The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The (un)official Audioscape thread
Old 8th September 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I see what you did on IG #160
Old 8th September 2022 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Just wanted to jump in to say that I recently picked up a Audioscape 76D. I typically never compress on the way in but wanted to give an 1176 type compressor a shot on vocals. I was pretty blown away by how well it worked. Got me much closer to a final vocal without much work. At times it was getting hit pretty hard yet you can't hear it breathing or pumping. I know that's kind of the deal with the 1176, but I was surprised how much easier this made a vocal mix. I'm sold on it.
Old 9th September 2022 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by McIrish ➡️
Just wanted to jump in to say that I recently picked up a Audioscape 76D. I typically never compress on the way in but wanted to give an 1176 type compressor a shot on vocals. I was pretty blown away by how well it worked. Got me much closer to a final vocal without much work. At times it was getting hit pretty hard yet you can't hear it breathing or pumping. I know that's kind of the deal with the 1176, but I was surprised how much easier this made a vocal mix. I'm sold on it.
Nice! Yes, they work great in that application. I've got a train wrecked Opto on the way. Can't wait to put it into the mix! Literally.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I love the clients’ face when I track with a good compressor. It just takes them to a more finished product and gives my studio a good rep.
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skamm Goodiez ➡️
I see what you did on IG #160
Your eyes are not playing tricks on you!
Company Rep

Quote:
This is great to hear! Welcome to the 76D club! It's a versatile beast! The swiss army knife of the 76 revisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
Nice! Yes, they work great in that application. I've got a train wrecked Opto on the way. Can't wait to put it into the mix! Literally.
The 'Train-wrecked' Series wouldn't exist without you or Lawrence Trainor! Super stoked for you to get the Opto in the studio.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioScape ➡️
This is great to hear! Welcome to the 76D club! It's a versatile beast! The swiss army knife of the 76 revisions.

The 'Train-wrecked' Series wouldn't exist without you or Lawrence Trainor! Super stoked for you to get the Opto in the studio.
Thanks man!! Been wanting to hear the AS take on a 2a for a long time!!!! Cheers, bp

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Maybe I missed it earlier - what’s the $$$ on the 260 gonna come in at?

That’s got me quite excited
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Wow, what a coincidence. I just got a 76D that should be arriving today as well. Can't wait to run it into the V-Comp I have here as well. I was shocked 76 was available as much as it was throughout the week. That puts me a four in total so far. 2 Vs, one D-Comp and now this.
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJamesGoody ➡️
Maybe I missed it earlier - what’s the $$$ on the 260 gonna come in at?

That’s got me quite excited
The price is still being finalized, but it's going to be around the price of our D-Comp.

-Trevor
Lives for gear

Gutsy move to do a 160. I would wager not too many folks out there have actually used one of the OG's. In my humble opinion, the 160 OG and even it's more modern brothers and sisters are all dope, even the 500 series. If you guys nailed this one, that's very exciting. There are certain compressors that you use and you go, oh yeah, I remember that sound. For me this is one of them.

Last edited by engmix; 9th September 2022 at 08:15 PM..
Old 10th September 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Just recently realized the guy who is doing the relic-ing is based out here in Phoenix…although can’t find much on social media about him.
Old 12th September 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by engmix ➡️
Gutsy move to do a 160. I would wager not too many folks out there have actually used one of the OG's. In my humble opinion, the 160 OG and even it's more modern brothers and sisters are all dope, even the 500 series. If you guys nailed this one, that's very exciting. There are certain compressors that you use and you go, oh yeah, I remember that sound. For me this is one of them.
The best comments on a true OG 160 replica include:

Smack-down!
and
Slap Chop!

VCA comps tend to splat anyhow . . . but there's something magical about the 160 on a snare or more so on a kick.

Personally, I don't think anything beats a FET like a 76F on snare. But we are a bunch that includes magicians who make amazing sounds with all options!
Old 15th September 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Missed the sale?

If you somehow missed the sale last night, there are a few things left available. In particular, a couple of 76D s and the Classic DI... which are both killers!

This was our BIGGEST SALE EVER! It was the end of summer . . . and here are some of the sales:

$250 off the XL-305R
$50 off the Buss Comp
$50 off the Classic Di

Basically this is a chance for everyone to save a little bit of money. No, the 76s aren't on sale, but they're already super inexpensive.

www.audio-scape.com
Old 5th October 2022
Company Rep

Hey everyone! Wanted to give everyone an update that may not know. We got hit by Hurricane Ian last week and let’s just say it was bad. No amount of preparation could have prepared us for this storm. Between the north winds and the amount of rain, it was catastrophic. We’re all dealing with personal loss and the company as well has had some heavy loss. Some of the crew lost their homes and cars. Some needed to be rescued by boat. It’s all scary but we all survived. We’ll be announcing a fundraiser of sorts soon to help the crew. We’re operating at about half right now. Sales may be a little light for a moment, but we’re not letting a hurricane take us down. It’s just part of our story now.

I don’t know if this kind of update is even allowed in here, but I’m just trying to get the word out to all. Thank you for the support!

