The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Louder than Liftoff Silver Bullet first impressions
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampar ➡️
Do you prefer the Xfilter to the TK-Lizer for mastering?
I think both would work well together, but I'm using the Silver Bullet and the Xfilter, because the TK-Lizer is less useful with the SB as I mentioned.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesewhiteman ➡️
What’s with everyone getting rid of gear? Bose and Em! What is this world coming to?
Ha ha I'm definitely not going "into the box." I just moved a few years ago which made me end up with a larger room for a studio (which is great for tracking) but one that does shared duty as my living room, so it means there's less room to fill with racks and such. So I've been reducing just to keep the gear racks from growing. It's also just been an attempt to finally get shit out of here that I'm not using or that is definitely redundant... There's a surprisingly large amount of that!

I'm definitely not planning to get rid of either of my Silver Bullets, and I'll always have a lot of outboard here. I've just finally placed a physical limit on how much room it's allowed to take up. That's been good for my creativity I think... But it's still an ongoing experiment of course.
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesewhiteman ➡️
What’s with everyone getting rid of gear? Bose and Em! What is this world coming to?
sell what you don’t need I guess. My reason is it’s a hassle to do all of that recall. I want no parts.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSIC.BMG ➡️
My reason is it’s a hassle to do all of that recall.
I spend very minimal amounts of time recalling my outboard.

At some point, I'm going to get around to how I do hybrid mixing with primarily outboard (and some plugins) with instant recall and very little futzing. Not enough time in the day though, but I'll be sure to let y'all know if/when I do it.
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
I spend very minimal amounts of time recalling my outboard.

At some point, I'm going to get around to how I do hybrid mixing with primarily outboard (and some plugins) with instant recall and very little futzing. Not enough time in the day though, but I'll be sure to let y'all know if/when I do it.
You’re doing what I’m going to do once the rest of my cables come in. I want more of a set it and forget it style with most of my gear. Set the knobs where I want, then mix in the DAW into the gear to get the results I want.

This way recall is done wherever you load up your project.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSIC.BMG ➡️
You’re doing what I’m going to do once the rest of my cables come in. I want more of a set it and forget it style with most of my gear. Set the knobs where I want, then mix in the DAW into the gear to get the results I want.

This way recall is done wherever you load up your project.
BINGO.

My hardware these days is almost all for the trip in or the trip out or stem summing. The deep stuff almost always happens ITB and is saved with the project.

The super cool stuff isn’t recallable anyway. Speaking of which hey Brad/drBill can you get a Sylvia Massey Signature Pickle colour module going?
Attached Thumbnails
Louder than Liftoff Silver Bullet first impressions-04a0a7a5-e2f0-4cd4-ad6d-cdf282a3d441.jpeg  
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
📝 Reply