Quantcast
DEMOS of Hit Songs - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DEMOS of Hit Songs
Old 10th January 2007
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
DEMOS of Hit Songs

If you worked on the new Boyband_X or RealArtist_Y Record, and you happen to have demos, post 'em! Who gives a crap if any of us will get fired for it heh

Hope this turns into a huge thread were everybody will realize that you do can turn a mediocre song into a hit if the production is great!
Old 10th January 2007
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Good luck with that.
Old 10th January 2007 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Wilsey ➑️
Good luck with that.

Haha.. I wanna hear a Hillary Duff demo.. PRE autotune. I might get ear cancer, but it'd be a good laugh!
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietdrive ➑️
I'll start by posting the Avril Lavigne Demo for her song Skater Boy. Dumb song, but kinda cool to see how the finished version compares to the demo.

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.ph...Boy__Demo_.mp3
sounds like a rough mix of the album version to me. shows you what TLA does for a mix.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK ➑️
sounds like a rough mix of the album version to me. shows you what TLA does for a mix.
Yes it is a rough mix, done by The Matrix... and it shows that BOTH... CLA and TLA use SAMPLES, even though they deny it. Listen to snare on the demo, and then listen to the album version. Totally different snares!
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Excuse my ignorance..
but what's CLA and TLA?
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
there's a demo version of eisley's telescope eyes floating around, so much rougher than the final version but it interesting to see how the song evolved although certainly not a hit song
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Noodles- ➑️
Excuse my ignorance..
but what's CLA and TLA?
you mean "who's"

chris and tom lord-alge
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Noodles- ➑️
Excuse my ignorance..
but what's CLA and TLA?
CLA - Chris Lord-Alge
TLA - Tom Lord-Alge

They mix... like songs... and get paid a lot of cash for doing it... something like 5k/song
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Yes it is a rough mix, done by The Matrix... and it shows that BOTH... CLA and TLA use SAMPLES, even though they deny it. Listen to snare on the demo, and then listen to the album version. Totally different snares!
I dont know about this particular song, even if one of my favorite artists from the late 80's early 90's is a part of the matrix, but anyway, Lauren Christy always has had great productions and great ideas, this demo is a good example of how good a good producer(s) can be, who didnt think this would be a decent hit??? although, I love LC, I dont pay to much attention to her matrix work, sorry.

I would rather hear "my jeans I want them back" Or "walk this earth alone" , or any thing she did in that span, thumbsup

back to the topic...

samples are always best employed when no-one knows...... tutt
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
CLA - Chris Lord-Alge
TLA - Tom Lord-Alge

They mix... like songs... and get paid a lot of cash for doing it... something like 5k/song
thats pretty reasonable, its gotta be higher than that.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
CLA - Chris Lord-Alge
TLA - Tom Lord-Alge

That'd be pretty reasonable if you want that sound.
Old 10th January 2007
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
If you worked on the new Boyband_X or RealArtist_Y Record, and you happen to have demos, post 'em! Who gives a crap if any of us will get fired for it heh

Hope this turns into a huge thread were everybody will realize that you do can turn a mediocre song into a hit if the production is great!
quietdrive....like the band maybe?

Anyway...I used to have the demo version of Story of the Year's "Until the Day I Die," but I don't any more. It didn't have all the crazy John Feldmann stuff in it like bass drops and filters and stuff like that every 5 seconds.

But I didn't work on it, of course. I just downloaded it, hah. Someone should search for it on Limewire, I'm sure its still on there.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I got the original demos of all of the neptunes tracks before they had artists on them (missy, jay z etc.). They sound strait off the keyboard. mad ghetto. its cool to hear how cheezy synth lines became vocal melodies and how other sounds were swapped out. its got like 50 tracks on it.
gotta love philly cd pedalers
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchcraft ➑️
I got the original demos of all of the neptunes tracks before they had artists on them (missy, jay z etc.). They sound strait off the keyboard. mad ghetto. its cool to hear how cheezy synth lines became vocal melodies and how other sounds were swapped out. its got like 50 tracks on it.
gotta love philly cd pedalers
Great.. upload them.. thats what the thread is supposed to be all about!
mds
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Isn't it Sk8r Boi? ahahahahahaha!

