The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)
Old 4th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Shooting some video for latest tune
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-990d3705-502c-4f6e-86cd-e75f0c4e3464.jpg  
Old 5th March 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Re-amping a lead guitar solo:

Close-up of the pedals, and the Radial Reamp box:

Old 5th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Today in the studio.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-studio.jpg  
Old 5th March 2021
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Trying to get the acoustics right in the new "vocal corner" area.

There's a Reflexion Filter Pro hiding under that blanket. It's good but it's a little colored in the midrange, so I added a blanket.

It's still early so I'll have to make noise later.

The blanket was a gift from a friend/fan at a gig years ago, kind of cool, a musical blanket. It's good in a kick drum too, for that damp thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-2021-03-05-06.49.01.jpg  
Old 5th March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules ➑️
Would be interested in your set up notes for these.. I hope to get some soon.
Just a quick note. More and more I'm blown away. At first I was shocked at how well my ld trusty NHTs did in comparison. But the HEDDs are so well balanced. And what was telling was a quick mix I had done last month on the NHTs. I through that back up and listened through the HEDDs. There were some frequencies that just bloomed out in a bad way. Low mids I missed on the NHTs. The area I struggle with. Brilliant.

The speakers are very comfortable and balanced. I'm proud of myself! The sub is back ordered. I don't know what the deal is with that thing.
Old 8th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Some Of My Favorite Gear

Setting up for another big Wednesday vocal session with Johanna for her album project, just mounted the 67 Reissue, haven't even connected it yet, this mic trio and my little bedroom studio full of some of my favorite audio things, reminded me of how blessed I have been to provide some studio "magic" for the teens I record, inspired me to pull out the Nikon.

The C725 in the center has proven magnificent on Johanna, I have lately been double mic-ing with my newest, the Heiserman H47T and, thought I should add a third mic for simultaneous capture, the 67 Reissue with Klaus vintage tuned capsule in order to share the results, perhaps add different colors on some songs for Johanna's album. It is wonderful to have options.

I am going to go with Pueblo JR preamps on all three mics to provide clean examples for the Gear Shoot Outs forum.

Lots of great gear in the picture including new Foreno VU Meters on my standing/sitting desk and the SoundSeat which was a great investment (very comfortable for me, dead silent during tracking and, with removeable arms, the perfect seat to record guitar).

All the cables in front of the audio rack are my makeshift patchbay, made temporarily necessary by the long recovery and physical therapy schedule after a January 2021 rotator cuff surgery.

https://flic.kr/p/2kJ6EWq

Last edited by StevenLMorgan; 9th March 2021 at 07:38 PM..
Old 15th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Setup For Tomorrow's Acoustic Guitar Session

Setup For tomorrow's acoustic guitar session; what I am calling the Hendyamps preferred mic configuration despite being aware that this configuration has existed for quite some time. I am crediting Hendyamps for reminding me of the configuration and, more importantly, providing details and excellent examples.

Heiserman H47T on 12th Fret and Neumann 67 Reissue over the right shoulder

https://flic.kr/p/2kLec5m

A few Hendyamps config examples I hope to approximate. (please note that video is made AFTER recording, not during recording and that vocal recording on Rabbit Hole was also prior to video):

https://youtu.be/bnHgJ_1Wi7U

https://youtu.be/yHsOMBdHzUM

Last edited by StevenLMorgan; 15th March 2021 at 05:12 PM..
Old 17th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Got a new (old) floor lamp. Love it! Sounds amazing!
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-603eac5b-268c-4faf-8ef7-a479131e9013.jpg  
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I know it’s still meant to be Lockdown in London Town but there’s so much sweet pu$$y in the studio tonight!
Sigh
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-a9ca0e25-e631-446f-921a-1f68317859a3.jpg  
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This new (old) lamp makes things look SO nice! Gonna do some head-shots for my folio!
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-fce41784-89ef-492b-a60a-8a4069438da6.jpg  
Old 19th March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenLMorgan ➑️

A few Hendyamps config examples I hope to approximate. (please note that video is made AFTER recording, not during recording and that vocal recording on Rabbit Hole was also prior to video):

https://youtu.be/bnHgJ_1Wi7U

https://youtu.be/yHsOMBdHzUM
Really sweet! I would attribute the sound on the solo take more to some artful application of reverb and delay (I only heard it on my laptop) than the particular mics or their placement. Plus it's also a great sounding instrument.
Old 4th April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
First time I’ve used the talk box for ages......to drain the hot tub! Haha!
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-28405d0a-eb39-4f9e-8f00-300ff6580262.jpg  

Last edited by roger; 4th April 2021 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: Flf
Old 4th April 2021
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I rebuilt a broken V7X (kids) into a phantom powered cardioid small condenser mic with a Primo capsule. Sounds pretty good! This will be my pseudo-studio vocal mic for beach trips and etc, and acoustic guitar sounds good too. Better than an SM57 for these types of sources. Total cost under $30, not including the donor body.

