The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Sweetwater
Options 2nd Hand Guitars & Backline
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Ok boys, I know your gear addiction and quest for the perfect tone trickles down to your floor gear. Let's see what you got. I'll...

Stratgirl
replies: 2,710 views: 951,752
D_T_Music 20th December 2022

Going to have to take a zero-tolerance one-strike approach on this stuff because some of you guys just can't seem to stay out of...

Whitecat
replies: 1 views: 25,354
Whitecat 17th October 2022

Here are some links to threads which are very good and a useful & informative read! Check 'em out to broaden your...

Whitecat
replies: 20 views: 56,871
G650 13th September 2022

I'm pretty surprised that this software hasn't blown up in popularity overnight. It's probably because of all the amp modelers...

PantherNY
replies: 224 views: 8,065
elbonzoseco 27 minutes ago

I’d nominate the 59 Fender Bassman or Marshall 1959 Plexi. What ‘all reckon?

Chevron
replies: 160 views: 4,035
grannis 1 hour ago

I'm trying to wrap my head around who uses digital modelling combos, which models, and what for. If you just don't like...

grannis
replies: 18 views: 462
grannis 1 hour ago

YO! I've recorded a shootout between all of my mics. Some choices here aren't necessarily "good" microphone...

H13
replies: 0 views: 63
H13 8 hours ago

I have a Marshall DSL 1 amp head, which has been working well for me. I mostly use it for homemade music production as I don't...

idaho
replies: 4 views: 218
Gruner 9 hours ago

It seems like Emery is no longer selling these. http://www.emerysound.com/10%22Cab.jpg Is there an alternative? I like...

Travis Picker
replies: 5 views: 226
pencilextremist 13 hours ago

Hello friendlies My Bongo’s signal is generally too hot I love my Stingray 9v I fancy trying a Special with 18v Any...

BassBeast
replies: 0 views: 48
BassBeast 14 hours ago

A curious thing happened to me the other day. I was about to record some acoustic guitar for a song, and was trying to decide the...

grannis
replies: 22 views: 627
BottleJab 15 hours ago

A while back, I was going to buy a Super Bassman for the studio for guitar, bass, pedal steel. Changed my mind, bought a...

thenoodle
replies: 4 views: 205
John Eppstein 16 hours ago

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but do Seymour-Duncan P90s really sound like the vintage (and very, very expensive)...

Fab4Rules
replies: 18 views: 2,521
John Eppstein 16 hours ago

Hello everyone, I break my head searching for intel about this Vox JMI amp but i failed, so im coming for your help. It...

Patpreacher
replies: 5 views: 228
John Eppstein 17 hours ago

Howdy, Thought I would share a fix for a sick Roland Jazz Chorus 77. The PO must have killed the Reverb receive Op-amp as...

Blue280z
replies: 5 views: 58
Blue280z 17 hours ago

I bought this wonderful vintage Hoyer that someone had replaced the original pickups. They are gold, worn and sound quite good in...

urbanopolis
replies: 20 views: 739
John Eppstein 17 hours ago

Power amps is new for me, and I would love to learn more about it. I'd appreciate if someone can explain this scenario for...

rutherlist
replies: 29 views: 317
Yuri Kogan 1 day ago

I find impressive this guy who after falling while playing, keeps cool, recovers his composure, and resume playing. I wonder the...

time_zone
replies: 30 views: 879
time_zone 1 day ago

Hey, I've got way too much noise going on the pedalboard and I can't seem to figure out why. Any help please? Here's my...

Gggg
replies: 3 views: 245
nedorama 2 days ago

It's a Marshall valve combo and sounds amazing but when I use the audio input for the rhythm track it sounds dull and it's off...

bruvvamoff
replies: 2 views: 108
Scragend 2 days ago

I did a bit of digging and the Chorus Intensity Mod is not documented well so I made an E-Z "1-pager". I have also...

Blue280z
replies: 7 views: 322
Moonwhistle 2 days ago

So about a year ago I'm on a gig and mid-song, for the millionth time, the strap lets go. It's an old skinny leather Fender...

Brent Hahn
replies: 108 views: 2,872
Brent Hahn 2 days ago

So I have a around 250$ acustic guitar. Its ok. Good tuning and intonation. But its very middy and nasal in the sound. When...

mattias78
replies: 54 views: 1,141
Yuri Kogan 3 days ago

Hey guys, i just created an account here because i found that this is the best place related to gear. I’ve been trying to...

joaopedro
replies: 0 views: 73
joaopedro 3 days ago

In response to certain people trying to spread misinformation on this site, I wm writing this. This is a technical, factual...

Snorktop
replies: 142 views: 2,947
psycho_monkey 3 days ago

Is there a complete book covering all layouts, extra options- detailing pros / cons? I have a 2007 PRS SE Standard black matte....

rbbrchckn
replies: 10 views: 427
rbbrchckn 3 days ago

Hi! I know this is a big topic and I know how to record and mix guitars for real with amps and mics, but my problem is that I...

