The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Messe 16: DMSD decoupler
Old 10th April 2016
Messe 16: DMSD decoupler

Italian company, designer works in the aviation engineering field.

the test setup were 2 pair of amphions, one set with, one set without.

I was very much blown away by the difference (so was David Bryce). The amphions sounded a lot better in the lowend, more alive, lesshifi.

there were measured results (with/without): they correct both phase and FTT (I remember 60Hz was 2 seconds without, 0.6secwith the dampers).

a set of 8 willgo for approx 580euro net.

they will send me a set for review.
Attached Thumbnails
Messe 16: DMSD decoupler-img_20160410_090954.jpg   Messe 16: DMSD decoupler-img_20160410_091001.jpg  
Old 10th April 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Very expensive. Can you compare with isoacoustic?
Old 10th April 2016
TRW
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Had a brief listen & they were faster / tighter than Iso acoustics stuff - more like China Cones.

They seem decent.

-T
Old 10th April 2016 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbonmicguy ➑️
Very expensive. Can you compare with isoacoustic?
I can not. someone who has isoacoustic was impressed too (show floor noise level, just with and without the dampers). I guess like everything in proaudio you need to try it out yourself. I found the product to be very interesting because I finally started to like the speaker brand (Amphion).
Old 10th April 2016
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I have witnessed today this product and I have to say I was amazed.
Never knew about it,just saw it around, also Unity Audio were using it under their monitors.

I was left speechless with the difference with and without. I never thought that such a thing would make such a difference.

It was turning something out of focus, out of phase (that was supposed to be correct) into really focused and really concentrated stereo image.
It was like turning a muddy recording from far, to super clear in your face, like it should be I guess.

I cannot say about frequency response as the place was quite noisy around, but I can imagine that it really works also on the frequency, as there were graphs there on paper showing the difference.

It was just magic, sorry you don't hear this word often nowadays, but it just happened.
Old 11th April 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 20 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola ➑️
I was very much blown away by the difference (so was David Bryce).
Yes, I thought they sounded good.

dB

Last edited by Bryce; 11th June 2016 at 04:00 PM..
Old 12th April 2016
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Why are they so expensive?? Are they using some uber rare material to manufacture these?
Old 13th April 2016 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj31 ➑️
Why are they so expensive?? Are they using some uber rare material to manufacture these?
very stiff aviation "grade" material. for specific questions you have to ask the designer directly.
Old 26th May 2016
got my 8 piece. we are going to make a shoozout next week.
Old 18th September 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola ➑️
got my 8 piece. we are going to make a shoozout next week.
how was it?
Old 8th November 2016
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Worth the price

I heard it in Messe as well, they are amazing like black magic.

I got my kit yesterday and installed in my studio as soon they arrived, the speaker became clearer and low end turn into more tight image, they are amazing.

I think 500€ is not big buck for a better speaker without spending more money in a new pair of monitors, what you get for your dough is a clearer stereo image and improved low end it is like you have a two elements speaker with a 6" cone and upgrade to a three elements speaker with 8" cone.

It worth the price for sure.
Old 19th December 2016
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I have installed them in my studio where I use Quested S8Rs on Zaor monitorstands. The effect is comparable to switching to a superior digital clock: Better separation, improved stereo image, clearer mids, tighter bass. A quite dramatic effect and definitively worth the money.

I had the feeling to listen for the first time to the true sound of the speakers.

Highly recommended!
Old 30th September 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
anyone else comment on these? Would they help much with a cement floor?
Old 27th December 2017 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKAudio ➑️
anyone else comment on these? Would they help much with a cement floor?
According to this, apparently it does. (Skip to 3:00)

The claim that the Earth's vibes affect a speaker's performance might be quite a stretch made for a marketing boost though. Any seismologists in the house?
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…