Quantcast
Kemper Amplifier - best rigs and profiles!!! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kemper Amplifier - best rigs and profiles!!!
Old 20th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Kemper Amplifier - best rigs and profiles!!!

Hello!

I'd like this thread to be used as a list of the very best rigs and profiles for the KPA. (with links)

Please tell the guitar type and the genre it was made for. Moreover, tell if the sound is similar to any famous artist's signature sound.

For example:
- amp profiled: Marshall JCM 800
- guitar style: Gibson with P90
- genre: PopPunk/Rock
- artist: greenday
- profile name: 123abcXYZ from Kemper Community...

Please stick to this structure!
Thanks a lot! Have fun!
Old 24th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i would post some, but the structure is too tiresome

favourite for me:
ola eglunds tripple recto tig
amp profiled: mesa tripple rectifier
- guitar style: downtuned or 7string
- genre: metal

number 2:
and44 bogner ueberschall metal
amp profiled: mesa tripple rectifier
- guitar style: downtuned or 7string
- genre: metal
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Head

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Sorry for interupting, have anyone tried thisthere is a lot more on this guy's website.
Old 1st October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the posts!!!

Ok, well...if you don't like the structure ... do it your way... that's fine...
Important is the kind of amp, and the profile name and maybe style...

Old 21st April 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hi,
I put One great Marshall 6100 profile for free to RE
you can also download them from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/83oc2z31bk...014-50-57.kipr

- amp profiled: Marshall 6100
- cabinet: Marshall 1960 4x12 V30
- mic: shure sm57
- MXR Zakk Wylde
- genre: Rock/Metal

Sample:

Have Fun!
Stay Metal!
Old 24th April 2014
Gear Guru

58 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
This is the same nonsense as any other "what's the best preset on XXX for Malaysian post-deafmeatal squishycore" nonsense.

If you aren't the guy, doing what the guy did, on the song the guy was doing, his preset is irrelevant to you.

It's the same crap as any other preset library - a way to bilk clueless people out of their cash.

If you're gonna buy the hardware, learn to use it yourself. Which, in this case, means going out and setting up some amps and profiling the sounds YOU want/need/can use.

Sorry, there are no shortcuts.

Downloading "the guy's" library won't make you him.
Old 24th April 2014
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
John, do you ever have any fun with life and just relax?
Old 24th April 2014
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
+1 for Sinmix profiles. My favorites from him are:
Sin of Pride (not sure what amp) - its a high gain very balanced and heavily produced type tone.
LANEYGH100S_SM57_MXR+ - High gain lead tone, also tight enough for chugga chugga
Pretty much any of his EVH 5150 profiles, very sweet sounding high gain and mid gain tones, excellent for faster BPMs.

I also have profiles from JEVO, who has some profiles up for free on the kemper community forums. I think he just does ENGL amps, which are by far my favorite tone in the amplifier kingdom. I especially like the Blackmore, Savage 60 and Savage 120 profiles.

For bass you cant beat Ampeg, Ive got a few badass profiles from Sonicunderground. My favorites being the IC4 SVT BASSIVE and IC4 SVT CLASSIC BASS.

I don't know why anyone could hate on people selling profiles, there are tons of free badass profiles out there, and most of the commercial guys give away freebees too. Profiles are not just presets like someone above posted, they take a musician actually profiling the physical amp and spending time swapping cabs/mics/positions and tweaking the profiles. Just because some people do that for free doesn't mean everyone should. I'm pretty sure the few bucks it costs for a pack of profiles doesn't all go to hookers and blow, I bet at least some of it goes back into shipping/ordering/renting amps to get more profiles. And more is better!
Old 24th April 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Can anyone recommend a good Fender Twin profile? Or other cleaner style amps in comparison to all the high-gain ones that have been mentioned (in that vein I really did the loomis stuff)
Old 25th April 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesolipsist ➑️
Can anyone recommend a good Fender Twin profile? Or other cleaner style amps in comparison to all the high-gain ones that have been mentioned (in that vein I really did the loomis stuff)
Try this:

Fender* SuperReverb – 11 Profiles | The Amp Factory...Sounds of the past, present and future

Not a twin, but still has that fender clean sound.

Jim
col
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGRED. ➑️
Profiles are not just presets like someone above posted, they take a musician actually profiling the physical amp and spending time swapping cabs/mics/positions and tweaking the profiles.
Yup. That's like saying you shouldn't go to a studio and let the engineer tweak the amp and mic position to get the best available tone from that rig since it's just a "preset" someone else made.

