The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Casio Privia PX-410R - Any Good?
Old 4th February 2007

🎧 15 years
Casio Privia PX-410R - Any Good?

Hi,

My old Technics SX-P30 has thrown two keys (G1, E6) and will probably cost more to repair than it would cost to just buy another one, so I'm in the market for a new hammer-action 88key piano.

I was thinking about the Casio PX-410 because I need something with decent a drawbar organ sample, and hopefully decent electromechanical (rhodes, whurly, clav) samples. A good piano sample is helpful, too

Does anybody have one of these pianos and can comment on their sound pallete?

I really don't like the way the keyboard "looks" and the fact that it has onboard speakers and auto-accompianment scares me, but I guess in the end it's about the sound.

FWIW I'm at best an amateur pianist, so I'm looking for a good all-rounder rather than emulation of a real grand.

Thanks!
Old 4th February 2007

🎧 15 years
I know the brand name is frightening, but I really like the action and sound of the Privia keyboards. I have had the original PX-100, or whatever it is called, for about 4 years and it has served me well. The newer ones are even better.

Old 4th February 2007 | Show parent

🎧 20 years
Casio

I have a Casio PX-310. Good action. Good piano, Rhodes, Clav and Wurly sounds.

I, too, thought "I don't need no stinking built in speakers". After owning it a few days I wanted to check out something in an arrangement. I quickly pulled it out of the case, sat it on a chair, and went to grab a little amp when I realized..."Oh...built in speakers". Suddenly it appeared to be a great design idea.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…