The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Korg Monologue vs Arturia Microbrute
Old 23rd December 2016
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Korg Monologue vs Arturia Microbrute

I have a Minilogue and am looking for a second synth to add to my collection. I like saving patches on the Minilogue and that is why I am leaning towards the Monologue ... but the Microbrute is also calling my name.

I will control whatever I get via a Beatstep Pro.

Any opinions on either?
Old 5th January 2017
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
I have the microbrute and although in some ways I like it I much prefer the sound of the monologue. The microbrute and minibrute have a quite a specific sound to them which I think is a bit sharp and harsh and I've quite gone off it lately tbh
Old 5th January 2017
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
I broke down and got the Microbrute as I wanted some brand/gear variety, plus I didn't need the advanced sequencing that the Monologue offers as I use the beatstep. While the overdrive and brute factor are different, I feel they are comparable in concept.

So far I really like the Microbrute and am finding it's able to get some really crazy sound variations with the slightest of tweaks to the knobs. I love the patchbay and using stackables I can get some interesting stuff happening.

That being said ... I can see myself getting the Monologue in the future ... cuz "why not both" amirite?
Old 5th January 2017
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
The microbrute is still a great synth especially for the price used. I have an ms20 mini so I guess that more than fits the bill for me. Still like the sound of the monologue tho but in fairness could probably do with a decent poly more than anything!
๐Ÿ“ Reply