Quantcast
Seeking suggestions for affordable 2 track compressor - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Seeking suggestions for affordable 2 track compressor
Old 23rd January 2019
Seeking suggestions for affordable 2 track compressor

So the compressor on my Yamaha AW16G is crapping out. It's gotten significantly worse as of late. It used to give me a hard time after a few hours of working.. then the volume spikes would occur.. or it would get so quiet it was as if it wasn't working whatsoever. (I purchased it nearly 10 years ago used) This ultimately prevented me from bouncing more than 2 tracks to my tascam unit at a time; as the problem would be more noticeable the more tracks I attempted to compress at once on the way out.

Now, I'm working on a cover of 'If I needed someone' by the Beatles, for a good friend who is a licensed music therapist and music theory instructor. It's only vocals and guitar. The vocals are all but finished and after a long session of editing and arranging the guitars.. I was ready and committed to bouncing them over and begin mixing.. That is.. until the compressor on the Yamaha started acting up worse than ever before.. I've given it a couple days.. trying to get it to work long enough to bounce down 6 minutes worth of audio.. however it seems as though it's hopeless.

I'm still awaiting the second check from a settlement.. and I was waiting until then to pick up an LA-2A. Unfortunately, I can't justify spending $800 on a compressor until that check comes. I was also considering getting a WA-2A.. but that's not on my list of gear I know that I want.

Has anyone seen any steals online that they could direct me to?

I'm looking to spend under $300 for something notoriously reliable (used) that might also add some warmth to my tracks.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated and well received.

Thanks guys
Old 23rd January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
At that price point.... RNC, ART PRO VLA II, dbx 166
Old 24th January 2019 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood ➡️
At that price point.... RNC, ART PRO VLA II, dbx 166
Thanks so much.

I researched up on the options you suggested, and found a DBX 166 for under $150 in mint condition. Should prove useful for what I need it for and then some. Great suggestions, again thank you!

The Pro VLA is.. admittedly, really nice too!
I'd just much rather save that extra $200 to put towards the LA-2A
📝 Reply