The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Webster Electric Tube compressor schematic
Old 16th February 2007
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Webster Electric Tube compressor schematic

Hello,
I have an old Webster Electric Tube compressor that I would like to restore. The model number is WSC515. The plug in mic pre model number is WSC 516.
I am desperately trying to find a schematic for this unit.
Any info on the unit or where I can find a schematic would be greatly appreciated.
I have searched the web over and over with no luck. Iโ€™ve only seen one of these in a picture in a Tape OP magazine but there was no info.
Thank you in advance
Old 16th February 2007
Lives for gear

24 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
I've seen the piece, but never seen the info. you may have to draw it out. Not hard; just like doing a jig-saw puzzle with a multimeter. as far as restoration, you really don't need a schematic unless it's totally DOA and appears to have 'let the smoke out '. Re-cap it and put known good / matched tubes in it and it'll proabably be fine.
Old 6th September 2013
Gear Addict

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
have schematic

I recently acquired one of these that has literally been in it's original box since the 70s untouched. It looks brand new and I was told its never been used. It came with the manual and schematic.

If you still need it, I attached some quick pics of the schematic.

Did you ever use it? How does it sound? I'm about to fire it up next week when I get the chance.
Attached Thumbnails
Webster Electric Tube compressor schematic-photo-1-4.jpg   Webster Electric Tube compressor schematic-photo-2-4.jpg   Webster Electric Tube compressor schematic-photo-3-3.jpg  
Old 30th January 2014
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Wow! Thank you very much for the pics of the schematic.
I recapped it and replace the diodes in the rectifier and need to know what the voltage is supposed to be. Very cool! How do you like yours so far?
Thanks again!
Old 22nd August 2014
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
diode

I wonder what kinda diode to be used for replacement?
N4007 will do it?
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…