CCM8 vs MK8+CMC6 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
CCM8 vs MK8+CMC6
Old 21st September 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
CCM8 vs MK8+CMC6

Hi,
for now my mic collection is basically limited to a cmit5 ..
and after I rent a ccm8 to combine a ms with CMIT for a job I get in love with the sound.. so I wanna buy one, mostly for booming but sometimes on tripod.
my mic wishlist in long term is in constant changing, but consists in: 2x cmc6; cmcxt(for sfx downing high sample rate purpose) mk41 2x mk4 and a schoeps fig.8 and sadly will be a slowly acquisition.. I need to evolve in other gear..

but the point of this question is Should I buy a CCM8 or a mk8 with cmc6??

I know it's personal decision but maybe you can highlight some pros and cons versus one another that I didn't know..

CCM8
PROS:
1.very practical and lightweight for booming.

MK8+CCM
PROS:
1. after I can buy 1x cmc6 with 2x mk4 instead of a stereo kit 2x cmc6 with 2x mk4.
2. in future if I buy a cmcxt to use it with a mk4 or mk41 I could buy another cmcxt to use with mk8 and make a ms with high frequencies..

CONS:
1. not so practical and lightweight as CCM8, and every weight plus gets heavier with time when booming.

Basically the pros of MK8 are related with future acquisition, and as I said earlier my wishlist is always in constant changing, mostly the priorities.. ( I really don't know if I really will buy a cmctx.. and if I buy it, if it's make sense to use a cmcxt for MS.. or how should result if I use cmcxt in a MS but only on Mid mic ( ex: cmcxt+mk4or41 with ccm8)

sorry I end up having several questions in this doubt.

Do you have any experience with CMCxt? and CMCxt in MS?

Do you have a MK8? why didn't you buy a CCM8? or Do you have a CCM8? any regrets?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Best Regards,
Henrique
Old 22nd September 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriqueORB ➡️
...Should I buy a CCM8 or a mk8 with cmc6?
They sound the same -- like a Schoeps mk8 capsule. So the difference is just one of logistics. No one can tell you which "system" will work best for you; you are the only one who can make that decision.
📝 Reply