The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PCM70?
Old 31st May 2007 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos ➡️
I don't think vers 3 has tile rm. Thats the one everyone loves, including myself.
Why did they remove it. Did Rom rev 3.0 re-write all the original presets? I'm sure the settings could be duplicated though, if you ask someone nicely

Out of interest, what were the differences in ROM changes?
Old 31st May 2007 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_so_new ➡️
Thanks guys..... so I went ahead and bought the thing. I got a pretty good deal, not smoking but a few hundred less than what I see them going for so that is not bad.

Anyone have anything else nice or not so nice to say about my new toy?

heh
I always liked the small and medium room patches on snare drums.
Old 1st June 2007 | Show parent
Led
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Oh man, there's a patch , I think it's the first one in bank 3? called sparkles or twinkles or something, I'm not at my room right now, but it's a fedback delay with pitch change. Awesome sound. Not one you'd use everyday, but awesome effect for some ear candy going into a chorus.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I sent a PCM60 to Jim over a month ago. I have delivery confirmation and he cashed my check. I've left two messages and sent an e-mail. Nothing. Jim, where are you man? I don't mind waiting for quality work but a quick heads up would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trancetones ➡️
I sent a PCM60 to Jim over a month ago. I have delivery confirmation and he cashed my check. I've left two messages and sent an e-mail. Nothing. Jim, where are you man? I don't mind waiting for quality work but a quick heads up would be nice.
I called Jim.. I don't know.... like 5 weeks back and got his voice mail. I left a message and didn't hear anything..... until last week. *shrug* I guess the cat is really busy but that would really bother me to not hear anything back for that long.
Led
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
He moved his whole operation to a new place not long ago and also had some unexpected family stuff that took a lot of his time. It can be frustrating from your end, but the circumstances are out of the ordinary.

And my mention of the patch above was incorrect. It's on my PCM80 not 70 and it's called sweeper.
Old 13th June 2007 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I just got a PCM70 today, Version 2.0

I've just moved back to an analogue desk so I'm buying outboard FX but there isn't a lot spare after buying the desk and restoring it. The PCM was a cheap option and I know it is highly respected.

I jumped straight to Tiled Room and tried it out on some drums I recorded recently, excellent way way better than the CSR patch I used on the mix. It was just so much bigger and deeper.

I had a MPX1 a long time ago and that seriously underwhelmed me, the PCM70 is a totallty different animal.

I then tried a plate on vocals and also excellent. Looks like I'll defiantely get another and then one day when I get some more high end stuff I can use the 2 PCM70's in mono.
Old 14th June 2007 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I recently scored a v3 PCM70 in great condition for $400 from a studio that was getting rid of a bunch of gear. I've been using the "HeadBanger" preset on the drums and it sounds nice. Although I A/B'd it with my SRV-330 and the Roland rivals it, if not outshines it. The SRV-330 is more is not quite as thick, but is more transparent and sounds more expensive, and actually kind of smokes it on a lot of stuff. The RichPlate on the SRV sounds almost identical to the PCM70. They did an excellent job of emulating it. The SRV2000 kills on drums too. Ooops....I'm giving away my secret weapons.
📝 Reply