The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studio monitor advice (LYD 48 vs core 47 vs a77x vs kh310)
Old 12th April 2021 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavros777 ➡️
Is it 9k for a pair?
How does it compare to the Quasars?
Thank you for the info!
Yes and idk personally but I’ll be at Namm this year in Tennessee so maybe I’ll be able to compare first hand
Old 12th April 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted e09cd8e ➡️
8” Quested. S8R is good but the V2108 is a good deal better. The latter are easily the best 8” two-way I have ever heard and can do it all once you learn them. Some find the tweeter dark but just learn them, flip the treble switch in the back, or adjust your room. Quested are like Dynaudios but much better, drier, and more translatable.

For cheaper and worse sound, KRK V8S4. It’s like the V6S4 but less mid presence, more extension, and more open. The V6 is better for mixing and critical decision making but the V8 sounds a lot bigger. The Kevlar tweeters lack some detail but sound okay. They are duller yet more fatiguing than a soft dome but not as bad as a metal dome.

The Adam A7X and A77X sound good but are polarizing and the sweet spot is very small.

The Dyn Lyd 48 sounds weak and underpowered. I wouldn’t produce on it. The BM6a has better sound if you learn it. The Lyds were all a big step back. Core 47 I’ve never heard and it could be good but it just costs too much for what it is. given that Dynaudio has not made consistently good sounding monitors for a decade or two, I’d be afraid to bite the bullet.
As someone already stated, the lyd’s are nothing like this poster describes. I’ve used all of the above, with my main monitors being A7X’s for a while snd LYD48’s for a while. The A7X’s mids were veiled and I had problems mixing guitar inclusive music on them. They had great highs and lows but the mids weren’t there, so that can be a issue or not depending on your genre. At the price point they are still great. But they create issues in the mids.

The LYD48’s are plenty powerful (I run them at less than 1-3, and never above 3-4) snd sound great. I agree the KH310’s are better but they’re at a different price point.

To support the krk posts, jaquire king is doing a vid right now where he brought his krk v6’s bc he didnt know the focal twins at the studio. If they’re good enough for him, I guarantee they’re good enough for us to create on : )
Old 12th April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
A review with measurements of a kh 310.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...monitor.17723/
📝 Reply