The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Grooves Tubes Vipre
Old 5th April 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Grooves Tubes Vipre

Hello Guys,

Well, I recently discovered a video, where Aspen Pittman describes his Compressors,Eq's and other stuff he produced with Groove Tubes ( https://youtu.be/oij1FSthGSk ). I was just completely blown away. I mean there are options like mic impedance on certain modern analog Compressors, but this one goes two steps further I guess. Sadly, you can't buy them anymore and nobody is selling them on eBay or any other platform. So my first thought was to build one on my own, but then I remembered that there are 250 solderings behind one knob. So it seems to be a little bit complicated :D

My questions are: are there any compressor still in production which can do the same? If not what are some good options besides this one?
How difficult is it, to build one of these (GT Vipre) or does it just take a lot of time and patience? Somebody here already built one of these at home?

Thanks for reading and commenting on this post!

Greetings!
Old 5th April 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Love the enthusiasm to just start the build but they do pop up from time to time around $1600 so i guess patiently hang in there!
Old 5th April 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
There's one on ebay and one on reverb right now, they are asking a lot though...
Old 5th April 2016
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 20 years
a Vipre, maybe 900.00 but not more than that .. i had one of the 1st ones as a demo for a week .. nothing really that special - sent it back ... sorry, just my opinion ..
Old 5th April 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I was on the hunt for one as well for a long while but ive read that they are notorious to work on if something goes bad, and something always goes bad in that unit for some reason. search here on gearslutz for that subject and im sure you will find it.
Old 5th April 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 20 years
Just for reference/anyone who stumbles on this thread in the future- Aspen Pittman recommends Paul Morte Technical Services in Orange California, for all GT gear repair.
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have one of the early ones (pre fender). Still love it. The DI is fantastic on bass as well (P or J).
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…