at https://www.proaudioeurope.com/info/...e-neve-vintage

Great! Very much appreciated coso.
Old 3rd October 2020
Here for the gear

I’m in the same boat. He’s had my unit for about a year. First he was having trouble with the repair, then it was Covid. Not sure what to do. We emailed back and forth a few times but that was around april or may I believe.
Old 3rd October 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hi I think that eventually, all companies that have been solid in the past like Aurora, Great Rivers, Manley, etc..., will not be able to compete due to newer companies like Klark Teknik, Stam Audio, Lindell for instance, and plugins companies.
When you run a business, the first 75% is just to break even, and the last 25% is your profit for the owner. So when business is down by 25%, then there will be no profit for the owner, sort to speak.
It is very unfortunate, and it is happening, and happening fast.
I think there is something wrong if people cannot get back their stuff after a year.
dan
Old 4th October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

7 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan le ➡️
Hi I think that eventually, all companies that have been solid in the past like Aurora, Great Rivers, Manley, etc..., will not be able to compete due to newer companies like Klark Teknik, Stam Audio, Lindell for instance, and plugins companies.
When you run a business, the first 75% is just to break even, and the last 25% is your profit for the owner. So when business is down by 25%, then there will be no profit for the owner, sort to speak.
I think there is something wrong if people cannot get back their stuff after a year.
dan

The situation is no different than it was 10+ years ago with mass produced clones and plug ins. Up until Covid, the economy was actually a lot better. Every company can tighten the belt and diversify a bit to survive. Ironically Covid has made business increase significantly. And also ironically the companies that are most deep in Asia in terms of production are often the ones who have felt the pinch the most, specifically because of disruption of supply lines from there.
Old 23rd December 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan le ➡️
dan
I live in LA. I called, Geoff picked up the phone, I made arrangements to go in and Geoff personally replaced the 1/4" direct input jack and calibrated my GTQ2. This was the first service in 10 years. The shop was lined up with Sidecar Consoles in various stages of production - so they looked pretty busy. I've seen posts of people having issues with Aurora gear. That has not been my experience.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonzob ➡️
I live in LA. I called, Geoff picked up the phone, I made arrangements to go in and Geoff personally replaced the 1/4" direct input jack and calibrated my GTQ2. This was the first service in 10 years. The shop was lined up with Sidecar Consoles in various stages of production - so they looked pretty busy. I've seen posts of people having issues with Aurora gear. That has not been my experience.
If you have Geoff's phone number, then I think that you should post it here, so people can call and get their unit(s) back.
You would be doing some people a big favor.
I am glad that you live in LA and you can have Geoff help you on a personal basis.

dan
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
@ dan le
I'm not in the habit of posting anyone's phone number here, but it's not something that's difficult to find.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonzob ➡️
@ dan le
I'm not in the habit of posting anyone's phone number here, but it's not something that's difficult to find.
OK, got it.

dan
Old 23rd December 2020

🎧 10 years
https://www.google.com/search?q=auro...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Lists a phone number. If you look at the website Geoff asks not to be called unless necessary.

