Originally Posted by pcbiz ➡️
Video? Do tell!
This:
https://youtu.be/uyQZjP5orns
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanktron ➡️
When are they going to release the Audioscape Complete subscription bundle???? $500/month ????
😂😂😂😂😜😜😜

This is one of THE most HILARIOUS comment's on this thread, mwhahaha. I'm fkn rolling over here!!!

SO YES!! Many, many, MANY folks saw the easter-eggs we put into the video and I've seen the screencap of the ALL ANALOG, EQUAL-TEMPERMENT AS REVERB more than ANYTHING, hahahaha.

This is the unit I've spoken about in other threads!!

And YES! That is the V1290 you're seeing below it - the 1073 killer of all killers ;-)

Look through our post history to see a better photo of the V1290 - I know I posted one in a thread here somewhere

@ danieldjohnson - awwww man!! THANK YOU for the kind words, but, I'm SORRY it's been so difficult for you!! Are you getting onto the site a bit before 8PM EST, logging in and doing what the pro's do?

7:59:57 - REFRESH
8:00:00 - PURCAHSE

Demand is INSANE (I'm SURE I don't have to tell y'all this by now!!) and we're working our butts off each and every day to get more and more units into the hands our of AS FAM (past, present and future!!!).

MUCH LOVE to ALL OF YOU!!!

To all who HAVE NOT seen the video everyone's talking about - it's a short glimpse into us down here at AS HQ, doing our thing. Shot it in a day with a super talented film-maker / videographer who did a STUNNING job!

Hope y'all enjoy!!!!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziegenh5 ➡️
With the 'Trinity' out of the way.....maybe a true stereo 1178 is on deck?? The 1178 is the best thing ever on drums IMO, but nearly impossible to match side to side. Been dreaming of one with ganged controls for stereo operation. Just a thought...
Have to love music!!! I had 1178 on drums and it was great then got the D-Comp and was like where have you been all my life....sold the 1178.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
Do I spy with my myopic eyes... Two AudioScape EQP-As??? Looks like Marc Daniel Nelson has caught the highly contagious AS-19... Auditory symptoms include thunderous bass, sweet high-end shimmer, and perceiving everything to "sound better." None yet who have contracted AS-19 are willing to undergo treatment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN6JaUO_nrs
Attached Thumbnails
The (un)official Audioscape thread-screen-shot-2021-04-25-12.31.22-pm.jpg  
Gear Addict

Quote:
Do I spy with my myopic eyes... Two AudioScape EQP-As??? Looks like Marc Daniel Nelson has caught the highly contagious AS-19... Auditory symptoms include thunderous bass, sweet high-end shimmer, and perceiving everything to "sound better." None yet who have contracted AS-19 are willing to undergo treatment.

Hahaha, this is AWESOME!!!

Marc is a GREAT dude - loved his work for a LONG time...!

And yes, he's actually an AS OG!! He was one of the first artists on our "ARTISTS" page - he bought and uses a pair of BUSS COMPs if I'm not mistaken!

The EQP's he'll be doing a special video on - coming VERY soon!
Quote:

As an aside - if anyone has not checked out his interview on the Somewhere Sound podcast, do it. Simply brilliant and refreshing.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodstar57 ➡️
Have to love music!!! I had 1178 on drums and it was great then got the D-Comp and was like where have you been all my life....sold the 1178.
I'm so glad to hear someone else say that! And there's a magic in using one side, or ganging two sides together on a vocal. It doesn't work even 1/2 the time, but when it does... it really does!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-are ➡️
Damn.. I need a D comp then another V comp.
The V comp is the sh*t!!
In your opinion which is best on vocals?
I know depends etc..
I used to have the tube tech cl1b..
love all those tubes!
So maybe I should say which of the audioscape comps comes closest?
Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Once they have V-comp with mix knob I’m in!!! Right now the tube core is rocking!!!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Once they have V-comp with mix knob I’m in!!! Right now the tube core is rocking!!!
A mix knob would be cool but I WOULD NOT WAIT ON THAT. I love love my V comp as is.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURTHTUNZ ➡️
I know depends etc..
love all those tubes!
Thanks!
I don’t have the D Comp yet but the V comp is the truth on vocals. Last vocal recording the distressor, AS Opto, kush Tweaker, & hairball and Stam(blue stripe) 1176’s all worked well but the V comp...just pushed away from the pack. I would try to grab one. PM me if you decide it’s not for you. I know someone who will gladly take it.
Gear Head
Quote:
Depending on your workflow and "analogness" you might be able to use your DAW for the mix knob??

I know in Logic the I/O plugin has a mix knob for inserts that I use from time to time

I mean... ya ya ya you should wait (*checks Audioscape website repeatedly to see if there are any v-comps available*)
Lives for gear

Quote:
I know depends etc..
love all those tubes!
Thanks!
Vcomp into a rev F for me is winner here!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I don’t have the D Comp yet but the V comp is the truth on vocals. Last vocal recording the distressor, AS Opto, kush Tweaker, & hairball and Stam(blue stripe) 1176’s all worked well but the V comp...just pushed away from the pack. I would try to grab one. PM me if you decide it’s not for you. I know someone who will gladly take it.
Damn I was worried that was what you might say!
I can't seem to catch it when its in stock!
Ok, now I have to have one!
Thank you!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_ ➡️
Oh nooo!
More toys!!
IS that an actual rev f or one of the audioscape variants?
Thanks!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Depending on your workflow and "analogness" you might be able to use your DAW for the mix knob??