Handling noise is very good, it's very quiet with self noise, and handles a decent SPL although I haven't really pushed that limit yet to test it. Needs EQ in the mix because it's not overly bright to start with, pretty flat frequency response.

And of course I've been writing and recording.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-em204n-p48.jpg  
Old 5th April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

89 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Skype session with young talent in Oregon

Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-skype-session-w-young-talent-oregon.png  
Old 6th April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
I finally finished my DIY U87 clones featuring Heiserman HK87 Capsules and AMI T13 transformers. I did a little testing today but I'm looking forward to really putting them through their paces later this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-img_20210404_220651466.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-img_20210404_213507040.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-img_20210404_213518251.jpg  
Old 6th April 2021
Gear Guru

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Laying tracks the past few days for a nice project... talented gal songwriter/singer in New Zealand.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-9.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-8.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-7.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-6.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-5.jpg  

Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-4.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-3.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-1.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-2.jpg  
Old 6th April 2021
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Beautiful room kennybro

Today I'm continuing my evaluation of Black Lion Audio Revolution 2x2 interface, so far so good
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-bla-revolution.jpg  
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro ➑️
Laying tracks the past few days for a nice project... talented gal songwriter/singer in New Zealand.
Looks good, Kenny. Where've you been storing that 87 shockmount?
Gear Guru

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound ➑️
Looks good, Kenny. Where've you been storing that 87 shockmount?
Haha! yeah... I found that one in a pawn shop for 5 bucks. I had to solder one point, and new rubber. Rusty gold! Roached! Works great! I've got a cleaner one, but this one has mojo
Gear Guru

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx ➑️
Beautiful room kennybro

Today I'm continuing my evaluation of Black Lion Audio Revolution 2x2 interface, so far so good
Thanks man! That Black Lion looks mega cool. Made in Chicago. I like that. Might have to visit the company.
Old 6th April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
@ Arthur Stone who's the artist and what's he playing?
@ kennybro is that your studio? Also who's the artist?
Old 7th April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Guru

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame ➑️
@ kennybro is that your studio? Also who's the artist?
Yeah, that's my home studio. The artist is Tess Liautaud, a wonderfully talented songwriter and singer. I met her in Paris back in 2016, and we've been doing stuff since. Playing gigs when I'm over there, or recording some long distance stuff between here and New Zealand, where she's been living recently.

She just finished tracking ten songs at a studio in NZ, and I'm going to add some guitars and other things here. There's also a violin player back in Paris that might chime in on a few, and a horn player in Ireland. IDK, that'll be her call.

She's one of those singers with a voice and performance delivery that takes you on journeys away from reality. The first night I walked into The Galway Irish Pub and heard her voice, I fell like a rock. The two new compos I have here so far are amazing.
Old 8th April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Old 10th April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

89 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Remote RADAR stems on API Box

Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-remote-radar-stems-api-box.png  
Gear Guru

Testing my new Antelope Galaxy 64 ad/da with Dante.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-img_0065.jpg  
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Some old crap at work....
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-dsc01114.jpg  
Old 13th April 2021
Testing if I can bypass the electrolytic capacitors in this DIY.RE DOA board (answer: yes).

PS: I'm using Mill-Max receptacles for capacitors in the signal path.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-1618351778595.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I set up my Folio Society edition of Tristram Shandy next to my UAD converter. Also, here's my first ever purchase of a Neumann mic! LOVELY!
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-studio-01.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-studio-02.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Out with the old:

In with the new!

I had a Warm Audio WA-2A clone of the classic LA-2A Tube Compressor in my studio desk since early 2017. But I really wanted the real thing. After buying a Universal Audio 1176 Compressor early last year, I thought I really should look at getting a real LA-2A to pair with it. But a few months into the pandemic, the California-based Universal Audio had temporarily stopped producing them, likely due to the state's COVID restrictions. Finally in early April of 2021 they reappeared on the Sweetwater Website, and I grabbed one, along with the Black Lion Audio T4BLA Opto Element.

I'm sympathetic to the reasons, but I am kind of sorry the Website changed its name in the middle of a very slutty purchase.

Last edited by Ed Driscoll; 4 weeks ago at 07:04 AM.. Reason: Forgot the Black Lion Audio T4BLA Opto Element!
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Recorded some test songs, then my first proper idea on this new laptop and new MOTU M4, really impressive rig.

Sounds good and can handle large sessions, using Reaper now for this computer. CPU is a Ryzen 7 4700U which has 8 cores.

The MOTU ended up beating the BLA Revolution for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-laptop-m4.jpg  
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…