I just find the hate on digital gear on this site hilarious, I don't think any of the engineers here are actually recording to tape, mixing that on an analog console and pressing only LP's and C-cassettes from that are they? The way I see the Kemper is that it's just another digital recording device, you just happen to be able to play through it as well. heh

The profiles that see the most use on mine are Sinmix and Stymphalian productions profiles. Although I just usually go straight to my own profiles since that's "my sound" that I feel comfortable with. Link in signature to those profiles.

If I'm in a need for something "special", atmospheric leads or weird effected clean guitars, PaulTS has some fantastic profiles on the exchange.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Eppstein ➑️
This is the same nonsense as any other "what's the best preset on XXX for Malaysian post-deafmeatal squishycore" nonsense.

If you aren't the guy, doing what the guy did, on the song the guy was doing, his preset is irrelevant to you.

It's the same crap as any other preset library - a way to bilk clueless people out of their cash.

If you're gonna buy the hardware, learn to use it yourself. Which, in this case, means going out and setting up some amps and profiling the sounds YOU want/need/can use.

Sorry, there are no shortcuts.

Downloading "the guy's" library won't make you him.
so better build your own amps with your own designs...otherwise you are just playing someone elses sounds and that wonΒ΄t make you him.

ist the same crap as any other amp with a certain Sound...a way to bilk clueless People out of their cash
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbridgman ➑️
Try this:

Fender* SuperReverb – 11 Profiles | The Amp Factory...Sounds of the past, present and future

Not a twin, but still has that fender clean sound.

Jim
Thanks I'm going to check this out this weekend!
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by col ➑️
Yup. That's like saying you shouldn't go to a studio and let the engineer tweak the amp and mic position to get the best available tone from that rig since it's just a "preset" someone else made.

I just find the hate on digital gear on this site hilarious, I don't think any of the engineers here are actually recording to tape, mixing that on an analog console and pressing only LP's and C-cassettes from that are they? The way I see the Kemper is that it's just another digital recording device, you just happen to be able to play through it as well. heh

The profiles that see the most use on mine are Sinmix and Stymphalian productions profiles. Although I just usually go straight to my own profiles since that's "my sound" that I feel comfortable with. Link in signature to those profiles.

If I'm in a need for something "special", atmospheric leads or weird effected clean guitars, PaulTS has some fantastic profiles on the exchange.
Quite aware of the digital hate, some warranted, some not, but to be completely biased against digital is just going to leave you in the dust these days, Kemper case and point.

Thanks for linking profiles, Ill check them out tonight.
Old 29th April 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
For higain tones the Sinmix Metalpack 2 is really awesome and a steal for the price.
If you're looking for more vintage tones go to Top Jimi Kemper Amp Profiles
The profiles are insane, especially the Marshall Superlead ... unbelievable ... never thought I#'d have the opportunity to play sth that sounds like this

Alos the amp factory has great profiles. The Orange Rockerverb and Thunderverb are some of my favorites as well as the Uberschall.
Old 30th April 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hi,

Mesa Boogie DR + HB 2x12 V30 + Maxon OD808 profile from my Metal Pack II

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5mhsfxo5l...019-47-16.kipr

Some Audio Samples

Stay Metal!
Old 1st May 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Just bought the SinMix metal pack II and am loving the cleans on the Iommi Laney. Great stuff!
Old 1st May 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesolipsist ➑️
Just bought the SinMix metal pack II and am loving the cleans on the Iommi Laney. Great stuff!
Hi,
Thx for support I appreciate it!

Remember:

Quote:
I would like to share with you guys some news and rules update. Whoever buys one of my SinMix metal pack gets a free and unlimited acces to all my new single profiles I'll put online. It's not limited in time, it starts from now and stay forever, Although, full profile packs still needs to be bought and won't be posted for free anytime soon. \m/
Just register on my forum: www.sinmix.brickwall.pl

Some mixes:

Stay Metal!
Old 3rd December 2015
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Bit of a bump but I got a free selection of profiles available from our pack here.
Old 11th December 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReampZone ➑️
Bit of a bump but I got a free selection of profiles available from our pack here.
Anyone heard of the Hotone Heart attack? it's a 5watt modelled clone of the dual rec (or it tries to). We have the pack on sale but there are also freebies there too in the description, check it out at: Hotone Heart Attack Kemper Profiles - ReampZone

sound sample;
https://soundcloud.com/reampzone/hot...emper-profiles
https://soundcloud.com/reampzone/hot...per-profiles-2
πŸ“ Reply