Louder than Liftoff Silver Bullet first impressions - Page 187 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Louder than Liftoff Silver Bullet first impressions
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Louder Than Liftoff

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSEED ➡️
when are the MF RGB's going to be back in stock?
Maybe today or tomorrow. We just got boards in so we can finally make more.

Thanks for your patience.

Brad
Louder Than Liftoff

🎧 15 years
Some insight into the new mk2 HF EQ

Hi all,

I just made a post about the HF EQ and how it can interact with the AIR knob when it’s used to attenuate. The post is in the mk2 announcement thread, but I thought some of you would find it informative and interesting so I’ll share the link here:

Silver Bullet mk2 HF+AIR EQ Interaction

cheers,
Brad
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM ➡️
Maybe today or tomorrow. We just got boards in so we can finally make more.

Thanks for your patience.

Brad
Cool - tempted to buy a pair!
Gear Maniac

PSA.. Mister Focus are back in stock! Just ordered one to use for reamping. Hopefully will get some stuff sold soon so I can justify buying a second to run in the SB insert loop.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Hello all!

Newcomer since a little month (just before the SBII release lol...) my SB is connect to a SSL SIX. I now have an excerpt of a real analog studio console at home, with crazy routings, The sound and also fun to manipulate (we sometimes forget this aspect).

So I have 3 flavors at my disposal (Neve, API and SSL) that I'm getting to know to use at best (but I feel like it's hard to go wrong with such quality products). I also have a SSL compressor, quite rudimentary, but in the bus mix it makes wonders (for tracking it's not so good). I also have some rudimentary EQs (in the SSL and the SB, of the same kind but at slightly different frequencies). In short: I am very happy!

In my rack case, I still have room for an analog piece of gear. I don't know yet what I'll take. But I'm waiting for my "real" need to be felt. If you have any ideas I'm listening.

Well done Louder than litoff!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Addict
Broken record here…but my SiX, Silver Bullet, Audioscape D Comp setup makes me VERY happy. Super flexible.
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatervest ➡️
Broken record here…but my SiX, Silver Bullet, Audioscape D Comp setup makes me VERY happy. Super flexible.
Thank you. If you need only one piece of analog hardware to complement, it would be a compressor over an EQ? I had the same opinion for now, but still hesitating.

I'm also thinking about what would benefit OTB the most. I was then looking to a Roland Dimension D clone (Klark Teknik). But it's "one trick pony" as we say. I think I'll go for a stereo compressor and the audioscape looks nice.
Gear Head

I've been lucky enough to snag one of the first batch of SB mk2. One of the new features over my trusty SB1 is balanced inserts. Can someone tell me what's the advantage of running, say, a compressor via the inserts as opposed to after the SBmk2 in a mastering chain?

I have all my external processing boxes coming into Logic via a Ferrofish A32 so they come up on the Logic Audio FX Inserts.

Thanks.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by trubshaw ➡️
I've been lucky enough to snag one of the first batch of SB mk2. One of the new features over my trusty SB1 is balanced inserts. Can someone tell me what's the advantage of running, say, a compressor via the inserts as opposed to after the SBmk2 in a mastering chain?

I have all my external processing boxes coming into Logic via a Ferrofish A32 so they come up on the Logic Audio FX Inserts.

Thanks.
Main one is the insert is pre the SB BAX eq.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Sorry major omfg moment today...

ASR 10 (Mark 1 Rhodes Preset from various banks) --> Telefunken DI --> SB (N-A Mode with Air / Tight / Vintage and all gain / mojo knobs at noon --> A/D

This chain just blew my mind... The sampled Rhodes on here is already so heavy and authentic and smokey... Taking it through all these analog stages just brought into Blue Note 70s jazz funk heaven.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Is the SB MK2 physically bigger than the MK1 or are they the same size?
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassbinoctuplets ➡️
Is the SB MK2 physically bigger than the MK1 or are they the same size?
Same size.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Been meaning to post this for awhile but ****'s been crazy as the old saying goes.

Last spring I started having a weird issue with my bullet, contacted support and Brad and Deegan went truly above and beyond to help me out.

Preface by saying I bought my unit used, in Canada, they had no real need to go as far as they did.

I don't want to go into specifics or set expectations that aren't mine to set but let me just say that they were true pro's. Helped me out with trouble shooting, parts and eventually everything I needed to get the unit down to the states for repair, for what seems to me as very much more than fair.

Love the bullet, great dudes, great company, thanks again guys!

edit: annnnnd holy **** I just saw the MKII
Old 13 hours ago | Show parent
Louder Than Liftoff

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiterred ➡️
Been meaning to post this for awhile but ****'s been crazy as the old saying goes.

Last spring I started having a weird issue with my bullet, contacted support and Brad and Deegan went truly above and beyond to help me out.

Love the bullet, great dudes, great company, thanks again guys!

edit: annnnnd holy **** I just saw the MKII
Thanks, Rob! We are here for you anytime you need us. Our priority is always to make sure our customers are taken care of. We appreciated your patience during that process, and are happy to know you are loving your Silver Bullet.

cheers,
Brad
Louder Than Liftoff

🎧 15 years
We are taking pre-orders again

Hi all,

We've been getting lots of questions about when we might take more pre-orders for Silver Bullet mk2. Just wanted to let you all know that pre-orders are live again, and without the pressure of limited quantities this time.

cheers,
Brad
Gear Head
Quote:
Hi all,

We've been getting lots of questions about when we might take more pre-orders for Silver Bullet mk2. Just wanted to let you all know that pre-orders are live again, and without the pressure of limited quantities this time.

cheers,
Brad
Love this way of preordering! Get in line and you’ll pay when you’re ready to receive your order 👏🏾👏🏾
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLVKQMUSICGROUP ➡️
Love this way of preordering! Get in line and you’ll pay when you’re ready to receive your order 👏🏾👏🏾
EVERYone at LTL has been on board with these issues since the first day of announcement. All kinds of ideas bouncing around, but I think Brad found a pretty elegant way of dealing with the crazy demand in a pandemic production scheduled world.

Hoping to get these out ASAP!!
Old 11 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
EVERYone at LTL has been on board with these issues since the first day of announcement. All kinds of ideas bouncing around, but I think Brad found a pretty elegant way of dealing with the crazy demand in a pandemic production scheduled world.

Hoping to get these out ASAP!!
We’re def ready to get these in our hands. Great work.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Woohoo!!! Can’t wait for the mk2!!!!!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
.... without the pressure of limited quantities this time.
Supply chains cooperating? Great to hear!
Old 10 hours ago | Show parent
Louder Than Liftoff

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat ➡️
Supply chains cooperating? Great to hear!
Hi Jeff,

Our new process allows us to maintain a queue so that if/when we receive all the parts we need to build a unit, then we can offer it directly to the person at the front of the queue. Potential supply chain delays are still part of the current reality.

Brad
📝 Reply