The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Sweetwater
Options 2nd Hand Guitars & Backline
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Ok boys, I know your gear addiction and quest for the perfect tone trickles down to your floor gear. Let's see what you got. I'll...

Stratgirl
replies: 2,702 views: 940,412
elambo 12 hours ago

Going to have to take a zero-tolerance one-strike approach on this stuff because some of you guys just can't seem to stay out of...

Whitecat
replies: 1 views: 23,434
Whitecat 17th October 2022

Here are some links to threads which are very good and a useful & informative read! Check 'em out to broaden your...

Whitecat
replies: 20 views: 55,015
G650 13th September 2022

I've owned several guitars with a Floyd Rose locking trem/lock nut on them. One I have now is a Washburn KC-40v, which is from...

nksoloproject
replies: 3 views: 59
nksoloproject 19 minutes ago

Hey everybody, I'm working on a bigger transcription project right now and cannot hear, for the life of me, what instrument Roy...

EA1982
replies: 12 views: 298
AnthonyG 58 minutes ago

Thinking of rewiring to 50s wiring on my Les Paul and have a quick question... With modern wiring on a Les Paul, one of the...

Sonicbeaver
replies: 9 views: 286
enorbet2 9 hours ago

1x12 vs/ 2x10 Poll OK I'm sort of restoring an early Blackface Deluxe Reverb. I say sort of because it isn't now nor likely...

enorbet2
replies: 81 views: 1,669
enorbet2 9 hours ago

Hello all... Just picked up a Soft Focus and it is FANTASTIC. Surprisingly I'm enjoying it more than my Slo and Darkstar! ...

marcgood
replies: 0 views: 39
marcgood 12 hours ago

Wondering if anyone is using EZ Bass for live performance. If there isn't a serious latency problem, it would be cool to use the...

BerkeleyBernie
replies: 0 views: 39
BerkeleyBernie 14 hours ago

Beware ... sort of ranting below .... :cop: Looking at the abundance of turbo-charged FX boxes for guitars (Eventide H90,...

time_zone
replies: 133 views: 4,388
12ax7 15 hours ago

Hi folks, First thread here :) Trying to figure out what pedal are in this pic, would you help me find it ?rockout Any idea is...

Rone75
replies: 5 views: 360
Rone75 18 hours ago

I am looking for advice for tracking fairly loud clean guitars in the same room I am recording. Even with headphones on and a...

Timmy S
replies: 30 views: 915
norbury brook 18 hours ago

Updated - Added another song - post #9 - Will add a few more as time permits. *In context* Amp Sims And Mic'd Amp compared...

RGJ22
replies: 15 views: 361
Sascha Franck 22 hours ago

Any recommendations for a combined tremolo/reverb? Trying to save a plug from my power supply and ditching separate tremolo and...

Mike7300
replies: 7 views: 256
Sascha Franck 1 day ago

Hey all, I’ve been experiencing some really abhorrent resonance issues with my fender princeton amp (AA1164), particularly on...

Maxmax77
replies: 8 views: 232
Maxmax77 1 day ago

Hello everyone, hoping someone can help me out with a situation, I’m using a RC600 looper and the way I have it setup is that...

Tessic
replies: 1 views: 96
John Eppstein 1 day ago

I'm playing a few different 6 string basses, but the odd one of the bunch has a thinner neck/bridge then standard. On this bass,...

geddydawg
replies: 6 views: 230
markmann 1 day ago

Wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on what this guitar tone is? Is it DI into a board or did they use amps and...

nitrateaudio
replies: 8 views: 273
telecode 1 day ago

So I still miss my Fullerton '57 reissue Strat , but so far I haven't figured out how to replace it. I was thinking about having...

audioforce
replies: 158 views: 7,220
Fab Gear 2 days ago

Hi, I've got a vintage echoplex, it's the Solid State model. It has some info on the inside of the case lid but I don't...

Atlanta Bliss
replies: 5 views: 164
enorbet2 2 days ago

(Supposing of course, that you don't play equally both). Is this a deliberate choice, a result of circumstances, no reason at all...

time_zone
replies: 98 views: 2,857
Farshark 5 2 days ago

I have seen many of these practice amps compared....but not these two. Seems odd since they are the ones in the same price range....

fuzzblaster
replies: 5 views: 253
loziodavid 2 days ago

Hi there, I just ordered a thin line tele body and neck from Warmoth, and am planning to put a TV Jones Classic+ in the...

mjake03
replies: 9 views: 203
stratercaster 3 days ago

Just saw the comparison below and I still think Fender sounds better or at least it sounds the way I imagine a strat should...

brmusician
replies: 36 views: 2,981
ExPorts 3 days ago

Hi guys, I am looking for advice for a humbucker pickup. I am mainly playing indie rock/punk rock, but not with a lot of...

lagwagon06
replies: 10 views: 540
ExPorts 3 days ago

I have a fender strat and an acoustic/electric guitar which I believe has active pickups. Would both of these instruments be...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 5 views: 6,847
John Eppstein 3 days ago

Thought I should start a thread about something like this. I originally had a TLM 103 accompanied with the 57 but took it...

