The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neotek Elite
Old 19th October 2002
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Neotek Elite

Greetings there,
I am about to buy myself a Neotek Elite, i have done a lot of research about it and all feedback seems to be very positive.
Any comments that anyone might have would be much appreciated.

Hey Wiggy you will be pleased as i will stop asking you what u think i should get.

cheers

Old 19th October 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hahahaha. You knew I bite at this one.

The neotek's kick ass. I wish I had one every other day (on a 9000J). The main gripes: Funky routing at first and not as much headroom (with I consider a postive since I like over driving stuff for extra character).

I bought 3 Mic Max Neotek mic pres, and 2 Syteks and haven't looked back. They are awesome for a clean solid state mic pre (I had a few mod'ed with the Brown Burr IC). Mark my words, I WILL own a neotek before I die.
Old 20th October 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
HEy 8BIT!!!!!!!!!!!

good to see on u here @ last....

You knew EQUU would bite.. well so am i..!

We both share a common love for neoteks... and especialyl ELITES and ELANS...they are prolly opne of the best desks around for the $$ and the EQ is quite nice sounding and flexible

I know of a nice Elite in Sweden for your price range... so well talk!

LAter!

PEACE
Wiggy
Old 20th October 2002
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Thanks Guys, for the the replies, much appreciated.

E-cue where do you get the Brown Burr ic from? Can it be modified into the consoles, and is it worth it?
What sort of change does it give you?

Wiggy i will speak to you asap.

Old 20th October 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by 8bit
Thanks Guys, for the the replies, much appreciated.

E-cue where do you get the Brown Burr ic from? Can it be modified into the consoles, and is it worth it?
What sort of change does it give you?

Wiggy i will speak to you asap.

Talk to Mike Stoica over at Martinsound/Sytek/Neotek. It's awesome on vocals. Silky, and DOPE, as the kids say these days.

His email is [email protected]
Old 25th October 2002
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Well Guys,
Just letting you know deposit is down Elite arrives soon.
Am very excited!!!!

Thanks for all your advice.
Old 25th October 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
You won't regret it. I'll give you a month to really learn it's full capacity, then by month #2 you'll be doing things you wish you could get on a Neve or SSL as quickly.
Old 25th October 2002
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
8Bit,

What configuration did you end up getting? Is it an Elite I or Elite II. If we all might ask,what did you pay for this puppy? Did you get automation?

I am waiting for installation on my Elite II. Should be in a couple of weeks. This is my first real console and I can't wait to hear my mixes with this desk. I am replacing a Mackie D8B console. I will miss all the automation and the complete recall, but I am looking for a better sound.

Take care.
Old 25th October 2002
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
How are the newer Neotek's holding up?

I've worked on a few in the past that were absolute maintenance nightmares...

-Moze
Old 26th October 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Moze...

Neoteks are pretty damn bulletproof.. given regular studio conditions....

There is an ELan here in Melbourne that burns 24/7 for the last 10 yrs and its just coming up for its 1st recap!

Like nay console over rtime they will need some reswitching but they all do ..even Neves... which gets hard and very expensive to do.

also Mike is Da Man.. now and i noticed he is running add in MIX magazine now, to alert new and old owner about support and parts etc.

PEACE
Wiggy
Old 26th October 2002
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
The console is Elite m2 32 mono, 4 stereo, no automation.

I am looking forward to it a lot too, should be in around 3weeks.

In regards to Maintenance, this console has been in the same studio for 12 years and has needed very litttle maintenance.
Only minor servicing, and all the faders were replaced with P+G's
about a year ago.

Old 27th October 2002
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
You will enjoy your Neotek for sure. I've had my Elan for about two months and it sounds great. I need to have a few things done to it, but I really dig it!
Old 27th October 2002
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Hey guys,
If you had a choice of a new Elan or a used elite what you prefer?
Old 31st October 2002
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
I do not know a lot about the Elan, but i think the EQ is more comprehensive on the Elite. In terms of signal path I am not sure how different they are.
My initail thought would be Elite would be a better choice.

But i am bias.
Old 7th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I bought an old series II 32x24 that got soaking wet, and mike rebuilt 10 modules plus the power supply. People choose them over api and neves all the time on drums at my place.
Very musical eq and Mikes a joy to work with. The Burr Brown ICs
are worth it! I have full scematics and parts for series II if anyone needs them.
Old 7th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
If anyone's interested, I know of a Neotek Elite for sale. Looks good to me, and I'm sure it'd be a great deal.
Old 7th January 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
What is the deal?
Old 8th January 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It's not currently being used, so the seller is motivated to get rid of it = good price for buyer.
Old 9th January 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Where are you at MattiMattMatt?
Old 6th November 2007 | Show parent
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Thought I might bump this thread....

Also in the same position. Looking for a used elite for a reasonable price and am planning a trip to the US in the next couple of months. Anyone know of anybody I can contact?

Thanks,
C_S
Old 4th December 2007 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
NEOTEK LOVER

Neotek to me is at the top of the list when it comes to good honest real tracking of good sounding instruments. There will forever be neotek in my studio. If your into recording and have not witnessed the truth that neotek provides I believe you will be ultimately impressed when when you encounter the fine detail that neotek provides.
Old 17th October 2008 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Neotek Elite for sale for 8k

I have a chance to buy a Neotek Elite / 40 chan version...Left hand patchbay and in good condition...the board is priced at $8400...Is it worth it? I have worked on a Jim Williams modified Soundcraft 600, SSL 4000G+, SSL E...I have done good mixes on the Soundcraft, a couple great ones on the SSL G+....What should I expect from the Neotek? And what about maintenance?

ZIV
ZivMusic.com
Old 17th October 2008
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
The Neotek Elite II was the first board i ever touched. I love it! very easy to use with the whole button's up philosophy. Good buy if you ask me...
Old 1st February 2010
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
pinout info needed!

Hey guys, can anyone tell me what the header-block pin-out is suppose to be on the meters of the ELITE-1 console? (rev. 84C40MBC 1986) 40 segment led meter. [email protected]
Old 1st February 2010 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I miss my Elite

I sold my Neotek Elite when I went on the road in 2003. What a great workhorse. Lovely EQ and preamp. I installed two switchable Western Electric Transformers on the outputs and swapped out the TLM103 ICs from the first 12 channels to Burr Browns. The latter is definitely a must.

Unfortunately when I sold it I forgot to include the documentation. Does anyone have a right-hand bay Elite II 44 that didn't come with documentation?

Freddie, remind me to check my Elite's service book if someone doesn't get to you first.
Old 2nd February 2010 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I picked up this 93 model last June. I got injured shortly thereafter, and I'm hoping to get it up and running by summer. I'm hoping my upgrading days are over with this board.
Attached Thumbnails
Neotek Elite-neotek2.jpg   Neotek Elite-neotek1.jpg  
Old 29th May 2010 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
For Sale Neotek Elite San Diego

The studio I work at in san diego is selling a Neotek Elite if anyone is looking for one. PM me if you're interested. Pictures are here: Secret Cedar
Old 29th May 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
aw sweet memories - when I could justify to build a tracking studio the Neotek Elite II would be the console of choice and I'm sure I'd mix a song or 2 only for the good old feel of mixing without a safety net.

Jo
πŸ“ Reply