Amp and cab suggestion - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Amp and cab suggestion
Old 12th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Amp and cab suggestion

Hello everyone.

I would like to ask you a question. At the moment my current gear is composed by rack system including a Marshall Jmp1 preamp and an Advance TA100, which is a poweramp with two indipendent 100 W channels. All runs through a Crate GX412RV 200W with Celestion speakers. I don't use effects, except a digiverb and Mxr six band Eq in the signal chain. The guitar is a ESP-LTD V-250 with a Di Marzio 2xn bridge pickup.
Currently i am looking for something newer and for a classic amp (not a rack one, which is not so much easy to manage on stage and heavy too).
I was looking for a trade and i found two interesting alternatives. One is the Laney VH100R and the other one is the Randall V2.
Since i don't know this amps so much, could you please suggest me which one is better and if they are better than my current amp. I play mainly black metal

here you can see a photo of my amp: http://www.mercatinomusicale.com/mm/...id2684585.html

Thank you very much

Last edited by Nebiros; 12th September 2012 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: Add a link to a photo of my amp.
📝 Reply