Quantcast
Pedal Board Cables - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pedal Board Cables
Old 12th April 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
As others have noted, I've used George L's for over a decade and have never had one fail me live.

There are two things about George L's that I recommend:

1. Get a cable tester. I have one because I own a studio and make all of my own microphone and adapter cables. I think a cable tester is important for ALL cables that you make because it takes the guesswork out in case a cable doesn't work and you're not left hunting around your pedalboard for the bad one.

2. Buy the rubber sleeves that cover the ends on the George L's or any of the other solderless options. They actually serve a purpose on the right angle cables (keeping the screw from moving when the cables are moved).

I love George L's and have never had a reason to look elsewhere on any of my boards.
Old 28th April 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
We make soldered cables and use hight quality Mogami 2319 and Mogami 2524 cables. you can find us

here: Castline Cables

Also you can find many reviews about our cables in our store on Reverb [dot] com
Old 29th April 2016
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I think the highest quality would be Evidence audio,their Monorail cable is good for tight spaces and can be used with their solderless ends or with any soldered connector: The Monorail Signal Cable | Evidence Audio
Old 29th April 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
GL user here

I used to roll my own with Canare' and Switchcraft. About two years ago I switched to GL's. In that time I've only had one GL cable get fussy on me. Took it apart, rebuilt it, works perfect now. My pedal board gets moved around a lot from gigs and rehearsals. It always works!

I use the little vinyl caps too.
Old 29th April 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have tried george l and planet waves. Always a short or volume loss or something. I use the hosa patch with the pancake jacks and gc patches. Sounds great and no issues. I put the board in a loop to bypass when not used in the studio but the difference was negligible if even audible at all.
Old 6th June 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I used the Lava Cable Tight Rope and have not been disappointed.
I was very skeptical about them but I have used now for 15+ gigs and had to alter them and re-do them because of changes of my board.
I had no problem. I can strongly recommend the Lava Cable Tight Rope Set.
📝 Reply