The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Radial Engineering at NAMM 2018 - first look at upcoming products
Old 24th January 2018
News Desk Editor

🎧 20 years

Radial Engineering at NAMM 2018 - first look at upcoming products-radial_sw8_usb-rendering_only.jpg

Radial Engineering Ltd. is showing their latest problem solvers as well as all that's new from the other companies in the Radial family: Primacoustic, Hafler and Jensen Transformers Inc. We invite you to come see us at NAMM Booth 15717, North hall.

The KL-8 is a rackmount keyboard mixing station designed to provide complete control over a professional keyboard setup, both on stage and in the studio. You can connect up to four analog keyboards in mono or stereo, each with an individual level control to adjust the balance between them. An aux send/receive is also available to feed effects pedals or rackmount reverbs and delays, or it can be used as an additional stereo input for a fifth keyboard. MIDI and USB connections make it easy to control a laptop soft-synth, utilizing the KL-8's high-quality 24bit/192kHz digital audio converters. Dual USB connections provide the ability to employ redundant laptop systems.

The SW8-USB eliminates the need to have digital audio interfaces accompany each computer. Dual USB inputs with separate 24bit/192 kHz 8 digital to analog converter cards allow two computers to be connected in tandem. Both computers will see the SW8-USB as an available audio and MIDI interface, allowing for instant connection of both digital workstations. MTC can be passed between both computers, providing easy start/stop synchronization between them. Eight channels of transformer-isolated XLR and ¼" outputs are included, with the ability to switch between mic-level and +4dBu line level. With the SW8-USB, switching between playback rigs has never been easier, or more streamlined!

The AC-Driver is a small but powerful preamp for acoustic instruments on stage. EQ and volume adjustments provide you with complete control over your tone in a rugged steel chassis with heavy duty components that will withstand the harshest touring environments. A variable low-cut filter removes excessive low frequencies, along with a notch filter and a 180° polarity reverse switch to help eliminate feedback. A balanced XLR output feeds the PA system or a powered speaker, while a ¼" output can be used to simultaneously connect to an amplifier. The AC-Driver also features an always-on ¼" tuner output and a dedicated Mute footswitch, allowing for silent tuning on stage.

The Catapult Mini is the latest addition to the Catapult modular snake system, which allows you to drive four analog audio channels over a single shielded CAT 5 cable. This eliminates the need for bulky and expensive multi-pair audio cable runs, and allows contractors to take advantage of pre-wired networks to connect from one room to another. The Catapult Mini TX™ and the Mini RX™ can be used together as a pair, or they can be individually matched with any other Catapult stage box. For instance, you can use a Catapult TX4M™ on stage to split four mic lines to feed the monitor console, while utilizing a Catapult Mini RX to receive the signal at the FOH console.
Attached Thumbnails
Radial Engineering at NAMM 2018 - first look at upcoming products-radial_sw8_usb-rendering_only.jpg   Radial Engineering at NAMM 2018 - first look at upcoming products-ac-driver-front.jpg   Radial Engineering at NAMM 2018 - first look at upcoming products-catapult-mini-rx-rendering_only.jpg   Radial Engineering at NAMM 2018 - first look at upcoming products-radial_kl-8-stacked.jpg  
Old 24th January 2018
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Radial makes some amazing gear !
Old 24th January 2018
Gear Maniac
wow. that's intense.
Old 24th January 2018
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
an sw8 built in interface with midi. unreal. finally they pack into one reliable box what it would take a 4u rack of gear to make happen. praise be to radial.
Old 24th January 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
KL-8 has no pan controls, and no pan on the stereo aux send?
Old 29th January 2018
Gear Addict

I can't believe Peter Janis left the company, or that Ultimate Support bought them! NAMM 2018: Radial Engineering Acquired by Ultimate Support, CEO Janis Steps Down - ProSoundNetwork.com
Old 29th January 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlienyc ➡️
I can't believe Peter Janis left the company, or that Ultimate Support bought them! NAMM 2018: Radial Engineering Acquired by Ultimate Support, CEO Janis Steps Down - ProSoundNetwork.com
Uff, that sucks... I'm bit in worry. Radial is my favorite brand for very good sounding and dependable gear. DI boxes and Tonebones, Bassbones are fantastic. I'm still pretty excited to try many of their products, which I hadn't a chance to use.. Like their 500 series Twin Servo preamps.

One of reasons, I like them, is also undeniable enthusiasm of Peter Janis, which I believe, was driving force behind development of many their products. And I definitely appreciate his joy for new products and no BS overall approach.

The second one was quick great direct communication with Radial guys.. (pre-sale technical question, availability in Europe.. whatever). There was a clear advantage with missing corporate shield, which is unfortunately common for huge holdings.

I haven't anything against Ultimate.. but when a stand company buys Radial.. I don't know..
Hopefully my concerns are false.

Michal
Old 29th January 2018
News Desk Editor

🎧 20 years
Old 30th January 2018
Lives for gear

Though there are exceptions, overall I don't find it a good sign when a company is taken over by a group active in a fairly different domain.
There are also many examples of product lines being dropped quickly simply because the new owner is only interested in a very specific product or product line.

I don't really see why a company specialized in stands would acquire an electronics manufacturer. Also often after a friendly takeover some key people stay, even if only for a limited time, to allow a smooth transition.
Old 30th January 2018
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Wow that is a shock, but the info stated was that Peter Janis Retired which is why he sold the company. I wouldn't worry too much as the acquisition is by another company that has passion. I dig ultimate supports stands- Well done. I presume Peter had no children to mentor and bring up into the biz.
Old 30th January 2018
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Talk about sudden and unexpected. If you've ever met Peter, he's like someone who's on like 10 cups of coffee and speed mixed. I can't imagine him slowing down or retiring. For him to suddenly retire, step down, claim he has no desire to return to pro audio, and then dump Radial on a company that makes keyboard stands - well, I'm not trying to speculate but people do crazy sh!t like that when they get news like they have 6 months left to live. Hopefully he really just completely did a 180 from his normal self and just retired and it's not some tragic news or anything.

At the moment, I'm sure Radial has all the mechanisms in place to keep doing what they do as well as the R&D so things should be ok as long as Ultimate doesn't start messing with it. They should just leave it be and let Radial do what Radial does.
Old 30th January 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
For what it's worth, Mike Beilitz, the head of Ultimate Support, is more of a product guy than a bean counter. I knew him way back as a manufacturers rep. Pretty straight ahead guy and has done a good job of resurrecting US, which was in deep trouble.

I'm stunned about Peter leaving Radial but at least they're being left in pretty competent hands.
Old 30th January 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Wow. That's shocking news. Hopefully this does not diminish the Radial brand.
Old 19th May 2018
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
So far at Radial it has been business as normal. There is a tech team of long time equipment users within the company to come up with new ideas and to work with engineering to work out the bugs.
Old 24th May 2018 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMFraser ➡️
So far at Radial it has been business as normal. There is a tech team of long time equipment users within the company to come up with new ideas and to work with engineering to work out the bugs.
Thanks for chiming in. It's always nice to hear the 'inside view', especially when it's good news.
📝 Reply