I know in Logic the I/O plugin has a mix knob for inserts that I use from time to time

I mean... ya ya ya you should wait (*checks Audioscape website repeatedly to see if there are any v-comps available*)
This does not work for my workflow. The mix knob on the tubecore is a saver.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Nice, how was it the other way around?
Me: Rev A into tubecore.
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
That would be a winner for ANYONE!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Damn I was worried that was what you might say!
I can't seem to catch it when its in stock!
Ok, now I have to have one!
Thank you!
Pssssssss.....
As of right now, there is a V Comp available on their site....
Hurry...hurry
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Pssssssss.....
As of right now, there is a V Comp available on their site....
Hurry...hurry
Ha thanks! Didn't see this, was with the girlfriend!
One of these Saturdays or Wednesday I'll have to
make sure I'm online at the right time!
Gear Addict

Quote:
Ha thanks! Didn't see this, was with the girlfriend!
One of these Saturdays or Wednesday I'll have to
make sure I'm online at the right time!
You'll never regret it 😍🙏❤

Thank you SO MUCH for all the love, y'all!! Sorry for being a bit absent! I still check GS every day but many times as I'm going to reply to a post - I get distracted and then the next day comes around, same thing happens and boom. Here we are.

You know we love you!!

Congrats to ALL THOSE who scored a 76D or a 76A earlier today @ 5PM!!

Here for the gear
Just got my 6th AS peice today and i couldn’t be happier.. got lucky and scored the 1176D, to go along with my dual EQP1, La2a, 1176A & Dcomp

Thanks AS team
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Has anyone A/Bd D-Comp with a Chandler Zener? We have a Zener. Just wondering if they’re the same thing or if there’s a difference. And yes what it does to drums should be illegal.

Also have a 76F, just purchased an A and I’m pretty sure I’ll wind up with a couple of Ds. Also have a V and thinking of one more. We have racks of vintage gear and Audioscape hangs there comfortably (e.g. Urei 1176 rev E). Currently selling some gear to make space for more AS. Everyone talks about the sound, which of course is most important, but Audioscape's QC and attention to detail is mind blowing. Love and admire these guys.

Last edited by raal; 1 week ago at 09:38 PM..
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by raal ➡️
Has anyone A/Bd D-Comp with a Chandler Zener?
Never directly AB, but I’ve always been a fan of the zener and used it at a lot of studios, I got the d comp as a less expensive (and less rackspace!) alternative... no complaints, very similar. Maybe I would say the d comp is a little more transparent. I use it with my TG pres and my curve bender to have something like two full TG channel strips
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by raal ➡️
Has anyone A/Bd D-Comp with a Chandler Zener? We have a Zener. Just wondering if they’re the same thing or if there’s a difference. And yes what it does to drums should be illegal.

Also have a 76F, just purchased an A and I’m pretty sure I’ll wind up with a couple of Ds. Also have a V and thinking of one more. We have racks of vintage gear and Audioscape hangs there comfortably (e.g. Urei 1176 rev E). Currently selling some gear to make space for more AS. Everyone talks about the sound, which of course is most important, but Audioscape's QC and attention to detail is mind blowing. Love and admire these guys.
Thnks for the great words, @ raal . I can promise you that the team is working on more comparative videos and 'we' will surely get some new things up on the website in time.

Please note: Charlie is out taking care of some other business at the moment, so you can get help from myself or @ drBill as we are advisory board members to the company.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Pike ➡️
Thnks for the great words, @ raal . I can promise you that the team is working on more comparative videos and 'we' will surely get some new things up on the website in time.

Please note: Charlie is out taking care of some other business at the moment, so you can get help from myself or @ drBill as we are advisory board members to the company.
Thank you Ward. Every word I said is true. Hat is off to AS. Take good care.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Transparency is key in a modern age when information can be easily miscontrued and used is various manners.

I too have noted Ward's evangelical stance on AS, which is cool, as I'm all about gear too.. dont get me wrong, but lets just get it out in the open that he is a 'board' member of the said company.

Correct me if i am wrong here but this is the first mention of that important fact.

Wiggy
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut ➡️
I too have noted Ward's evangelical stance on AS, which is cool, as I'm all about gear too.. dont get me wrong, but lets just get it out in the open that he is a 'board' member of the said company.
He said "advisory board member", which has a bit of a different connotation.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumskilz ➡️
He said "advisory board member", which has a bit of a different connotation.
Perhaps.. the more appropriate thing to disclose is he had input to products development and 'may' have an interest.

The real issue is the fact that none of that had been disclosed until this point, regardless of role title.

I'll leave it there as at the end of the day it doesn't materially affect me. I still hope to buy some AS product when they sort out the Vcomp for non 120V and employ a less lottery based system of distribution which whilst is better than Stam, still annoys me. Take my cash tell me when its coming and I'm down with that. Especially for the 670 or 33609 that might be coming in the future.

I love to hear about users opinions, even if they are part of the development crew as they often are the best as they know units the best and all the nuances that ultimately i really give a toss about. But if that's case i just ask that folks are upfront about it thats all.

Back to regular programming.. and wtf is that fairchild coming?

Wiggy
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo3 ➡️
Also, there are actual dedicated forums here for new release announcements. No need to sneak product announcements into one of the higher traffic forums by constantly tagging onto the “skamm goodiez” (lol, ironic) thread. I mean, maybe that is part of the intent though, certainly wouldn’t be surprised at this point.
I'm in no way shape or form associated with Audioscape. I'm just a simple client. And I got the name from my bootleg CD days a lifetime ago when I used to sell those. (wordplay on Sam Goody)
📝 Reply