Say whatchay want, thats a catchy freakin chorus...the bridge on the otherhand...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Wow he smashed the hell outa those drums. Sure is punchy though
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
This is a fantastic idea for a thread... unfortunately, I can't see many people posting songs. Worth a try though.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have a copy of the last Jimmy Eat World record, it was a 2-disc set that included demos of all the tracks on one CD. Of course, it was mastered, but it's interesting to hear. I'll see if I can find it and post a track or two...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I've got an Alice In Chains disc before it got sent to the squashing/mastering house....
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkyTart ➑️
I've got an Alice In Chains disc before it got sent to the squashing/mastering house....
PLEASE POST!! I love Alice In Chains. (or send in PM)
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Somewhere on this site (I looked but I can't find it again) was an Ozzie demo (not really a demo but more of a pre-master) of Perry Mason. Oh, here we go...

https://gearspace.com/board/showthre...ht=perry+mason
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by djui5 ➑️
PLEASE POST!! I love Alice In Chains. (or send in PM)
Roger that! I also love Alice in Chains and would love to hear that. thumbsup
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Here's the demo of Pain, from their Futures CD. This double CD is interesting. I know the guys from J.E.W., but haven't talked to them in a while. They have their own studio, where they did this demo. It sounds good, and not terribly far off from the final version, though you definitely hear that the drums sound much less polished and processed.

http://suitcaserecordings.com/JEWPainDemo.mp3

(This is for educational purposes only, I'll remove it if anyone sees reason to complain...)
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
People, please.

Do educate me. This is a FANTASTIC learning ground.

I will love you forever for this material.

Just got the "Music Bank - the videos" - by Alice In Chains, so here is another Alice craver for those files !!!

Yes. Learn. What better than this !? Pre-mastered stuff, rough mixes, demos ...

You cannot imagine how I LOVE this thread.

Come on, people from this board already posted Led Zepplin rehearsing!! There is ALOT of tape in many people vaults. Bring them on! Share the love. It's not like they are going to spread and damage the artist. We are a small community, and I'd like to think that at least 95% of us know what this is "all" about, the effort, the time spent, actually how hard it is to make it out there...

C'mon... dont let these tapes rot away and fade magnetically with time...

imortalize them... here is your chance!

ok, I tried... I'll shut up now

Last edited by Big_Bang; 10th January 2007 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: typo...
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
one of these day im gonna make a killer record an you are all gonna droollllllllllll lolfuuck
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
OK GUYS.. here's a killer...

a VERY VERY old demo of the Matchbox Twenty song "3 AM". This was recorded around '93-94 and is from the Tabitha Secret days, which was the name of the band Rob, Paul and Brian were in before they started Matchbox Twenty.

Pay attention to the annoying Reverb.. and yes.. PRE autotune and melodyne era. You can HEAR IT heh

Enjoy!

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.ph...o&file=3AM.mp3
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
OK GUYS.. here's a killer...

a VERY VERY old demo of the Matchbox Twenty song "3 AM". This was recorded around '93-94 and is from the Tabitha Secret days, which was the name of the band Rob, Paul and Brian were in before they started Matchbox Twenty.

Pay attention to the annoying Reverb.. and yes.. PRE autotune and melodyne era. You can HEAR IT heh

Enjoy!

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.ph...o&file=3AM.mp3
Very cool, thank you for posting it!
Old 11th January 2007 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerHunter ➑️
Very cool, thank you for posting it!
NP

I just wish more people would post songs, instead of just talking about how they have or used to have a demo of song_xy....
Old 11th January 2007 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
wow. that was awesome.
πŸ“ Reply