Quantcast
What kind of guitar is this?!? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What kind of guitar is this?!?
Old 16th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
What kind of guitar is this?!?

Can you please tell me exactly what kind of guitar I have? My friend gave it to me and he knows nothing about guitars. He told me it is a "Fender Texas Fat Strat." It says "Corona, California" on the neck mounting plate and "Made in USA" on headstock.

Is my friend correct? My guitar looks exactly like this...

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/i...3fcd1335/l.jpg

But mine has two string retainers at the top, one for the e and b strings, one for the g and d strings and mine has a maple fretboard. Other than that, it looks exactly like the one in the picture.

The most important question beyond what it is, is how much I should sell mine for? It's in very, very good condition and the bridge has been blocked (sombitch was going out of tune like crazy). Nothing at all is wrong with it, it's just not appropriate for the dream pop/shoegaze music that I play. Looking for a tele...

Thanks so much for your time!!!
Old 17th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomoreno ➡️
Can you please tell me exactly what kind of guitar I have? My friend gave it to me and he knows nothing about guitars. He told me it is a "Fender Texas Fat Strat." It says "Corona, California" on the neck mounting plate and "Made in USA" on headstock.

Is my friend correct? My guitar looks exactly like this...

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/i...3fcd1335/l.jpg

But mine has two string retainers at the top, one for the e and b strings, one for the g and d strings and mine has a maple fretboard. Other than that, it looks exactly like the one in the picture.

The most important question beyond what it is, is how much I should sell mine for? It's in very, very good condition and the bridge has been blocked (sombitch was going out of tune like crazy). Nothing at all is wrong with it, it's just not appropriate for the dream pop/shoegaze music that I play. Looking for a tele...

Thanks so much for your time!!!
That's a very nice Fender Strat made in the US.
Old 17th September 2012
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
And looks to be about $600-700 on ebay...
Old 19th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Thanks guys! I figured out that it is a 1999 Fender Lonestar Stratocaster.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…