Chandler Curve Bender on Mix Bus - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Chandler Curve Bender on Mix Bus
Old 15th January 2019
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Chandler Curve Bender on Mix Bus

Hi guys

Lately i've been tinkering with the idea of go for the Chandler Curve Bender for mix bus EQ duties. I usually use a Retro 2A3, which is amazing but recently i compared it side by side to the CB and i had the impression that everything sounded faster and punchier, the difference between solid state and tubes i guess... Besides the more versatile EQ bands etc...

I have a couple of doubts about the Curve Bender, the first one is regarding headroom, and how much input the unit can get without sound too stressed. What would be the sweet spot in terms of input level? I had the impression that too much input was not very well received by the CB but it was a quick test and i could be mistaken. I need a EQ with a lot of headroom since after processing my chain with Thermionic Phoenix and a Dramastic Audio Obsidian things are getting loud inevitably.

The other doubt is regarding how much colour it have and how fast it can be. I mix rock and pop 80% of the time and i think the CB will sound amazing in that context but i often mix electronic music too, and i'm wondering if there are better options out there for that kind of genre with dense production. Is the Chandler clear and punchy enough for that kind of task?

Thanks in advance
Old 16th January 2019
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Anyone?
Old 16th January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I have a Curve Bender and use it on mix bus frequently. On loud mixes.

No issues here. I love it.

I usually use it in conjunction with the MAAG.
Old 16th January 2019
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Thanks!
Old 16th January 2019
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
CB on the mix bus user here: I use it on every mix (mostly Country/Pop/Rock), and I absolutely love it... I also mix with it on with settings that I know I like from the beginning. (Nothing crazy, just enough!)
Old 16th January 2019
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I've only used the UAD plugin version, but I absolutely loved it. One of the best master bus EQ I have tried. Very curious about the hardware, but I simply can't afford it.
πŸ“ Reply