Jason Poulin
replies: 864 views: 341,121
FFTT 3 days ago

After some ideas.... Started a 2 piece side project - drums and guitar. Can't make a lot of noise due to neighbours but...

Shawnobi
replies: 7 views: 217
Shawnobi 3 days ago

Hello guys, i'm looking to buy my first electric guitar to use for Rnb Neo Soul. My budget is 150 -300$ . What would you suggest...

giogot
replies: 9 views: 306
Gruner 3 days ago

I find impressive this guy who after falling while playing, keeps cool, recovers his composure, and resume playing. I wonder the...

time_zone
replies: 10 views: 329
kennybro 4 days ago

Hello out there. I am trying to implement this old boss reverb unit in my workflow as a send effect through pro tools. I´m...

Thorbjoern
replies: 0 views: 59
Thorbjoern 4 days ago

Hi all, I am after some advice for an elegant solution to my situation. Long story short, I have blown the dust off my guitar...

Doogie Howser
replies: 127 views: 3,457
AfterViewer 4 days ago

I’m looking for a strat like tremolo that will (after some serious woodworking) replace the Floyd rose that I never managed to...

Ninecows
replies: 17 views: 336
pencilextremist 4 days ago

Hi! I know this is a big topic and I know how to record and mix guitars for real with amps and mics, but my problem is that I...

Pipeline
replies: 31 views: 755
RBHan 5 days ago

Hello, I have this noise in my fender pro junio IV that comes mostly when playing lower strings. I cant tell what it is...ive...

noisebleed
replies: 4 views: 137
John Eppstein 5 days ago

anyone have a spare GK 100 mpl laying around collecting dust? I need it for parts and will pay $150-200 if you're not using...

robotchicken
replies: 0 views: 66
robotchicken 5 days ago

I'm not a guitarist, I'm a piano and drum set player turned mix engineer. I can play chords on a guitar, some solo melodic lines...

ozonepaul
replies: 2 views: 158
ozonepaul 6 days ago

I just recently purchased an HX Stomp, and the Eventide H90 just came out. However, I couldn't find a video of anyone comparing...

idimata
replies: 16 views: 880
Moonwhistle 6 days ago

I'm in LA. I have a new Warmoth neck with ouchy fret ends. I've been to Tina at Amp Shop and she's great but the Amp Shop guys...

Brent Hahn
replies: 11 views: 420
Brent Hahn 6 days ago

What is happening: I recently moved to a new house that was built in the 50s and is also close to some high voltage power...

_starbelly
replies: 585 views: 30,998
John Eppstein 1 week ago

Alrighty, so I picked up an old Bassman 2x15 cab. It says its got 8ohm speakers and the cab runs at 4ohms. My head won't do...

Rob_Feature
replies: 8 views: 207
enorbet2 1 week ago

Here's a very interesting article (heavy tech) that touches on why and how capacitor choice can affect circuit distortion and...

John Eppstein
replies: 2 views: 160
enorbet2 1 week ago

I'm sure most of you (okay at least 50% of you) agree that nothing replaces a real amp when it comes to tone and feel. But not...

dfghdhr
replies: 92 views: 2,260
loziodavid 1 week ago

Easy on the eyes as well.

AnthonyG
replies: 7 views: 782
John Eppstein 1 week ago

Hello, I need your help on how I could reach this tone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO_B8bBv5sM I'm not a guitarist but...

giogot
replies: 12 views: 316
enorbet2 1 week ago

As I've been looking around at tremolo stops, I thought I'd share what I've done over the years without them. A couple of...

jonljacobi
replies: 3 views: 157
jonljacobi 1 week ago

Hey folks I bought an amp some years ago. Since I own it, I was never really sure if the overdrive is the way it has to. I...

raketenmann
replies: 20 views: 463
John Eppstein 1 week ago

I got one of these a little while back, but haven’t been able to find a case that actually fits it. The most information I’ve...

Aussieyankee
replies: 1 views: 115
John Eppstein 1 week ago

I love the sound of the old melody maker PU380 and would love to get my hands on one without spending 3k on the whole guitar.....

illblood
replies: 2 views: 136
John Eppstein 1 week ago

Anyone out there have one? I just got one ,really enjoying the unit. The so far weakest points are cabs and lack of reverbs....

zacbarnes26
replies: 1 views: 285
river of blues 1 week ago

Question for guitarists/bassists who play an instrument with a wax finish, one that requires routine re-application of...

Bob Ross
replies: 1 views: 99
enorbet2 1 week ago

Hi there Loopler experts. I am testing the beebo. Can Loopler put a stereo loop between Inputs / Outputs 1 & 2 and a mono...

brutze
replies: 0 views: 73
brutze 1 week ago

I purchased a Mesa Boogie California 40 amp head about 6 weeks ago. However, due to some health issues (my family and myself), I...

MusiquedeReve
replies: 6 views: 215
John Eppstein 1 week ago

Moderators