Pipeline
replies: 71 views: 2,210
Sascha Franck 3 days ago

My current situation does not permit me cranking a tube amp on 11 and I'm primarily a bassist who's never been offended by...

Gordon
replies: 9 views: 385
Janne19691 4 days ago

Hi, I recently rewired my pedalboard from scratch, made costume length cables using sp400 connectors and mogami 2319. I'm...

zhecksome
replies: 9 views: 282
zhecksome 5 days ago

Just bought an se silver sky, I love the playability. My question is, the pickup don't have that vintage Strat bell like tone. So...

Dtray187
replies: 23 views: 1,325
John Eppstein 5 days ago

1x12 vs/ 2x10 Poll OK I'm sort of restoring an early Blackface Deluxe Reverb. I say sort of because it isn't now nor likely...

enorbet2
replies: 119 views: 3,657
enorbet2 6 days ago

I'm noticing a distinct lack of useful cables for adding in a Walrus Julianna to a stereo setup. I usually avoid pedals with the...

vitocorleone123
replies: 1 views: 109
John Eppstein 6 days ago

JUST received this from Sweetwater this morning. I took it out of the box and immediately saw this on the back of the neck. ...

McHale
replies: 9 views: 338
McHale 6 days ago

I've got a Fender Vintage II Stratocaster Fiesta Red Left-Handed on order, but it's taking forever. Other retailers also seem to...

VonNaphoven
replies: 4 views: 192
kslight 6 days ago

I'm replacing some resistors and capacitors on my Silverface Champ. It's the first time I've worked with a point-to-point circuit...

craymcla
replies: 4 views: 207
enorbet2 1 week ago

Hi all, Are there any Slutz out there who know how one might make this nasty lead guitar tone? It gets particularly bug eyed...

arsonculture
replies: 20 views: 3,582
enorbet2 1 week ago

Back in the 70's, JB used to take a line out from the back of a small Fender into a larger stage amp, ie. this BBA photo (see low...

Talpa
replies: 6 views: 381
enorbet2 1 week ago

Greetings oh wise ones of the gear space forums, I recently got a strong urge to go stereo with my Akira-like analog guitar rig....

DPCMorgan
replies: 1 views: 105
decocco 1 week ago

hey, do you know what kind of special effect (except chorus/rev/delay) they use with this...

kiddynamite
replies: 6 views: 385
nitrateaudio 1 week ago

I'm looking for a few differen't ways people are doing this? With Tubes loosing their luster in 6 months with this amp,...

fushapanther
replies: 24 views: 548
Yuri Kogan 1 week ago
replies: 0 views: 86
Haydenlm1 1 week ago

Hi Just got my first analog delay pedal - the mxr carbon copy analog delay. It's AMAZING! I just want to ask if it's normal...

The Beatsmith
replies: 11 views: 5,506
John Eppstein 1 week ago

Hi there, First post, sorry if I mess anything up, and if I didn't find a thread covering this in my searches. I tired, but I...

Moose212
replies: 6 views: 319
Sharp11 1 week ago

I'm wondering who you think is the best guitarist in the world, and why? It's difficult but it's got to be between players like...

nksoloproject
replies: 370 views: 15,875
Gruner 1 week ago

Honestly. I turn my back for five minutes and it's all gone? This is why we can't have nice things.

Axy McGuitarface
replies: 52 views: 862
Whitecat 1 week ago

This inexpensive (less than$30) Behringer SF300 fuzz pedal really sounds great (I have one of those), but the housing is made of...

time_zone
replies: 5 views: 359
jbuonacc 1 week ago

Hi, I'm relatively inexperienced with speakers. I've played a G12H 30W 70th Anniversary for a few years, and more recently...

jose.gs.araujo
replies: 3 views: 198
enorbet2 1 week ago

I'm thinking about trying an attenuator for my Blues Jr Tweed for home recording. Any success stories with this particular...

jerry123
replies: 11 views: 2,939
loziodavid 1 week ago

Friends, I thought I always disliked the amped sound of the nylon string guitar. But listen to this. Sounds kind of cool. Like...

Arseny
replies: 2 views: 213
Sascha Franck 1 week ago

D-16E Ovangkol D-15M Dss-17 Whiskey Or a Taylor 200 series?

Deleted 22098a7
replies: 30 views: 1,023
Larry Mal 1 week ago

Hi! So... I'm interested in knowing if anyone here has any experience with - and love for - vintage german tube amps? There's...

SSharif
replies: 19 views: 4,052
thomakin 1 week ago

Just read that Jeff Beck passed away. Sad loss

grannis
replies: 18 views: 682
grannis 1 week ago

I got a 8100 Marshall Valvestate, as you may know it has 4 Ohm output. I only have 8ohm cabs, so my question is safe to connect...

Nevelous
replies: 5 views: 263
Nevelous 1 week ago

Moderators