The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Coming Soon - Audioscape D-Comp Stereo Limiter
Old 28th January 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Pulled the trigger on tonights dump of D-Comps! I'm stoked cause I almost bought one on reverb a few days ago at the as-new price, but figured I could probably get one direct.
Old 28th January 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Good on you... smart purchase!!! I hesitated for a while as people advised me that it had almost too much character... I’ve found that observation not applicable to my experience with the unit. Mild to wild equally well..
Old 29th January 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Too much character sounds perfect. I want to smash the heck out of some drums with it
Old 30th January 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount Stupid ➡️
Too much character sounds perfect. I want to smash the heck out of some drums with it
then you, my friend, made an absolutely AWESOME choice!! Thank you for waiting on us to have them in stock - it usually doesn't take more than a couple weeks, MAX, depending upon what unit you're looking for.

The 76A is the unit that continually sell out within seconds - no matter how many we have built up. It's crazy!!! And they take the longest to build and get 'behaving properly'. Hahaha

Thanks so much man!!!! ;-)

#**** !!!!
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Nice, coincidentally the 1176A might be next on my list
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
CONGRATS!!

Mine just sits on room mics almost constantly, but then I have a LOT of compressors and can afford to do this. It's just amazing at room tone capture enhancement for drums and choir and anything else requiring distant mic'ing . . .

This machine has magic juju power. It can bring the room closer or father away with driving it more or less! SMASHING! in every sense of the word.

#****
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Nice, coincidentally the 1176A might be next on my list
A decision nobody has ever regretted . . . I have a friend who sold his and bought a Bluey. He has regrets.

But you won't!!

#****
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Pike ➡️
CONGRATS!!

Mine just sits on room mics almost constantly, but then I have a LOT of compressors and can afford to do this. It's just amazing at room tone capture enhancement for drums and choir and anything else requiring distant mic'ing . . .

This machine has magic juju power. It can bring the room closer or father away with driving it more or less! SMASHING! in every sense of the word.

#****
My plans for the Dcomp, whenever I can get it, is to put it on 2 channels of my Sigma and send different tracks to it, smashed, of course. Thinking about sending them an xtra $100 to just put it in my cart when one becomes ready..
shhhh
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-are ➡️
My plans for the Dcomp, whenever I can get it, is to put it on 2 channels of my Sigma and send different tracks to it, smashed, of course. Thinking about sending them an xtra $100 to just put it in my cart when one becomes ready..
shhhh
How soon do you need it?

I might know a guy.

#****
Old 31st January 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
shhhh
I GOT YOU! DM me your account deets for our site and you won't know what hit ya! 😂😜😎

BTW, (wink wink) D-COMPs are going up for sale in ~5 minutes
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioScape ➡️
I GOT YOU! DM me your account deets for our site and you won't know what hit ya! 😂😜😎

BTW, (wink wink) D-COMPs are going up for sale in ~5 minutes
Just seeing your post so OF COURSE I missed it

I PM’d you my info though.

Take my $ AS.....
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
How soon do you need it?

I might know a guy.

#****
I’m ready now Ward. If they are indeed gone at AS. Waiting to hear back.
Thanks...
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
I’m ready now Ward. If they are indeed gone at AS. Waiting to hear back.
Thanks...
Charlie at @ AudioScape . . . see? Man right on the job! We got your back.

You shall be D-Comping soon!! :D
Gear Addict

Quote:
Charlie at @ AudioScape . . . see? Man right on the job! We got your back.

You shall be D-Comping soon!! :D
You rock Ward!!

@ e-are - shoot me an e-mail and we shall get you fixed up!

[email protected]
Old 5th February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
New D-Comp Order

Just ordered my first Audioscape product.....the D-Comp!
I have the RND 2 MPB. How different is the limiting action of the D-Comp versus that? Was trying to decide which should be the final limiter in my chain.
Old 5th February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sance21 ➡️
Just ordered my first Audioscape product.....the D-Comp!
I have the RND 2 MPB. How different is the limiting action of the D-Comp versus that? Was trying to decide which should be the final limiter in my chain.
VERY different. I'd wager the RND may be better as the final limiter, where-as the D-COMP would be the PERFECT choice for more of a character limiter/compressor somewhere upstream in the chain.

