The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Grace m902 should i get one?
Old 7th January 2007
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Grace m902 should i get one?

I have 2 lavry black da10's. I was wonder if this gace would be good pice to add. Since it looks like the converter prob isnt as good as the lavry, but im sure the headphone amp is much better than one in the lavry. hmm lets talk
Old 7th January 2007
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
The short answer is... if you want to listen to music on headphones... you owe it to yourself to have one of these.

The converter is very very good. I have the 906 which has the same converter.

I like the the DA10 for listening. It is probably my choice of converter at the moment for listening. For the studio I am still using the 906 as my reference but often find myelf listening to my Mytek 8x192 ADDA which I think is one of the best DtoA I have heard... amazingly solid imaging.

but any back to the 902 headphone amp. It has this funky cross feed (fully adjustable or turn offable if you need to...) that does a very very good job of providing you the feeling that you are listening to a set of monitors instead of headphones. Unfortunately the 904 and 906 don't have this feature which is a little dissatisfying given the outlay... but they are still worth having)

Anyway... the 902 is flat out the best experience I have had listening through headphones and not by a little bit. Its enough of a difference that has me very happy to sit and listen to things on headphones versus not wanting to do that pretty much at all without it.

get one.
📝 Reply