The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Coming Soon - Audioscape D-Comp Stereo Limiter
Old 29th November 2018
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Coming Soon - Audioscape D-Comp Stereo Limiter

Soooo...I've JUST heard about Audioscape products today! I somehow stumbled upon the 1176-KT (which doesn't seem to have much praise here) which led me to finding out about their KT-2A...which I think I might want to pick up...but then i went to their website and saw this:

D-Comp Stereo Limiter — AudioScape

I am assuming it is based on something from EMI...perhaps the TG12413 (Zener Limiter I guess it's going by as well these days)?!?!

What do you guys think it is? Can't be the Tg-1...

Also has anyone even heard of it before? "Coming soon"...What the hell..why do these guys not have better marketing/social media presence?! They are clearly making some pretty sweet/accurate looking clones! Not sure how they hold up quality/sound wise but still. Guys like me would be pissed if they shelled out higher $$ on something from Warm or Chandler, thinking that's the best price they will get for a decent sound quality re-make on a classic piece, only to find out Audioscape exists and they have more options that are potentially..."better"? Who knows!

Last edited by RecordRecord; 29th November 2018 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: So nosey...do you really NEED to know? NO! You don't...move along.
Old 1st December 2018
Audioscape is pretty highly regarded around here. This is based of the TG, and yes, I wish more info on when it was actually dropping was available. I think a lot of these smaller designers add placeholder info to their sites, not knowing how much salivation it will procure. Or maybe they do?
Old 1st December 2018
Gear Head
Love Audio-Scape! They're coming out with their own Sta-level and EQP. Very exciting!
Old 2nd December 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeah I have a couple Audio Scape’s gear. Great guy!! Tried to get the D Comp/Lim but he’s got a waiting list. Gonna definitely get that.

Last edited by e-are; 2nd December 2018 at 09:35 PM..
Old 2nd December 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I think the fact that Audio-scape is basically a one-man operation is the main reason behind the lack of marketing. One guy can only accomplish so much. I have his SSL-style bus compressor and it's great.
Old 3rd December 2018
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I know, I'm dying for more info on this one, too. And he's coming out with a Sta-Level clone...??? Any link or info on that? Sheesh!
Old 7th March 2019
bump. I think a few of these went out... feedback?
Old 8th March 2019
Here for the gear
I scored one ! I love it so far used it on drum bus in a mix. It’s vibey which I love!! seems like it can get get really colorful!! Took me about 2 seconds to dial it in and it just stayed that way . No brainer!
Old 8th March 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0UNG M00N ➡️
I scored one ! I love it so far used it on drum bus in a mix. It’s vibey which I love!! seems like it can get get really colorful!! Took me about 2 seconds to dial it in and it just stayed that way . No brainer!
That’s what I want to hear. Can’t wait to snag one. Let’s go Chris. I need this in my life bro
Old 8th March 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have had one of the SSL clones since before there was a website for the stuff, or anyone seemed to be on the record about it...was blown away. I really like the way he approaches his builds.

He was close enough to where I live, and pics of the build looked correct, and his communication after some questioning was solid and without BS....so I thought the chance would be worth it and I am glad I did.

Has been working solid, absolutely no problems. Any friends and acquaintances who have picked up stuff from audioscape after I talked up the SSL clone have all had similarly positive things to say.
Old 8th March 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Same here. I have his opto comp and love it.
Old 8th March 2019
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
I have the A-S GSSL comp. Chris was great to deal with. Sounds great. Built well. Looking forward to the Sta and this comp as well. Chris's only problem is that he's only one man. But I'd much rather wait with $$ in my pocket than pay out and wait for months or years....

Come one Chris!!!
Old 8th March 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
But I'd much rather wait with $$ in my pocket than pay out and wait for months or years....
100%!! Just ordered the A-S Buss Compressor yesterday. It’ll be the third unit I’ve bought from him. Awesome stuff.

Last edited by batlanyard; 8th March 2019 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: Used audio-scape's model description
Old 12th March 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Trying to buy and it’s not working, says unavailable. I logged in at exactly 8pm est.
Old 12th March 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by skythemusic ➡️
Trying to buy and it’s not working, says unavailable. I logged in at exactly 8pm est.
Same here. Been trying since 8:03..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-are ➡️
I give up. I added to my cart twice but it said “unavailable “ when I clicked purchase. I don’t get it. I literally added it at 8:00:00.

How could anyone beat me to the punch if I added it the first second it was available? It let me add it to the cart twice (which it won’t do now) but not purchase.

Super frustrating and decidedly NOT the way to launch a product. Now we’ll have to wait and pay more. I’d like the vcomp too, but not if the website doesn’t work. This sucks.
Old 12th March 2019
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Same here.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-are ➡️

You were late... I got it in my cart at 8:00:01, but by the time I hit "continue", it was sold out....
Quote:
Originally Posted by skythemusic ➡️
Now we’ll have to wait and pay more.
This was mentioned in his last email:

To make things even sweeter, once we have the D-Comp's built up and integrated into regular stock, we will be extending this INTRODUCTORY price of $1,099 for a period of ONE WEEK!
We will notify everyone via e-mail when this goes into effect!

