Quantcast
APOGEE/DIGI002R HELP!! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
APOGEE/DIGI002R HELP!!
Old 26th January 2007
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
APOGEE/DIGI002R HELP!!

Hey everyone I have a few question for you in hopes someone can help.
First I just bought an Apogee Rosetta 800 for my Digi 002r and for some reason when I am recording I am getting a latency or doubling effect.
I am connecting it to the digi 002r with the lightpipe in and out, and on the Apogee it reads all adats sources. I have tried monitoring out of the digi 002 but it does the same thing. If any has had this plus let me know how to figure it out its driving me .
Also in the control room it's fine only in the cans. I have tried everything it seems but I don't know. Is it something in Pro tools I am looking over? I have also clocked it to the Apogee with the adat. But still confused.
Old 26th January 2007
  #2
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Do you have "low latency monitoring" checked? I was using an 800 into an 002 just tonight and it was working great (of course we were still using the Digi's Analog 1/2 outputs for monitoring).
Old 26th January 2007 | Show parent
  #3
Lives for gear
 
yumdrum's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
have you tried lowering your buffer setting? You may have to bring it way down with your plug-ins dissabled to get a tolerable latency effect for tracking. Obviously you would kick it back up to 2048 or so for mixing.

Also, Apogee makes a software for the Rosetta 800 called Firemix. This enables you to monitor directly from the Rosetta and no latency. It's a free download from Apogee.
Good Luck.
Old 27th January 2007 | Show parent
  #4
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumdrum ➑️
have you tried lowering your buffer setting? You may have to bring it way down with your plug-ins dissabled to get a tolerable latency effect for tracking. Obviously you would kick it back up to 2048 or so for mixing.

Also, Apogee makes a software for the Rosetta 800 called Firemix. This enables you to monitor directly from the Rosetta and no latency. It's a free download from Apogee.
Good Luck.
Thanks..

Does it work with pro tools?
Old 27th January 2007 | Show parent
  #5
Lives for gear
 
chrisrulesmore's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumdrum ➑️
have you tried lowering your buffer setting? You may have to bring it way down with your plug-ins dissabled to get a tolerable latency effect for tracking. Obviously you would kick it back up to 2048 or so for mixing.

Also, Apogee makes a software for the Rosetta 800 called Firemix. This enables you to monitor directly from the Rosetta and no latency. It's a free download from Apogee.
Good Luck.
The Firemix only works if you have a firewire x-card installed in the Rosetta, no? Even then, I believe it to be a low-latency mixer which shouldn't be any different than enabling low latency monitoring in Pro Tools...

I've been using a Rosetta 800 with my M-Audio 1814 for the past month or so. No issues whatsoever, but then again, the 1814 has hardware direct monitoring which greatly simplifies things.

For the life of me, I don't understand why most interfaces don't have this feature...the 1814 is such a piece of cap in so many ways, but as a PT dongle it can't be beat for the money!
Old 27th January 2007 | Show parent
  #6
Lives for gear
 
max cooper's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
using 002 with Rosetta 800 for a year now. No trubs at all.

You gotta monitor outta the Rosetta now. Unless you miss the sound of the 002 D/A section.
Old 27th January 2007 | Show parent
  #7
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper ➑️
using 002 with Rosetta 800 for a year now. No trubs at all.

You gotta monitor outta the Rosetta now. Unless you miss the sound of the 002 D/A section.
I tried that....can you tell me the setting you have set for the Rosetta I just have everything runing adat. Yeah I hate the sound on the digi002 but If thats what I will have to monitor out of for tracking then oh well.
I was reading something on the Apogee site and the manual about maybe to set an analog and adat out? Any Ideas?
Old 27th January 2007 | Show parent
  #8
Lives for gear
 
max cooper's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
source to digital outs: ADAT and Analog

Digital Outputs at 24 bits

Analog Outputs set to ADAT

Make sure you have PT set to clock to ADAT (on mac, you can hit command-2 and bring up the session setup window which has a clocking source menu)

Make sure the session sample rate matches with the samplerate on the Rosetta

Make sure nothing in the W/C i/o sync section is lit.
Old 27th January 2007 | Show parent
  #9
Lives for gear
 
chrisrulesmore's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper ➑️
source to digital outs: ADAT and Analog

Digital Outputs at 24 bits

Analog Outputs set to ADAT

Make sure you have PT set to clock to ADAT (on mac, you can hit command-2 and bring up the session setup window which has a clocking source menu)

Make sure the session sample rate matches with the samplerate on the Rosetta

Make sure nothing in the W/C i/o sync section is lit.
Also, make sure you are using a monitor controller to attenuate the signal out to your monitors...

I have been using the Presonus Central Station as suggested by Dave at Apogee...works like a champ!

-Chris
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 93 views: 29602
Avatar for Rockman
Rockman 26th November 2011
replies: 2376 views: 404413
Avatar for didier.brest
didier.brest 2 days ago
replies: 295 views: 72447
Avatar for anguswoodhead
anguswoodhead 26th March 2013
replies: 1296 views: 178655
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump