The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Sweetwater
Options 2nd Hand Guitars & Backline
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Ok boys, I know your gear addiction and quest for the perfect tone trickles down to your floor gear. Let's see what you got. I'll...

Stratgirl
replies: 2,694 views: 934,972
Sascha Franck 15 hours ago

Here are some links to threads which are very good and a useful & informative read! Check 'em out to broaden your...

Whitecat
replies: 20 views: 54,490
G650 3 weeks ago

Going to have to take a zero-tolerance one-strike approach on this stuff because some of you guys just can't seem to stay out of...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 22,670
Whitecat 24th February 2020

According to this article, most beginners abandon within a year: https://www.guitarinsideout.com/guitar-industry-statistics/ As...

time_zone
replies: 187 views: 3,863
marba 1 hour ago

Guitar cabinet impulse responses are a great way to get an amazing guitar tone. But do they really sound like the original? I've...

forwardaudio
replies: 1,016 views: 46,279
Yuri Kogan 2 hours ago

Amp/cab sim does not sound like the real thing to my ears. That does not mean it sounds bad, actually i think the sounds are...

Guitarrista
replies: 53 views: 5,646
Ahol09 4 hours ago

Late '70s early '80s Fernandes/Burny Bass (Japan). This one I'm setting up for smoother styles and low string noise playing. I...

Gruner
replies: 0 views: 35
Gruner 8 hours ago

Hi everyone, I need tips from people who have experience with pickup systems in the studio. I'm the "classic"...

Marcus89
replies: 15 views: 293
John Eppstein 12 hours ago

There is just something about that axe that draws me in. Anybody play or own one? What do you think or are they just hipster...

Telecruiser
replies: 53 views: 8,427
nitrateaudio 13 hours ago

The owner of our company passed away from Covid. His family is asking me to sell this 6-string bass. I know it is a high-end bass...

Eric Shults
replies: 9 views: 69
Eric Shults 14 hours ago

One thing that attracts guitarists to valve amps is that when you crank the amp loud enough, you get that amazing 'power amp...

nksoloproject
replies: 121 views: 2,620
Trashman 22 hours ago

So, I am looking for a low wattage combo amp for suitable for home recording and jamming out in a practice room. between 2 and 10...

stylesforfree
replies: 1 views: 62
enorbet2 1 day ago

Hi people, so, I am getting into amps. I’ve had an Orange AD30TC combo for many years and I’ve always just plugged in and...

Flammable
replies: 2 views: 80
enorbet2 1 day ago

Hi! 2 questions... I wanna put a 'bucker in the bridge position of my mustang (they have dedicated slider switches for each...

merseymale
replies: 20 views: 963
enorbet2 1 day ago

Hi folks I've got a nicer bass that I keep in the studio. Not much of a player myself, but it's been very helpful for writing...

themiracle
replies: 19 views: 537
themiracle 1 day ago

Just bought an se silver sky, I love the playability. My question is, the pickup don't have that vintage Strat bell like tone. So...

Dtray187
replies: 16 views: 561
STLBrad 1 day ago

What is happening: I recently moved to a new house that was built in the 50s and is also close to some high voltage power...

_starbelly
replies: 564 views: 28,679
_starbelly 1 day ago

Just saw this video. Kinda crazy how a 4x10 out of plastic actually stands up to a marshall with Vintage 30s. Neat...

Harpo.Funknasti
replies: 3 views: 131
John Eppstein 1 day ago

Got an Ibanez RG121, and bought a set of Dr Strings DDT-11-54s. Managed to get the top E to tune but it was extremely taut. Tried...

Harlowe Thrombey
replies: 14 views: 293
noah330 2 days ago

I'll get to the pickup bit but first some context. So normally I'm a traditionalist when it comes to guitars (Fender...

Clash
replies: 1 views: 2,676
J_Gervasi 3 days ago

Brazos Electric Guitar I have owned since the early 90's. I am guessing it was built in the mid to late 80s. I have been told it...

Ken C
replies: 0 views: 51
Ken C 3 days ago

Hello all, I have spent years lugging around my Fender DR to be mic'd during gigs. Some venues nowadays are requiring that...

jmtrujillo
replies: 20 views: 578
Sascha Franck 3 days ago

I'm wondering who you think is the best guitarist in the world, and why? It's difficult but it's got to be between players like...

nksoloproject
replies: 221 views: 9,706
CupcakeKitten 3 days ago

Hi, does it make sense to buy and modify the inductor of this cry baby from late 80? maybe throw it in a Sabbadius?

jacotzen
replies: 3 views: 87
MAXX VADA 3 days ago

There is a lot of debate about modellers vs real guitar amps, but before modellers it was the valve amps vs transistor amps...

nksoloproject
replies: 73 views: 1,935
lame pseudonym 4 days ago

hey guys... this might be a borderline obscure/open ended question but here goes... i play a japanese squier venus,...

stratney
replies: 7 views: 4,535
studentofplato 5 days ago

Hey everyone! I'm a drummer :-) But I am also playing guitar and composing music mainly in a postrock/soundtrack/alt rock...

richmillindrums
replies: 17 views: 593
lame pseudonym 6 days ago

I have an 80's Japanese Strat with the Fender logo Floyd Rose tremolo. The intonation isn't horribly off, but it is flat on...

jonljacobi
replies: 35 views: 878
gixertrix 6 days ago

Having never picked up a guitar in my life I know nothing about them, except I really dig the 70s funk bass sound. I have a...

TobiasSounDesign
replies: 77 views: 1,546
Herzton 6 days ago

Looking for a good chair to do recording on my DAW AND also one the you can flip up the arms and comfortably play guitar. Good...

fuzzblaster
replies: 6 views: 284
JBVN 1 week ago

Hello! I’ve been playing the classical flute for six years now, and would like to try the Irish flute. Are there in major...

Gihobert
replies: 7 views: 244
Horbetiz 1 week ago

Hey all- I have a cheap jasmin acoustic in the studio and I want to set it up for really aggressive picking- mostly power...

RyanC
replies: 41 views: 1,382
brotastic 1 week ago

Wondering what brand these mics are - see...

mcgilroy
replies: 1 views: 108
Peller 1 week ago

Looking to go the Marshall route for getting some chunky doom tones - think early Sabbath, The Obsessed, Electric Wizard, Sunn...

Sonicbeaver
replies: 25 views: 515
G650 1 week ago

Hi I'm looking for a 500 Series Opto Compressor capable of producing the best bass tones in the recording studio. I narrowed my...

evgeny
replies: 17 views: 4,541
Gruner 1 week ago

Thinking about bying one of these just for a fun fx on stage, but interested if anyone here have tried these guitars? I probably...

domus
replies: 1 views: 82
John Eppstein 1 week ago

I was watching an old Star Licks video from Steve Lukather of Toto, which came out about 1985 I believe. At the start of the...

nksoloproject
replies: 12 views: 379
John Eppstein 1 week ago

I've been researching a topic I never thought of before.....nitro vs poly. Random observations re: refinishing a 1967 electric...

thenoodle
replies: 21 views: 435
Brent Hahn 1 week ago

Hello everyone, Just joined here for some advice and ideas. I play guitar and also have an interest in synths and DIY...

itsjustausername
replies: 0 views: 23
itsjustausername 1 week ago

Hi guys, I need advice as to what type of fuzz could be used in these songs. If it's even a fuzz pedal or could it be overdrive/...

Sodaonthebeat
replies: 5 views: 156
John Eppstein 1 week ago

Hi, After years of servicing, it seems like my beloved Micro POG has decided to die quietly. No more sound passing thru, no...

blasted_pingin
replies: 2 views: 184
baranger1 1 week ago

Hi guys! im struggling trying to recreate this kind of distortion in my bass, any thoughs ?Thanks...

Jwitb
replies: 25 views: 405
Gruner 1 week ago

I've got a Mooer GE300 amp modeller/effects unit, and for every amp model it also allows you to choose the type of tube (or...

nksoloproject
replies: 14 views: 334
AfterViewer 1 week ago

Alright so I have a Mooer GE300 amp modelling/effects unit which I recently bought. I've used real guitar amps/effects in the...

nksoloproject
replies: 6 views: 276
grannis 1 week ago

Ok I'm venturing into valve amp head territory after mainly recording direct with software modellers. I've decided to stick with...

jeebles
replies: 15 views: 378
gixertrix 2 weeks ago

Hello, and thanks for reading my post. I have a strange electric noise coming from my amp, ONLY at my studio building...

PossessionMelodi
replies: 8 views: 268
John Eppstein 2 weeks ago

So currently, I'm using a Marshall CODE. I love most of the sounds, but didn't until I created my own presets. I almost returned...

jonljacobi
replies: 3 views: 117
jonljacobi 2 weeks ago

I've recently got a Mooer GE300 amp modelling/effects unit and have been experimenting with the different amps and cabs on it. I...

nksoloproject
replies: 2 views: 114

I've been looking into guitar amp stands and I've noticed that most of the ones of the market seem to be really low down, between...

nksoloproject
replies: 11 views: 344

Hello all! I'd like to get some assistance before I modify this vintage piece of equipment. I've seen a lot of people talk...

awgearhart
replies: 4 views: 205

Just wondering ... after seeing the horrendously high prices of Gibson guitars (as compared to Fender guitars). A good mid range...

time_zone
replies: 219 views: 6,303
kennybro 2 weeks ago

I recently acquired 2 guitars (see pics). I did a little research and question a few musician friends about them. The results...

Jowiser
replies: 19 views: 905
kennybro 2 weeks ago

Right now my gigging amp is a Fender Rumble 100, the earlier kind with the fuzzy exterior and a 15. It's great, but beat-up...

Brent Hahn
replies: 14 views: 424
kennybro 2 weeks ago

Moderators