-Trevor
Old 5th October 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Hey everyone! Wanted to give everyone an update that may not know. We got hit by Hurricane Ian last week and let’s just say it was bad. No amount of preparation could have prepared us for this storm. Between the north winds and the amount of rain, it was catastrophic. We’re all dealing with personal loss and the company as well has had some heavy loss. Some of the crew lost their homes and cars. Some needed to be rescued by boat. It’s all scary but we all survived. We’ll be announcing a fundraiser of sorts soon to help the crew. We’re operating at about half right now. Sales may be a little light for a moment, but we’re not letting a hurricane take us down. It’s just part of our story now.

I don’t know if this kind of update is even allowed in here, but I’m just trying to get the word out to all. Thank you for the support!

-Trevor
Beautifully said, Trev! The support here is absolutely outstanding. Such an honorable bunch of people!
Old 12th October 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I was working on a review of the 76D when Ian hit...needless to say this one took on a whole new meaning. I hope you guys enjoy this review, but more importantly I hope it helps spread the word about raising some funds to help our friends at AudioScape recover from all this!

Old 17th October 2022 | Show parent
Company Rep

Hey everyone! The crew is still working hard on new units and cleaning up the aftermath, but just wanted to let everyone know Chris, Ian, Ward, and myself will be at AES in NYC on Wednesday and Thursday! We’ll be at booth 245, so come through and say hi!

-Trevor
Old 20th October 2022
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I'm assuming the DA-3A is just a (highly welcome) redesign of the D3A's faceplate, or does it have any other improvements?
Old 21st October 2022 | Show parent
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougD ➡️
I'm assuming the DA-3A is just a (highly welcome) redesign of the D3A's faceplate, or does it have any other improvements?
Sonically it’s the same as the D3A, but it’s dressed in the classic look everyone knows and loves.
Old 23rd October 2022
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
AES NY 2022 was absolutely AMAZING! The energy was just INSANE. It was off the charts. Great people and great parties. Most importantly, great gear and vibes.

An outstanding return to in-person real-life interaction in the business of the gear that operates in our world.

We @ AudioScape bought out the production model of the Dual 260VU at AES! It was a Smash Chop hit!

Even Vance may get over his reluctance and try one out at his place. It certainly goes a long way to end my revulsion towards the old 160VU. And it can operate for more than hour, and won't overheat or burn the power button off. Ok, I have to stop shilling.

AND WE GOT ON PLAP! What a gas! Loved it. In person, Warren is warm and personal, inviting and professional and was a pleasure to interview with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYm3C9-LGCQ&t=637s
Chris is on at 10 minutes, yours truly joins in at 22 minutes.

Oh, there's so much more coming! And thanks to everyone who has been contributing to the staff rebuild fund (after Hurricane Ian). It is deeply appreciated.

Last edited by Ward Pike; 23rd October 2022 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: Two typos
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Anybody gotten their hands on one of the 260VUs yet?
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDotWon ➡️
Anybody gotten their hands on one of the 260VUs yet?
Yes, there was a pre-release of 20 units today and I was able to get one. Can’t wait to try it out!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Congrats on the 260VU release! I plan on getting mine next year.
Respect to the AS staff for overcoming the hurricane disaster.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I just realized in all the craziness I never posted :

I got a trainwrecked Opto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This baby is killer. I like it better than my big bux custom built, no expenses spared stereo LA2a. Well done AS!!!!!

And as expected, the customization Larry did on the patina'd knobs, meter and panels is....well....F'ing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now...I need to buy another. LOL
Lives for gear

I've been watching this thread with great interest.

I will definitely be getting a buss comp very soon, and maybe one of those 260VUs. I'm so excited. Glad there are companies like this around.

I even go on the site on Wednesdays and Sundays just to watch all the stock fly.
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoe ➡️
Congrats on the 260VU release! I plan on getting mine next year.
Respect to the AS staff for overcoming the hurricane disaster.
Still have a lot of recovering to do, and now we have another hurricane coming. Oof. Prepping yet again. We'll get through this!

-Trevor
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
I just realized in all the craziness I never posted :

I got a trainwrecked Opto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This baby is killer. I like it better than my big bux custom built, no expenses spared stereo LA2a. Well done AS!!!!!

And as expected, the customization Larry did on the patina'd knobs, meter and panels is....well....F'ing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now...I need to buy another. LOL
So happy you're loving it so much! Thank you again for trusting us to bring this vision to life!

-Trevor
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruner ➡️
I've been watching this thread with great interest.

I will definitely be getting a buss comp very soon, and maybe one of those 260VUs. I'm so excited. Glad there are companies like this around.

I even go on the site on Wednesdays and Sundays just to watch all the stock fly.
You need to get in on the fun! Also make sure you're on there on Saturdays. Not Sundays. Haha

Unless you sign up for our mailing list and get an exclusive Sunday sale...

-Trevor
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
So happy you're loving it so much! Thank you again for trusting us to bring this vision to life!

-Trevor
Oh you bet Trevor!! Hope this hurricane turns tail and heads back out into the Atlantic!!!!
📝 Reply