The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is anyone still using hardware reverb units?
Old 5th March 2022 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
presets?! well...
Old 7th March 2022 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah ➡️
presets?! well...
Starting points shall we say
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lehmann ➡️
I love those Valhalla plug-ins and at $50 each there's simply no reason not to own them. And if you are already working exclusively ITB I can't see any reason to look much further for most reverb needs.

However... because I mix records mostly OTB in the analog domain on an analog mixer (Soundcraft DLX) I will say that nothing brings a smile to my face more than turning up the aux sends on the desk that feed the dual reverbs on my TC M3000. I know it's not a Bricasti or a 480L but I picked this box up for under €400 and it just sounds gorgeous to my ears. Really smooth and really easy to mix with. I mix mostly acoustic, jazz and classical.

As always, it's horses for courses, YMMV, etc. Use the tools that fit best within your workflow. It's all good.

PS And I'm sure Sean will be chuckling when he sees a question asking if 19" hardware reverbs can emulate VintageVerb, since my understanding is that his concept for VintageVerb was to emulate 19" hardware reverbs!
I love M5000 reverb, never used the 3000. But it's so smooth it lacks the bite of Lexicon. 20 years ago, All I had from Lex was a PCM 80. I lacked the flavor I wanted that was realty a 960. Once I started using PCM70's blended with the M5000 then I finally had the reverb I wanted. The 96 and PCM plug are close with better controls and options, but still prefer the 5000+PCM70
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegentdrum ➡️
I love M5000 reverb, never used the 3000. But it's so smooth it lacks the bite of Lexicon. 20 years ago, All I had from Lex was a PCM 80. I lacked the flavor I wanted that was realty a 960. Once I started using PCM70's blended with the M5000 then I finally had the reverb I wanted. The 96 and PCM plug are close with better controls and options, but still prefer the 5000+PCM70
Always wanted to hear the TC's but never got around to it.
Old 11th March 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just added a PCM91 to my collection...

and more demos available there.
Old 11th March 2022 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by italo de angelis ➡️
Just added a PCM91 to my collection...

and more demos available there.