The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
considering Focal Solo6 BE and Eve Audio SC205/7/8
Old 21st November 2018
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
considering Focal Solo6 BE and Eve Audio SC205/7/8

My primary monitors have been lowly Mackie MR5s and a mix cube for almost 10 years now. I'm finally upgrading.

I decided to go with Focal Solo6's due to their reputation for being clinical but pleasant with a great image. I located an available pair locally, but the seller flaked out, which has me looking elsewhere now.

After some research, I'm liking the Eve Audio SC205 or SC207 as a more affordable way to get some clinical but pleasant monitors with a great image...and they're available new for about the same price as used Solo6's.

My room is 16x13 and treated with traps and panels, but the desk isn't centered, so I don't love that the Eve's are back-ported. I'm probably buying used, so it's not a "demo many choices and pick my favorite" type situation.

Anyone ever A/B'd these two?
Old 21st November 2018
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
bump
Old 21st November 2018
I don't have any experience with the Eve Audio speakers, but my buddy got the Focal Solo 6BEs a few years back and I've been wanting them ever since.
Old 10th December 2018
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
If you are looking for an excellent clinical tools, just go with the eves.
They are just as flat as you want em to be!
improved my workflow and results by a lot.
just give em a try, you won´t regret it even with the rare ports!

Peace out!
Old 23rd April 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I had the focal solo 6 and later got the sc307.

The sc307 sounded better to me. More open and clear.
The difference was almost like from going from ns10 to the focal. So I was pleasantly surprised about the eve.
Since I got it during lockdowns I couldn’t compare at a store so got them shipped and compared.

Not sure if the sc207 would be the same but for me it was enough to stay with the sc307 instead of going for the focal twin which was one of my options.
Mainly for the focal solo bass wasn’t strong enough in my room. Even though the eve freq response is about the same the bass is steady until 40. With the focal I felt I needed a sub.

The one main difference is that eve audio is class d amp. There’s several companies doing similar designs like barefoot, foca and adam.
Class d amp speakers have gotten better in past few years and make it more affordable for a similar quality sound.

Focal has a bigger presence in the USA so maybe also look into their shape line.
📝 Reply