FWIW he's definitely around - he's on FB, you might be able to contact him there.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I was onto Geoff at Aurora Audio in February re a problem with one channel of my GTQ2.
He replied straight away that it sounded like the output amplifier and gave me a cost including courier which I sent by Paypal straight away and then nothing...
No replies to any of my follow up emails.
Not sure what to do next.
If I open a paypal dispute I'll likely never get the part leaving me with a half working unit (1 channel).
What do you reckon ?
Very disappointed in what I thought was a reputable company.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I had an Aurora Audio experience lately. I purchased a GTQC. thru a dealer and it arrived as promise in 2 weeks. I'm impressed and really liking it, but the lights out on the meter, no big? E-mail to Mr Tanner, he says shipped it back, he pays shipping. After a week no contact, week 2 nada, remember this is a light on a meter, 3 week no response to inquiries. So I called the dealer to get some action and told him if this unit didn't ship fast I'd cancel my credit card purchase. It shipped fast.
If I have any problems with my GTQC I'm going to send it to someone else. I have to give this company an thumbs down on warranty work
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerogrande ➡️
I had an Aurora Audio experience lately. I purchased a GTQC. thru a dealer and it arrived as promise in 2 weeks. I'm impressed and really liking it, but the lights out on the meter, no big? E-mail to Mr Tanner, he says shipped it back, he pays shipping. After a week no contact, week 2 nada, remember this is a light on a meter, 3 week no response to inquiries. So I called the dealer to get some action and told him if this unit didn't ship fast I'd cancel my credit card purchase. It shipped fast.
If I have any problems with my GTQC I'm going to send it to someone else. I have to give this company an thumbs down on warranty work
Terrible !
I love the GTQ2 ans was considering a pair of the GT500 pres but will pass now.
A bad reputation spreads very quickly and is hard to recover from.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
MickRich. . .Well I'm going to buy another GTQC, for a stereo pair. I'm trapped, a great product, but bad service, what to do? I like GT products, Q2, excellent preamp. I hate to slag on the guy, maybe he'll improve?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I've had GTQ2 mk3 for ten years and it is a wonderful sounding pre. The DIs in one of the best I've heard.

I had some problems with the other channel a couple of years ago and I sent it t for repairs. Both DIs were replaced. It took almost three months in total to get the unit back.
In July 2020 the other channel had some problems and I sent Geoff an email regarding it and he replied then went silent for a couple of months and in the end of 2020 he said that he could sent a replacement part and I could fix it myself. Sent a couple of emails but never got a reply back nor the replacement part.
I contacted the current European dealer but they didn't want to fix the unit as it was bought from the old dealer.
Well in the end I sent the unit to the old dealer whose tech checked the unit and it should be arriving back to me next week.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I was onto Floating Point in Paris who are the EU dealer.
They said they cant fix it and are dropping Aurora from their store.

It looks like it is going to be difficult to get this fixed.
I hope I can get back the paypal I sent to Geoff.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoo ➡️
I've had GTQ2 mk3 for ten years and it is a wonderful sounding pre. The DIs in one of the best I've heard.

I had some problems with the other channel a couple of years ago and I sent it t for repairs. Both DIs were replaced. It took almost three months in total to get the unit back.
In July 2020 the other channel had some problems and I sent Geoff an email regarding it and he replied then went silent for a couple of months and in the end of 2020 he said that he could sent a replacement part and I could fix it myself. Sent a couple of emails but never got a reply back nor the replacement part.
I contacted the current European dealer but they didn't want to fix the unit as it was bought from the old dealer.
Well in the end I sent the unit to the old dealer whose tech checked the unit and it should be arriving back to me next week.
Could you tell me the name of the older dealer who was able to fix it please ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
This is a problem small studio owners will always have if you buy high end gear you rely on. Stuff will break and it will be very difficult to get it fixed in a timely manner, if at all.

The only thing you can do is have redundancy - my dyn audio bm 15s have been out for repair since august - fortunately I have three pairs of monitors, so I’m covered.

It’s a nuisance, but that’s how it is - buy backups.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Geoff has previously recommended Blake Devitt for Aurora repairs within the EU. He is also endorsed by Funky Junk. You can find his email at https://www.proaudioeurope.com/info/...e-neve-vintage

Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by coso ➡️
Geoff has previously recommended Blake Devitt for Aurora repairs within the EU. He is also endorsed by Funky Junk. You can find his email at https://www.proaudioeurope.com/info/...e-neve-vintage

Thanks.
I was onto Blake and he said he can't do it.
Too busy with installs.
He told me Phoenix Audio use a lot of the same parts so I could try them.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 ➡️
This is a problem small studio owners will always have if you buy high end gear you rely on. Stuff will break and it will be very difficult to get it fixed in a timely manner, if at all.

The only thing you can do is have redundancy - my dyn audio bm 15s have been out for repair since august - fortunately I have three pairs of monitors, so I’m covered.

Don't worry, I have plenty of other good pres, I won't have to close down if the Aurora is away for a while =]
You seriously need to get a new tech if they have had your monitors for 8 months !
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 ➡️

Or find a great tech!
📝 Reply