The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Sweetwater
Options 2nd Hand Guitars & Backline
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Ok boys, I know your gear addiction and quest for the perfect tone trickles down to your floor gear. Let's see what you got. I'll...

Stratgirl
replies: 2,710 views: 953,546
D_T_Music 20th December 2022

Going to have to take a zero-tolerance one-strike approach on this stuff because some of you guys just can't seem to stay out of...

Whitecat
replies: 1 views: 25,699
Whitecat 17th October 2022

Here are some links to threads which are very good and a useful & informative read! Check 'em out to broaden your...

Whitecat
replies: 20 views: 57,205
G650 13th September 2022

Compare with electronic music (cf the electronic gear section here): hardly ever are amps and speakers discussed or analysed in...

time_zone
replies: 139 views: 2,387
Snorktop 1 hour ago

I'm trying to wrap my head around who uses digital modelling combos, which models, and what for. If you just don't like...

grannis
replies: 89 views: 1,879
thenoodle 2 hours ago

My current situation does not permit me cranking a tube amp on 11 and I'm primarily a bassist who's never been offended by...

Gordon
replies: 11 views: 455
RyanM 2 hours ago

Is there a complete book covering all layouts, extra options- detailing pros / cons? I have a 2007 PRS SE Standard black matte....

rbbrchckn
replies: 13 views: 481
markmann 2 hours ago

I know Beato can be a bit marmite,but Tim is a legend. Thought this was not only interesting but relevant to a lot of the...

stratercaster
replies: 2 views: 65
stratercaster 3 hours ago

Any recommendations for a combined tremolo/reverb? Trying to save a plug from my power supply and ditching separate tremolo and...

Mike7300
replies: 27 views: 816
pencilextremist 3 hours ago

Hi, sorry for the long title. Just a lot of questions. I want to capture a couple of acoustic guitars and Uke IR's to put in...

Bboy
replies: 5 views: 216
Tnevz 5 hours ago

I was lucky to buy a dead Peavey 19" rack Digital Effects Processor 1300 from 1984. It is basically the precursor of the...

Blue280z
replies: 7 views: 304
nitrateaudio 8 hours ago

Hello everyone. I've been producing electronic music for almost 20 years but recently I decided to experiment with electric...

shrine
replies: 5 views: 181
shrine 12 hours ago

I’d nominate the 59 Fender Bassman or Marshall 1959 Plexi. What ‘all reckon? ADDENDUM: Can't believe I have to say...

Chevron
replies: 300 views: 7,635
enorbet2 13 hours ago

It seems like Emery is no longer selling these. http://www.emerysound.com/10%22Cab.jpg Is there an alternative? I like...

Travis Picker
replies: 13 views: 392
enorbet2 14 hours ago

I'm doing some mods to a Fender Champ that could use a push-pull pot to control them rather than drill a hole in the back and...

craymcla
replies: 10 views: 262
enorbet2 14 hours ago

I just bought a 1981 JC120. I have had a few of these before but earlier 70’s models. This one is distorting anywhere from 2...

Moonwhistle
replies: 0 views: 70
Moonwhistle 20 hours ago

So I have a around 250$ acustic guitar. Its ok. Good tuning and intonation. But its very middy and nasal in the sound. When...

mattias78
replies: 59 views: 1,291
mattias78 1 day ago

I'm planning to mod my late 70's Champ to switch off the tone stack, along with one or two other mods I'd like to make...

craymcla
replies: 25 views: 474
John Eppstein 1 day ago

History: I purchased a Deluxe Electric Mistress pedal locally a few years ago and it was very hissy-sounding. I put it away and...

Blue280z
replies: 2 views: 145
jazzcabbage 1 day ago

YO! I've recorded a shootout between all of my mics. Some choices here aren't necessarily "good" microphone...

H13
replies: 24 views: 847
Mario-C. 1 day ago

A curious thing happened to me the other day. I was about to record some acoustic guitar for a song, and was trying to decide the...

grannis
replies: 38 views: 1,161
John Eppstein 2 days ago

Thought I should start a thread about something like this. I originally had a TLM 103 accompanied with the 57 but took it...

Jason Poulin
replies: 867 views: 342,429
Simma Lugnt 2 days ago

So about a year ago I'm on a gig and mid-song, for the millionth time, the strap lets go. It's an old skinny leather Fender...

Brent Hahn
replies: 117 views: 3,150
John Eppstein 3 days ago

Hii, I leave you this video that I made comparing 3 Suhr guitars: Classic Pro (strat), Classic T Deluxe (tele) and the Modern...

FranB
replies: 1 views: 141
elbonzoseco 3 days ago

It's a Marshall valve combo and sounds amazing but when I use the audio input for the rhythm track it sounds dull and it's off...

bruvvamoff
replies: 6 views: 246
John Eppstein 4 days ago

I'm pretty surprised that this software hasn't blown up in popularity overnight. It's probably because of all the amp modelers...

