Quantcast
1st timer DIY 2x12 guitar cab build - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
1st timer DIY 2x12 guitar cab build
Old 21st January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
1st timer DIY 2x12 guitar cab build

Hey guys, just found the page, great place! I've been doing some research on the web and I'm putting together a shopping list of items that I will require for my first attempt at a guitar cab build. I plan on using 3/4 inch birch plywood for the cab and baffle, eminence red coats, tolex, handles, etc. any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm planning on a 2x12 closed back cab modeled loosely off the orange 2x12s on the market today. Again any advice or past experience is very welcome.

Thanks for your time,
13ones
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Welcome!

If you're doing this as a woodworking exercise and you're good with tools and have done cabinetry before, great. If you've never done this before, I'd caution that building a good closed back cabinet is harder than it looks.

If you're trying to save money, you're better off buying a pre-built cab from Mojo, Avantone, Lopo or other dealers. Or better yet? Look on CL for used cabs. You can usually find them locally either loaded or unloaded for a fraction of their new cost as no one wants to ship them. I've found several vintage Fender cabs that way.

Good luck, but know what you're getting into.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…