So, there will still be opportunity for the into pricing...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by szyam ➡️
This was mentioned in his last email:

To make things even sweeter, once we have the D-Comp's built up and integrated into regular stock, we will be extending this INTRODUCTORY price of $1,099 for a period of ONE WEEK!
We will notify everyone via e-mail when this goes into effect!

So, there will still be opportunity for the into pricing...
Sweet! Great news. Now to save up for the vcomp too.
Old 12th March 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
You got probably 200+ people trying for one of these things at 8pm sharp. He's got 1500+ followers on Instagram, 500 or so on FB, plus RGO and GS plus a comp where the only alternative is $4k from Chandler. Realistically your looking at probably less then a 5% chance of being in the top 5.

I'm good waiting till the first week of sales or longer if need be. At least he's not sitting on my cash, telling me somethings gonna ship next week (week after week after week.)
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by swafford ➡️
You got probably 200+ people trying for one of these things at 8pm sharp. He's got 1500+ followers on Instagram, 500 or so on FB, plus RGO and GS plus a comp where the only alternative is $4k from Chandler. Realistically your looking at probably less then a 5% chance of being in the top 5.

I'm good waiting till the first week of sales or longer if need be. At least he's not sitting on my cash, telling me somethings gonna ship next week (week after week after week.)
Instead you gotta play the click lottery. I would much rather have money down on these knowing it will take a while to get - rather than hope to get lucky and win some contest or something.
Old 12th March 2019
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I was able to get a D Comp when the first batch was released simply by going through the website at 8 pm and going through the order process as quickly as possible. Maybe I was just lucky? I personally have no issue with this system. That a product of this caliber is being offered at this price is incredible. Had I not gotten one the first time, I would just keep trying. Does the $100 introductory discount really make that much of a difference to y’all? I would have gladly paid 3x the amount for this compressor...
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
But I'd much rather wait with $$ in my pocket than pay out and wait for months or years...
Ya think? The folks who shell out in advance for Maybe-Ware have a faith in human nature that I frankly don't. Or maybe their Spidey Sense is tuned to a different frequency than mine. At any rate, I truly hope their faith is rewarded.
Old 12th March 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
For shiiits and giggles I just checked the site and Chris is sold out of everything.
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The first thing I asked abiut after I got the ssl comp was the possibility of a 176.

The V Comp isn’t quite that, but close enough to get my motor revving...
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
[QUOTEYa think? The folks who shell out in advance for Maybe-Ware have a faith in human nature that I frankly don't. Or maybe their Spidey Sense is tuned to a different frequency than mine. At any rate, I truly hope their faith is rewarded.][/QUOTE]

Have to agree with you on this one Brent.

I am sure Chris is a stand up guy but not sure I like this business model .

Yeah yeah !!! I know its better than Joshua Stams but a lottery on a comp is not a good idea.

Isnt is time then Chris to get out of this one man operation and move production on to something slightly bigger.

I know its all about overheads and getting parts in bulk but its going to get to the point where emails are going to need to be answered in good time and products shipped in good faith.

The wheels may fall off sooner or later and boutique products either turn up late, defective or quality control goes out the window.

Has Warm Audio gotten better or worse since he upped production and now has a big product reportoire.

This is not a personal attack on audio scape as I intend to get one or two of their products in near future.

If everything is out of stock that means demand has outstripped supply.

Cheers
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Jesse Mangum,

The Glow Recording Studio

I cant PM you but I would like to say that I watched your video and it was a heart felt experience.

I like your story , your studio build and your philosophy.

Wish you well and I think your future is in safe hands.

Cheers
Old 13th March 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack ➡️
I am sure Chris is a stand up guy but not sure I like this business model .

Yeah yeah !!! I know its better than Joshua Stams but a lottery on a comp is not a good idea.
If he wants to make 5 compressors and throw a "lottery", his choice! He needs to mass produce? Why?

He makes units and puts them up for sale. When the units he's already made are sold, you can't add that unit to the cart. Pretty straight forward.

Saying that's better than something like the ridiculousness of Stam Audio is unfair to Audio-Scape.

Audio-Scape may be at the infancy as CAPI, Burl, Overstayer or any other boutique make of awesomeness once was. How big or Warm-like they are is market factors and their choice, IMHO.

Last edited by batlanyard; 13th March 2019 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: Clarifying the difference between A-S and the other shops I compared it with
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Yeah, I much prefer his approach to the companies that take your money up front and then repeatedly miss delivery dates. At least with AudioScape if you order something you know it’s ready to ship.
📝 Reply