The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

Take 6 when they started out rehearsing, to get more gigs,
sang in the round too.
It helped to make ends meet.
Chris
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessparov2.0 ➡️
Take 6 when they started out rehearsing, to get more gigs,
sang in the round too.
It helped to make ends meet.
Chris
...but went on to use individual mics with heavy and very specific processing and gear for their live shows.
Gear Guru

But always 6 microphones D.
Not one less.
Otherwise they'd become Take 5.
Fans wouldn't Take That lightly.

Interesting they chose to change their original sound.

And not just stay in One Direction.
Chris
I've been working on a pair of these AML EZ1073s one for me and one for a buddy. I've been taking video of the whole thing so I'm hoping to do a bit of a time lapse/tutorial thing when it's all done.

I've done 6 of the 500 series preamps so hopefully this one goes just as smoothly. If you liked Legos as a kid you might enjoy kits like this!
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-20220908_151334.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
@ chessparov2.0 what we on GS need to do for our individual sanity's sake as long as we are alive is

Gear Guru

They still sound awesome!
Thanks, Chris
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I had a bunch of string and woodwind players from the Oregon Symphony in the studio today. It feels like cheating!

Sessions like this confirm what I tell clients who want to hire musicians but think they’ll save money by hiring lesser/cheaper players: you actually can’t afford to not hire the best. You’ll spend more upfront but have do far fewer takes, no editing and pitch correction or re-recording later. We got a staggering amount of tracking done in just few hours and it all needs nothing done to it!
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-e8ce6af3-8307-4b5d-9ad0-4352fb17e0f1.jpeg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-fbdeb7c7-0be3-4e40-afd5-0ff6abc64c34.jpeg  
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

A good friend of mine did that, hiring a number of gifted classical instrumentalists, at a local studio.

Unfortunately, after their lunch break, it was discovered a thief had broken into the Studio.

And had made off with the Lute.
Chris
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Retro Rescue Today ! with Maxx Vader !

yep found most of this stuff left outside a house ... admittedly it was near a removal van for some reason ( jk. )

Bought the Denon, Jamo and Behringer as is for $28 from the tip !

Marantz SR4500 ( works )
Marantz CD94 ( not tested )
Jamo S626 ( tested and freken louuud )
Denon AVRX 2100 W ( works )
Yamaha NS-1 ( working )
MS Avant 908 ( working )
Behringer Head and Quad box ( not tested , affectionately called DeeDee )
JBL 10 " Sub ( works )
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-s1000004.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-s1000005.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-s1000006.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-s1000008.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-s1000010.jpg  

Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-s1000007.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-s1000011.jpg  
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

First Post!

Long time forum lurker, first time poster. Loving the Sony C-38b’s on overheads!
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-7c67f45d-32da-4e45-87ba-0b3b57a265f5.jpeg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-6f078ed3-90dd-4037-a512-e5d46958bd4e.jpeg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-aa62a816-7035-452d-8842-d00c9df15eca.jpeg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-ab5be547-07a5-4d4b-8393-045ee1995552.jpeg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-481d2efb-d220-4dfa-acf8-3c3eba319052.jpeg  

Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoDen ➡️
Long time forum lurker, first time poster. Loving the Sony C-38b’s on overheads!
Looks like a cool setup. I almost always have a notebook very close too.

Welcome.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruner ➡️
Looks like a cool setup. I almost always have a notebook very close too.

Welcome.
I always keep one to record mics/outboard gear used just in case we have to retrack something for a later date. Cool to look at sessions from years ago and see what I was using at that time.
Cheers!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoDen ➡️
welcome..........and excellent first post
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…