The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Executone EXG-P/EV RE-10 (15) - Vintage 4 Pin Connector - what is it?
Old 20th July 2017
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Executone EXG-P/EV RE-10 (15) - Vintage 4 Pin Connector - what is it?

Hey all,

I love old EV microphones and already own two standard branded RE10s and some 635a's... killer for lots of stuff, but that's another discussion.

Just now I took a chance on an eBay auction for 3 untested Executone EXG-P mics (which are just rebranded RE10s/15s, not sure which) for a pretty cheap price. If even one or two of them works OK I'll be happy, but they are currently fitted with an old-school 4-pin XLR type connector that I am unfamiliar with. Here's a photo to illustrate....

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/...psqiuyztio.jpg

Can anyone give some insight on what this connector is/how it's wired? I'd be interested in picking up some adapters to test/use with these, or would consider modding them to standard 3-Pin XLR connections if that ends up being the smarter move...

Thanks for your help!

-b
Old 24th July 2017
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years
GearSlutz is stumped, eh? I've gotten some info from some other knowledgeable friends basically saying that the 4pin XLR connector was built for dual-impedance options... which is all well and good..

But, anyone know where to find adapters for these bad boys?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Resurrecting this OLD thread but I just dug these out of the drawer again... can anyone shed light on the best way to test these old microphones, either according to a multimeter/pinout chart from the factory, or a known good cable/adapter?

Not the end of the world if they end up being props or parts, but they're in pretty decent outward shape and I just have a hard time believing all 3 mics are busted...
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…