But as always, experiment! I could 100% wrong - too many variables to say with absolute authority. ;-)

Thanks so much for your support!! Welcome to the AS FAM!!! 🙏😘❤
Old 21st February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just snagged one of these!!! Luckily I was one of the o es to get one!!! At 8pm sharp I bought it!!!
Old 21st February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthalion ➡️
Just snagged one of these!!! Luckily I was one of the o es to get one!!! At 8pm sharp I bought it!!!
WOOOOO!!! Congrats my man and THANK YOU so much for your support!! You're going to absolutely ADOREEEE it!

If you have any questions about it's usage, feel free to shoot me an e-mail ANY time!

[email protected] (dot com)

Old 26th February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Do you guys notice a huge drop of gain when using the D-comp?
Old 27th February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Not at all.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just getting to know this compressor and since it’s got no threshold knob, it’s very grabby. I have to bring down the input Quite a bit, and this is the gain loss. How do you get around this since the output can be a little noisy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
Not at all.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Just getting to know this compressor and since it’s got no threshold knob, it’s very grabby. I have to bring down the input Quite a bit, and this is the gain loss. How do you get around this since the output can be a little noisy?
I've got my input set at 3:00 and my output set at 9:00 - ish. But I'm using it for grabby stuff. (drums / percussion mostly). No noise issues here.
Old 28th February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Not a problem for me, the output knob can effectively compensate for any chopping of input level, like other diode and FET comps.

Quote:
That's part of the charm/sound/utility of a diode comp. The grabbiness makes it very useful with room mics and overly dynamic stems or 2buss.

But as always, YMMV.

#****
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
WOOOOO!!! Congrats my man and THANK YOU so much for your support!! You're going to absolutely ADOREEEE it!

If you have any questions about it's usage, feel free to shoot me an e-mail ANY time!

[email protected] (dot com)

Hi Charlie, I love this comp!

Would it be possible for me to mod all the pots that are not switches to being switches? I am not scared of loosing some fine-tune settings between the detents.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythm'BackStudio ➡️
Hi Charlie, I love this comp!

Would it be possible for me to mod all the pots that are not switches to being switches? I am not scared of loosing some fine-tune settings between the detents.
Thank you so much for the kind words man!!! 😍🙏❤ Means the world to us!

Unfortunately, tunring all of the variable pots into stepped switches is NOT possible as the whole control set of the D-COMP lives on a PCB that is designed for a mixture of switches and regular pots.

In order to turn everything into stepped switches - a redesign of the PCB's would be necessary and that alone is not the easiest task.

SO, TL;DR - no, this is not possible at the moment!

One day, we may offer a 'STEPPED', mastering version of the D-COMP if there is enough demand! I used to get this question a LOT about a year ago, but since then, this is the first time I can recall it being asked in quite a while!

Anyhow - THANK YOU KINDLY for the LOVE! We're glad you love your D-COMP as much as we are proud of it!!
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Thank you so much for the kind words man!!! 😍🙏❤ Means the world to us!

Unfortunately, tunring all of the variable pots into stepped switches is NOT possible as the whole control set of the D-COMP lives on a PCB that is designed for a mixture of switches and regular pots.

In order to turn everything into stepped switches - a redesign of the PCB's would be necessary and that alone is not the easiest task.

SO, TL;DR - no, this is not possible at the moment!

One day, we may offer a 'STEPPED', mastering version of the D-COMP if there is enough demand! I used to get this question a LOT about a year ago, but since then, this is the first time I can recall it being asked in quite a while!

Anyhow - THANK YOU KINDLY for the LOVE! We're glad you love your D-COMP as much as we are proud of it!!
I was afraid it might be like that. Still love it though!

Count me in if you want to make one with switches all over :D
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythm'BackStudio ➡️
I was afraid it might be like that. Still love it though!

Count me in if you want to make one with switches all over :D
Haha, will do my friend!! ❤🙏
📝 Reply