The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
EVE Audio SC307
Old 11th June 2017
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
EVE Audio SC307

Hi! I want to buy new three-way monitors, and am considering the SC307 from EVE. I need to move from my apartment within 1-2 years, so I don´t know the environment the monitors will be in. Will it be completely overkill to buy the 307 compared to the 305´s if the room later is small? Because the difference in price between the 305 and 307 are fairly little. When I first have saved up, I want monitors I can have for years, preferably without the use of a dedicated sub.

Will appreciate any reply :D
Old 13th June 2017
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Hi Danielnielson,

I recommend the the SC307 if you don´t want to combine them with a subwoofer.
The SC307 start at 40 Hz compared to the SC305 which start at 50 Hz.
This can make a huge difference judging a recording/mix depending on the type of music you are going to produce.

Using them in a relatively small room shouldn´t be a problem if you do care about some simple room treatment. (near field)
Place some absorbers and basstraps to get rid of flutter echoes and reduce room modes appearing in small places.
The filter settings will help you matching the speakers to your room/listening position and give you the possibility
to remove or boost some low end if needed.

Thanks for being interested in our product line.

Feel free to ask anything you want, if you are looking for some more detailed information about our monitors/subwoofers.

Best wishes,

Sven
(Eve-Audio)
Old 13th June 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 20 years
i have 3 SC307s in my 5.1 set up and they are incredible. i have no reason to look elsewhere until these die. they do take some
getting used to due to a very noticeable in my opinion vertical sweet spot...meaning you gotta get that tweeter just right w/ your ears but
wow.

fwiw,
marty
📝 Reply