PantherNY
replies: 236 views: 9,312
Peter - IK 4 days ago

Hello friendlies My Bongo’s signal is generally too hot I love my Stingray 9v I fancy trying a Special with 18v Any...

BassBeast
replies: 3 views: 184
John Eppstein 4 days ago

Hi all, Are there any Slutz out there who know how one might make this nasty lead guitar tone? It gets particularly bug eyed...

arsonculture
replies: 21 views: 3,660
BottleJab 4 days ago

I just acquired a pair of Demeter Iso Cabs. https://www.demeteramps.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=69 One...

joejnyc
replies: 1 views: 191
andyfreeman 5 days ago

I did a bit of digging and the Chorus Intensity Mod is not documented well so I made an E-Z "1-pager". I have also...

Blue280z
replies: 8 views: 378
Blue280z 5 days ago

What's Happened to StewMac's Website? Everything seems to be working properly, except for "Add to Cart" or...

12ax7
replies: 3 views: 380
12ax7 5 days ago

I have seen many of these practice amps compared....but not these two. Seems odd since they are the ones in the same price range....

fuzzblaster
replies: 6 views: 921
fuzzblaster 5 days ago

Power amps is new for me, and I would love to learn more about it. I'd appreciate if someone can explain this scenario for...

rutherlist
replies: 34 views: 477
enorbet2 6 days ago

A while back, I was going to buy a Super Bassman for the studio for guitar, bass, pedal steel. Changed my mind, bought a...

thenoodle
replies: 6 views: 319
John Eppstein 1 week ago

Howdy, Thought I would share a fix for a sick Roland Jazz Chorus 77. The PO must have killed the Reverb receive Op-amp as...

Blue280z
replies: 6 views: 134
Blue280z 1 week ago

I have a Marshall DSL 1 amp head, which has been working well for me. I mostly use it for homemade music production as I don't...

idaho
replies: 4 views: 254
Gruner 1 week ago

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but do Seymour-Duncan P90s really sound like the vintage (and very, very expensive)...

Fab4Rules
replies: 18 views: 2,610
John Eppstein 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I break my head searching for intel about this Vox JMI amp but i failed, so im coming for your help. It...

Patpreacher
replies: 5 views: 277
John Eppstein 1 week ago

I bought this wonderful vintage Hoyer that someone had replaced the original pickups. They are gold, worn and sound quite good in...

urbanopolis
replies: 20 views: 762
John Eppstein 1 week ago

I find impressive this guy who after falling while playing, keeps cool, recovers his composure, and resume playing. I wonder the...

time_zone
replies: 30 views: 944
time_zone 1 week ago

Hey, I've got way too much noise going on the pedalboard and I can't seem to figure out why. Any help please? Here's my...

Gggg
replies: 3 views: 280
nedorama 1 week ago

Hey guys, i just created an account here because i found that this is the best place related to gear. I’ve been trying to...

joaopedro
replies: 0 views: 93
joaopedro 1 week ago

In response to certain people trying to spread misinformation on this site, I wm writing this. This is a technical, factual...

Snorktop
replies: 142 views: 3,144
psycho_monkey 1 week ago

Hi! I know this is a big topic and I know how to record and mix guitars for real with amps and mics, but my problem is that I...

Pipeline
replies: 71 views: 2,335
Sascha Franck 1 week ago

Hi, I recently rewired my pedalboard from scratch, made costume length cables using sp400 connectors and mogami 2319. I'm...

zhecksome
replies: 9 views: 293
zhecksome 1 week ago

Just bought an se silver sky, I love the playability. My question is, the pickup don't have that vintage Strat bell like tone. So...

Dtray187
replies: 23 views: 1,396
John Eppstein 1 week ago

1x12 vs/ 2x10 Poll OK I'm sort of restoring an early Blackface Deluxe Reverb. I say sort of because it isn't now nor likely...

enorbet2
replies: 119 views: 3,723
enorbet2 1 week ago

I'm noticing a distinct lack of useful cables for adding in a Walrus Julianna to a stereo setup. I usually avoid pedals with the...

vitocorleone123
replies: 1 views: 122
John Eppstein 1 week ago

JUST received this from Sweetwater this morning. I took it out of the box and immediately saw this on the back of the neck. ...

McHale
replies: 9 views: 367
McHale 1 week ago

I've got a Fender Vintage II Stratocaster Fiesta Red Left-Handed on order, but it's taking forever. Other retailers also seem to...

VonNaphoven
replies: 4 views: 205
kslight 2 weeks ago

I'm replacing some resistors and capacitors on my Silverface Champ. It's the first time I've worked with a point-to-point circuit...

craymcla
replies: 4 views: 223
enorbet2 2 weeks ago

Back in the 70's, JB used to take a line out from the back of a small Fender into a larger stage amp, ie. this BBA photo (see low...

Talpa
replies: 6 views: 423
enorbet2 2 weeks ago

Greetings oh wise ones of the gear space forums, I recently got a strong urge to go stereo with my Akira-like analog guitar rig....

DPCMorgan
replies: 1 views: 116
decocco 2 weeks ago

Moderators