Quantcast
acoustic/electric strap locks - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
acoustic/electric strap locks
Old 10th February 2009
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
acoustic/electric strap locks

I was wondering what people are using for strap locks on there acoustic/electric guitars.
I have a Breedlove ad/sr25 plus an would like to use strap locks.
Is this really the only option i have Jason Lisle's Page - Straplocking a Taylor Electric/Acoustic Guitar Short of adding an additional button to my guitar?
I see this I see this Buy Planet Waves 2" Polypropylene Planet Lock Guitar Strap | Straps & Strap Locks | Musician's Friend
but dont think it will work becuase of the placement of the top button on the guitar.PLEASE HELP.
Thanks.
Old 17th February 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
fwiw that Planet Waves one is the one I've been using for years (or something like it) and my end pin is the jack too . . . always wondered why it was so fricking hard to put straps on acoustics. my martin doesn't even have two on it - gotta tie the strap w/ string to the headstock. . . craziness!

good luck
Old 18th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I still haven't really done anything about it.I like the planet waves strap,But the top button on my guitar is on the underside of the bottom of the neck. I just don't understand this at all.Why not just put the F$%n button on the top like an electric.Thing is i don't want to tie the strap to the headstock.I searched breedlove's forums,searched all over the internet,I even tried to contact breedlove support with the same exact question,and they didn't even respond.
Old 20th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
you could always drill another hole at the neck joint ... a buddy of mine did it to an expensive Martin and it worked. personally I'm not that experimental, and given my poor track record w/ tools . . .

I feel your pain, nothing worse than a really small annoying issue to derail the enjoyablilty of an instrument!
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…