G&L PTB system: any similar product? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
G&L PTB system: any similar product?
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
G&L PTB system: any similar product?

Hi,

I'm interested in G&L's PTB system. On another forum, it's been described that way:
Middle tone is a low pass, just like any other guitar tone control. In amp terms it's closest to the treble control.
Bottom tone is a high pass. It rolls off the low end. Think of it like the bass control on your amp.

When both are down, all you get is low mid. Think "Money for Nothing" tone. Turning up the middle tone brings high mids and treble back in, and turning up the bottom tone brings back the lows.

One important point: neither of these controls "adds" anything. They're both passive tone controls and are only capable of cutting frequencies. With both controls at 10, you're hearing the full spectrum of the pickups.

Since G&L guitars ar quite expensive, and since I already own 3 guitars, I was wondering if any similar product's available so I can put it in one or all my guitars.
Any manufacturer making passive high pass/low pass guitar knobs?
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…